Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I have some kind of infection on the roof of my mouth (I realise this will lead to jokes about sucking cock/having bad AIDS, carry on

11 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

old urticaria that I suffer from.

Well that's neatly tied up. Get well soon to both xx 

Watched BBC breakfast yesterday and they had an article on the "cat serial killer " of Croydon, at one point they spoke to some cat welfare man who referred to these crimes as murder and then claimed that the death of a cat was the same as the death of a child. At no point did anyone from the programme make any interjection to say that this is not the case , I actually shouted at the tv- surely even cat owners don't think this.

1 minute ago, moniton said:

Watched BBC breakfast yesterday and they had an article on the "cat serial killer " of Croydon, at one point they spoke to some cat welfare man who referred to these crimes as murder and then claimed that the death of a cat was the same as the death of a child. At no point did anyone from the programme make any interjection to say that this is not the case , I actually shouted at the tv- surely even cat owners don't think this.

Think we'll let @Bigmouth Strikes Again field this one.

1 minute ago, moniton said:

I take it you have never encountered any of the numerous fuckwits who consider their pets to be their babies, and describe themselves as mummy and daddy to cats and dogs?

Amazing that they can't standardise a system across all health centres.  I actually feel for the reception staff at my health centre, this morning I got through and I could hear the fear in her voice as she said "sorry, we don't have anything left for today". I just sighed and she started apologising.  She knows the system is an absolute shambles and can't do anything about it. I'm tempted to call back at lunch and ask if I can send a picture of my infection in can the doctor prescribe me antibiotics.

Go to GP out of hours at the Vale? If youre in genuine discomfort and can’t get an appointment id say that is perfectly reasonable use of the service.

32 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Think we'll let @Bigmouth Strikes Again field this one.

Its a bit of an extreme viewpoint, although in saying that, there are certain people I know who, if they died, I wouldn't give a f**k, whereas if anything happened to the Smudger I would be quite upset. Thank you.

Being upset is fine, however the national broadcaster allowed this to go unchallenged. I'm sure if, in the course of an interview, someone was to put forward the hypothesis that the concept of a hereditary monarchy runs counter to natural justice or indeed logic they would jump all over it - but cats equal children, yeah batter on.

16 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Its a bit of an extreme viewpoint, although in saying that, there are certain people I know who, if they died, I wouldn't give a f**k, 

Granny Danger for one, I'm sure.

53 minutes ago, moniton said:

Whilst it’s not the same as a child being murdered, I do think that someone going around butchering animals should get a hefty sentence, probably simialr length to murder. I don’t really get how humans are able to so easily separate themselves from other animals. Also, if someone is butchering cats, the likelihood is that they’re a full blown nutter who’ll move on from cats eventually.

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Its a bit of an extreme viewpoint, although in saying that, there are certain people I know who, if they died, I wouldn't give a f**k, whereas if anything happened to the Smudger I would be quite upset. Thank you.

What would be Smudger's take on the demise of old Danger? 

What would be Smudger's take on the demise of old Danger? 

“The Judge also noted that the cat, Smudger, showed a complete lack of remorse over his actions, even smiling as witness described events”

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Whilst it’s not the same as a child being murdered, I do think that someone going around butchering animals should get a hefty sentence, probably simialr length to murder. I don’t really get how humans are able to so easily separate themselves from other animals. Also, if someone is butchering cats, the likelihood is that they’re a full blown nutter who’ll move on from cats eventually.

Is this WTM's new stomping ground?  Maybe this is his way of kicking the habit, like someone giving up the fags going onto patches or a vape.

We all know it doesn't work and he'll relapse sooner or later.

I have never had any desire to have a pet; it’s like tattoos, I just struggle to see the appeal.

That said, I can understand people who get upset at the demise of their pets.  It is only natural.

Comparing it to the death of a child, however, is something else.

50 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Whilst I agree that c***s that brutally torture animals should receive a hefty prison sentence but I'm not sure about sending someone down for a 20 stretch just for killing Fido tbh.

57 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

@SlipperyP

59 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

We slaughter millions of animals every year on an industrial basis. It's just cultural bias that makes us think differently about cats and dogs.

I made a repeat prescription for omeprozole like a do every 3 mo the and recently it got rejected with a note saying “please contact doctor to discuss” so I phoned up the surgery that day and it took a full week to be able to book a phone conversation with a doctor for a conversation that lasted 3 minutes.

I’m on the same and they put a note with my repeat telling me to contact doctor to discuss as well. But there was no point in me doing so, because i need the tablets. Would have been a waste of an appointment someone else can have.