Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I remember combs.

Just.

Beware the glabrous ctenophile 

Spoiler

There was a competition in the Herald years ago for poems using obscure words and the winner was a poem called "Beware the glabrous ctenophile". The two words stuck in my head. 

Glabrous: smooth, like Melanius' heid

Ctenophile: a lover of combs. 

The bam swedge on Cleppington Road has made the "Edinburgh Live" page for some reason.

This is in itself a personal PTTGOYN. As much as I appreciate a local news source keeping me up to date with events in the city of my formative youth, I fail to see what the f**k this has to do with Edinburgh?

24 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

The bam swedge on Cleppington Road has made the "Edinburgh Live" page for some reason.

This is in itself a personal PTTGOYN. As much as I appreciate a local news source keeping me up to date with events in the city of my formative youth, I fail to see what the f**k this has to do with Edinburgh?

If the story was Reach Media they’ll probably just shove it across all their outlets for the sake of filling up inches/bandwidth. There’s quite often stories about some bam getting 18 months for common assault in Liverpool in the Daily Ranger so I presume they own the Echo these days. 

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

It's a tree, who gives a f**k?

"Tree of the year" :lol:

It was the lead story on the regional BBC news.  Vox pops included: devastating, bereft, angry and upset and can't comprehend. I can actually understand those kinds of reactions. However, the leader of the County Council was interviewed and suggested that it would be like the Kennedy assassination, in that everyone would remember where they were when they heard the news. I've forgotten already.

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I remember combs.

Just.

Very considerate of @Mrs Mullarkay to hide hers out of respect for your feelings.

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The tree's probably hundreds of years old, a beautiful thing, then along comes a moron with a chainsaw.

Soul destroying.

Quite poignant that the post following this was from Granny Danger.