Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 hours ago, Paxo said:

Bass is for failed guitarists. Having rarely touched a bass in my life, I reckon I could pick one up and be playing it to your average working musician's standard within an hour.

May the ghosts of Bernard Edwards and Jaco Pastorious keep you from sleeping for a month. At least.

How many bass guitar players does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, us piano players can do it with our left hand. 
[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji41].
There are bass players who are fantastic, like the boy from Primus. He's ace. 

Les Claypool, tremendous.

Also, drum solos, I recommend the Ginger Baker documentary Beware of Mr Baker.

To echo the sentiments of many recent posters here , if you find drum solos tedious and bass playing simple then you're listening to the wrong music.  I say this as a guitarist with over 20 years experience who wishes I had the skill to be a drummer or play bass well.  

41 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

To echo the sentiments of many recent posters here , if you find drum solos tedious and bass playing simple then you're listening to the wrong music.  I say this as a guitarist with over 20 years experience who wishes I had the skill to be a drummer or play bass well.  

Tony Levin and Danny Thompson are the dudes.......

20 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Tony Levin and Danny Thompson are the dudes.......

Danny developed into John Martyns very very very heavy-drinking onstage/offstage buddy occasionally resulting in the odd scrap on or offstage. Seen him with Pentangle and Richard T. Played with hunners of fine musicians but can there be any finer accolade than having played on the original Thunderbirds theme?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Nena - always thought she was hot as f**k when I was a young lad.......................just googled and she is 62 now !!

Always hated that version of the song. The original German, on the other hand....

The Nike shirts with the broken stripe down the side.

I can't even imagine how much this must infuriate people who actually have OCD, as it rips my knitting something awful.

221160_Gallery_4_0767125.jpg?impolicy=th

Not knowing the difference between 're-sign' and 'resign' (and/or 're-signed' and 'resigned') when writing.

Also, 'alot' is not a word.

Edited by DA Baracus

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Not knowing the difference between 're-sign' and 'resign' (and/or 're-signed' and 'resigned') when writing.

Also, 'alot' is not a word.

It will be soon.