Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Inconsiderate drivers who, despite having a practically empty road to choose from, insist on double parking just so that they can stop directly outside of a particular house.   

Come to Dumfries. We're not the best at much but Utterly Fucking Awful + Inconsiderate Drivers is a title the town would win hands down.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

As if to demonstrate my point! Couldn't make it up.

IMG-20180227-WA0003.jpg

Absolute fuckwits.

My grandmother lives in Dumfries having moved in the late 90s from a farm near Glencaple, can confirm that Dumfries is where I have witnessed the worst drivers in Scotland, and I don't exclude my near grandmother from them, thankfully she doesn't drive anymore.

I almost feel a bit teary looking at the picture, remembering the old toy shop that used to be nearby, where I bought my first Subbuteo team. 

My grandmother lives in Dumfries having moved in the late 90s from a farm near Glencaple, can confirm that Dumfries is where I have witnessed the worst drivers in Scotland, and I don't exclude my near grandmother from them, thankfully she doesn't drive anymore.
I almost feel a bit teary looking at the picture, remembering the old toy shop that used to be nearby, where I bought my first Subbuteo team. 

It's incredible how fucking ignorant and awful our drivers are. I certainly don't class myself as a road rager. Anywhere else in the country and chilled. But this place. Every time I'm out I find myself getting annoyed by stupid drivers. Yesterday I was at a junction and wanted to go to a street ahead but had to cross two lanes running across me. There's a wee gap of opportunity with the lights further down to squeeze across. The traffic going past me were approaching a red light so couldn't move and therefore I had that gap to get across before traffic came the opposite way. This fuckwit stopped right in front of me in a yellow box. I was absolutely livid. He wasn't going anywhere yet felt the need to block me. Utter p***k.*

I actually get mad with myself for getting so angry but I really can't help it. Anyone who hasn't driven here will think I'm exaggerating but until they experience it for themselves they won't believe how bad they are. I actually said to my Mrs I should invest in a dashcam to prove to folk I'm not making this stuff up.

I think I put on here how the other week I was behind a car at a roundabout who was giving way to cars on her left!

* Hard to explain that. I was coming from Terregles St wanting to cross Galloway Street to go to the street just below Rosemount St if you can mind where they are.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's incredible how fucking ignorant and awful our drivers are. I certainly don't class myself as a road rager. Anywhere else in the country and chilled. But this place. Every time I'm out I find myself getting annoyed by stupid drivers. Yesterday I was at a junction and wanted to go to a street ahead but had to cross two lanes running across me. There's a wee gap of opportunity with the lights further down to squeeze across. The traffic going past me were approaching a red light so couldn't move and therefore I had that gap to get across before traffic came the opposite way. This fuckwit stopped right in front of me in a yellow box. I was absolutely livid. He wasn't going anywhere yet felt the need to block me. Utter p***k.*

I actually get mad with myself for getting so angry but I really can't help it. Anyone who hasn't driven here will think I'm exaggerating but until they experience it for themselves they won't believe how bad they are. I actually said to my Mrs I should invest in a dashcam to prove to folk I'm not making this stuff up.

I think I put on here how the other week I was behind a car at a roundabout who was giving way to cars on her left!

* Hard to explain that. I was coming from Terregles St wanting to cross Galloway Street to go to the street just below Rosemount St if you can mind where they are.

It's horribly embarrassing if you're following a moving trail of traffic across a yellow box and it suddenly comes to a halt. I just stare ahead while my cheeks go red.

It's horribly embarrassing if you're following a moving trail of traffic across a yellow box and it suddenly comes to a halt. I just stare ahead while my cheeks go red.

That's sometimes bad luck. That's not what happened with this p***k. The traffic in front of him had stopped and it's clear to see the red light from where he was. He chose to drive forward and sit in the box. If the lights had been green before he did this I wouldn't have minded, I'd just have questioned his judgement. This dickhead blatantly moved into the box.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I know exactly the area you mean, it's bizarre piece of town planning in that area, you drive along the street below Rosemount, think it's Howgate Street which is one way going in one direction, it then meets Church St up to the Camera Obscura which is a one way street going in the other direction, I may be imaging this but I think years ago Church Street was a two way street, which seems even more bizarre. 

I remember one day driving out of town along Glasgow Road, there is a big roundabout where it meets Lochfield/Side? Road, there are two lanes of traffic. We were in the left lane, a woman turns off the roundabout into the right lane and drives the wrong way up the street, we drove out and didn't look back.

That's the area. Aye crazy! The best I've seen was a few months back. You know the Glasgow Road dual carriageway? I was heading away from the town and there was an old guy driving towards me. Couldn't believe it or figure out how the hell he got on that part of the road!

What was the toy shop btw? Was it Beatties (sp?) at Burns Statue or was it Newall's Toy Shop(sp?) down the vennel? Sad state of affairs but it's turning into a Ghost Town :(

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's the area. Aye crazy! The best I've seen was a few months back. You know the Glasgow Road dual carriageway? I was heading away from the town and there was an old guy driving towards me. Couldn't believe it or figure out how the hell he got on that part of the road!

What was the toy shop btw? Was it Beatties (sp?) at Burns Statue or was it Newall's Toy Shop(sp?) down the vennel? Sad state of affairs but it's turning into a Ghost Town :(

The demise of Beattie's is a PTTGOMN.

My uncle lived in Ayr, and we always used to get a trip to Beattie's when we went to visit him. Usually resulted in a new Subbuteo team or a new Scalextric car.

The demise of Beattie's is a PTTGOMN.
My uncle lived in Ayr, and we always used to get a trip to Beattie's when we went to visit him. Usually resulted in a new Subbuteo team or a new Scalextric car.

On the topic of Subbuteo. I set mine up the other day when my nephews were here (aged 6 and 10 respectively). They walked in and both hadn't a clue what it was. The 6 year old was bouncing to play and the 10 year old played but wasn't arsed. Had there been an ipad in sight I expect both would have opted for that.

I'll be doing my best to hold off on Tablets being given to my kids for as long as possible.

(I expect that is classed as 'Yer Da' patter? [emoji38])

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

On the topic of Subbuteo. I set mine up the other day when my nephews were here (aged 6 and 10 respectively). They walked in and both hadn't a clue what it was. The 6 year old was bouncing to play and the 10 year old played but wasn't arsed. Had there been an ipad in sight I expect both would have opted for that.

I'll be doing my best to hold off on Tablets being given to my kids for as long as possible.

(I expect that is classed as 'Yer Da' patter? emoji38.png)

I wouldn't say so. I totally agree with you.