Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I’m on the same and they put a note with my repeat telling me to contact doctor to discuss as well. But there was no point in me doing so, because i need the tablets. Would have been a waste of an appointment someone else can have.

Why do you need the tablets? Is there an underlying problem?

I should probably cut out various things and the problem would ease a bit, but I get heartburn even when I’m not eating/drinking shite as well so would still probably need them. I got told I need to give a sample of my shite to check for anything wrong with my stomach and that I should try and change my diet to try and require less going forward. This was fair enough but they should have still let me have some omeprozole in the time being and arranged for an appointment within a few weeks as I have had bad heartburn and had to buy Rennies/Gaviscon which does almost nothing.

10 minutes ago, sjc said:

Whilst I agree that c***s that brutally torture animals should receive a hefty prison sentence but I'm not sure about sending someone down for a 20 stretch just for killing Fido tbh.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We slaughter millions of animals every year on an industrial basis. It's just cultural bias that makes us think differently about cats and dogs.

If there is a genuine purpose to it (e.g. for food) then it’s just an unfortunate part of the food chain that we need to kill the animal. I don’t feel any less sad about a cow being brutally slaughtered than a dog. Both living animals that have emotions and feel pain. 

Probably coming across as a vegan arsehole, but I don’t really see much difference if someone was to cut a human’s throat for no reason compared to doing the same to a cow/dog/giraffe, and think they should be punished fairly similarly. Obviously that’s taking all the emotion of it being people you know out of it, I’d be more upset at a family member being killed than I would be at a random animal, or even a pet.

I have acid reflux, which means that 1st thing in the morning, and last thing at night my stomach is full of acid and i feel sick. Have had this since i was a bairn and didn’t do anything about it until i was in my 20s. It’s only one 10mg tablet in the morning, but it makes such a difference and i wouldn’t be without them now.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If there is a genuine purpose to it (e.g. for food) then it’s just an unfortunate part of the food chain that we need to kill the animal. I don’t feel any less sad about a cow being brutally slaughtered than a dog. Both living animals that have emotions and feel pain. 

Probably coming across as a vegan arsehole, but I don’t really see much difference if someone was to cut a human’s throat for no reason compared to doing the same to a cow/dog/giraffe, and think they should be punished fairly similarly. Obviously that’s taking all the emotion of it being people you know out of it, I’d be more upset at a family member being killed than I would be at a random animal, or even a pet.

What about killing vegetables or pulses?

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

I have acid reflux, which means that 1st thing in the morning, and last thing at night my stomach is full of acid and i feel sick. Have had this since i was a bairn and didn’t do anything about it until i was in my 20s. It’s only one 10mg tablet in the morning, but it makes such a difference and i wouldn’t be without them now.

Have you tried manuka honey?

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

For me the killing for food argument doesn't really work as we've no need to eat meat. We choose to slaughter some animals but are squeamish about others.

Tbh I think I would go veggie if I had to kill animals myself for meat. That's hypocrisy for you.

2 minutes ago, sjc said:

What about killing vegetables or pulses?

Unless there’s been new research I’m unaware of then I don’t believe vegetables and pulses have emotions and feel pain so not comparable. I’m not going suggest 20 years for smashing up Old Man Danger’s flower patch. As I said above, if there’s a purpose (food) then we have to kill animals (and veg).

My GP surgery is pretty decent. You're unlikely to get an appointment on the day you call, but you can often get one for a few days after. I've never had to wait more than a week. Also it's worth walking in to speak to the receptionist as due to cancellations (that haven't yet been made if you call in the morning) they can fit you in earlier. 

I get that folk get annoyed that the receptionists ask what the issue is and in some cases ask if it's an emergency, but only startlingly thick people actually think it's them being nosy and not something they are instructed to do. 

The reason people get upset about cats and dogs is that they are taken in and accepted as part of the family. My cat is part of my family. Find it hard to see why folk try to act all nonchalant about their pets. If you dont want one, dont fucking have one. It didnt ask to rely on you for its survival/quality of life.

Anyone who goes around murdering peoples pets deserves pretty serious jail time, both for the depravity of the act itself, and the impact on the families who own the pets.

Cows/pigs/chickens are reared for and then volutarily slaughtered by their owners. If someone was running about wiping out farm stock, the law would come down hard on them too. Apples and oranges type arguement.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The reason people get upset about cats and dogs is that they are taken in and accepted as part of the family. My cat is part of my family. Find it hard to see why folk try to act all nonchalant about their pets. If you dont want one, dont fucking have one. It didnt ask to rely on you for its survival/quality of life.

Anyone who goes around murdering peoples pets deserves pretty serious jail time, both for the depravity of the act itself, and the impact on the families who own the pets.

Cows/pigs/chickens are reared for and then volutarily slaughtered by their owners. If someone was running about wiping out farm stock, the law would come down hard on them too. Apples and oranges type arguement.

Don't know if you have kids (I don't pay as much attention as other posters on here to folks domestic circumstances) but I am sure you would not equate the death of your cat to a child if you have one.

Don't know if you have kids (I don't pay as much attention as other posters on here to folks domestic circumstances) but I am sure you would not equate the death of your cat to a child if you have one.
No I wouldnt, but I would be beyond seething if someone deliberately harmed my cat. Its ridiculous to try and compare the two in order to give some magnitude to the murder of someone pet, when to any decent human, thats a crime that should already be considered pretty disgusting. This type of animal mistreatment needs no comparison to humans, its just a fucking shitty thing to do and should be punished accordingly.

38 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I was on omeprozole for years, used to get killed with heartburn, I stopped another medication and it suddenly stopped the heartburn too

48 minutes ago, throbber said:

Why do you need the tablets? Is there an underlying problem?

I should probably cut out various things and the problem would ease a bit, but I get heartburn even when I’m not eating/drinking shite as well so would still probably need them. I got told I need to give a sample of my shite to check for anything wrong with my stomach and that I should try and change my diet to try and require less going forward. This was fair enough but they should have still let me have some omeprozole in the time being and arranged for an appointment within a few weeks as I have had bad heartburn and had to buy Rennies/Gaviscon which does almost nothing.

You need to be off the Omeprazole for 14 days for the shit sample test to be accurate.

48 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just because B is worse than A doesn't mean A isn't bad.