Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 19/12/2020 at 01:27, tamthebam said:

What the fine and noble City of Stirling, with its castle and University, needs to do is annex the nearby tiddly towns like Alloa and Falkirk so that they become mere suburbs of the mighty Central Scotland metropolis.

This is what Edinburgh did with Leith and Portobello and Glasgow did with Govan.

They've been doing that for decades. I used to visit relatives in parts of Perthshire that have been assimilated into the Stirlingshire mass.

They don't want us or Falkirk because we smell almost as bad as the Raploch, Cornton, Cultenhove, Fallin, etc.

Taxi drivers. More specifically the one who came flying round the corner of a side road which I was in the middle of crossing yesterday. He nearly hit me and was beeping because I did not jump out of the way, despite the fact I couldn’t as I’ve hurt my back again and it’s all I can do to walk across. c**t.

51 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Fucking arseholes.

Just....... Why ??? 

What a pointless exercise under the current climate, when you could be sitting warmly in the house watching it on the telly with a nice cold beer. 

Standing outside a football ground in the cold to do what, cheer a bus? Fucking moronic, yet completely unsurprising behaviour. 

The personification of inanimate objects. "Try me!", "I'm new!", "I'm not in service", et cetera. Tins of own brand coffee have no right using first person. The infantilisation of society continues.

Virgin Trains getting people to voice the toilets. All the major psychoanalysts would’ve had a field day with stuff like this.

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Virgin Trains getting people to voice the toilets. All the major psychoanalysts would’ve had a field day with stuff like this.

I went for a pish on a Virgin train and forgot they had done that. 

I thought the f*cking bog was haunted until I remembered.

When a quiz contestant or a caller comes on the BBC and say they are a "manager for a well known chain of chicken fast food restaurants" or something to that effect. They say is in such a smarmy dull voice that gives the impression they use this phrase to always describe their employer. In any case do the BBC still care about this form of "advertising"? 

Edited by KingRocketman II

32 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

When a quiz contestant or a caller comes on the BBC and say they are a "manager for a well known chain of chicken fast food restaurants" or something to that effect. They say is in such a smarmy dull voice that gives the impression they use this phrase to always describe their employer. In any case do the BBC still care about this form of "advertising"? 

I don't think there's a network that doesn't. 

20 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Harry Redknapp advertising anything and everything on TV and radio.

How much money does one person need?

Suprised how much work someone who supposedly can't read and doesn't have email can get!

Can't think what the bloody things are called, but BBC News' new love affair with showing those fluctuating noise level / audiogram type things whenever they're playing a voice clip.  Unless they're obscuring the photo of somebody who's butt ugly, who or what the f*** is it useful for?!