Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I was reluctant to read off the Sale of Goods Act, but as soon as he started going off on one about how they're allowed to send it off for repair 3 times for the same fault indefinitely I finally called him up on it and cited s48A-C of the Sale of Goods Act. He wouldn't budge, so I've emailed the Managing Director of Argos.

Edit: at one point I pointed out to him that it was an unreasonable time to be without the use of the product given the purpose for which it was bought and that it had, on a point of fact, caused me significant inconvenience to date and would cause further inconvenience for the possible quoted 21 days for return by manufacturer. He said, in an unsure manner "you need to prove that you have been significantly inconvenienced. You'll have to take it up with the customer services department online". My response, a little bit ratty by this stage was "OH YOU CAN COUNT ON IT".

On the whole, though, I felt I kept my cool.

I had a fight with Halfords yesterday over a fualty car seat which they wanted to send away for testing, the polystirene was slipping out the shell, then would only replace with the same model, which I certainly didn't want, which they presented not even in a box. According to the store manager that was all Halfords were willing to do.

Call to customer servies where I did use the line "do I really need to call the Sunday Post and tell them that Halfords rate profit protection ahead of Child Safety" and an hour later I had a call back telling me to return to store (well it was my inlaws as I was home doing this by phone as said child is ill) and choose a model of same or greater value, but I had to make up difference.

Consumerdirect

They are superb help,I bought a car that developed a few faults within 5 days and my wife phoned them for a bit of advice,It turns out that we were entitled to a refund or repair,.But if you accept a repair then you cannot at any time return it for the same fault.

She took the car back and guess what?

We got our money back :D

Edited by keithgy

Consumerdirect

They are superb help,I bought a car that developed a few faults within 5 days and my wife phoned them for a bit of advice,It turns out that we were entitled to a refund or repair,.But if you accept a repair then you cannot at any time return it for the same fault.

She took the car back and guess what?

We got our money back :D

I called them as well. Used to have customer on who had been in touch with them when I worked on the B&Q customer service line. Very helpful.

Dear Mr Bendtner.

I am aware you are the best striker in the world, but when chances like that are presented to you, you need to fucking finish them. That was embarrassing pal...

Dear Mr Bendtner.

I am aware you are the best striker in the world, but when chances like that are presented to you, you need to fucking finish them. That was embarrassing pal...

Whilst, I understand that those were gilt-edged chances, and yes, he should have finished them, 'best striker in the world'? I'm not sure he's even the best Danish striker at Arsenal....

Whilst, I understand that those were gilt-edged chances, and yes, he should have finished them, 'best striker in the world'? I'm not sure he's even the best Danish striker at Arsenal....

I was joking...

Two of them were good chances, two half chances.

I'm not sure that changes your point much, if at all, but..... :lol:

I was away for a piss before the sitter in the second half, so was right behind the goal coming back to the fence at the time. He had the entire right side of the keeper and goal to aim for... so hit it with the outside of his left foot. Jesus wept.

Edited by vikingTON

Toothache.

I've been up all night with some incredible pain. I can't even close my mouth because if my teeth even hint at touching the pain is by far the worst thing I have ever experienced, and I have taken an Albertz-like free kick to the chuckies.

I'm currently loaded up on painkillers, but the pain is still awful. It was that bad I actually considered pliers at around 6am.