Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Never used to get nonsense like that in Danny's in Laurieston.
I suggest you try the Ross Carter barber shop old chap.  All done by appointment so no issues with that sort of nonsense.
Theres another place just round the corner in Stenny that's never busy. Probably because they want 28 quid instead of 18 for my skinheed and beard trim.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

A large proportion of people think that parking is a one shot thing, you can reverse and straighten up if you've made a c**t of it you ignorant wankers.

It's a manly thing, parking on the first attempt is a must.

Here's me last week, don't give a f**k ken.

Edited by SlipperyP

Broke my arm yesterday. It might qualify as PTTGOYN due to the stupid way I did it. Was having a water fight with the kids, and slipped on the back step, decked it and snapped the humorous on the edge of the next step, halfway between the shoulder and elbow, like a twig. 

The real PTTGOYN is the folk running the 999 service. This all happened in the afternoon, maybe 4 o'clock, and they said 20 mins for an ambulance, which obviously I immediately knew was bullshit, but I wasn't in a position to argue. They also told my wife not to give me any painkillers. An hour later some duty doctor called to say an ambulance hadn't yet been allocated. I wasn't too bad at this point, as I'd flopped the arm into my chest and was running high on endorphines. I said fair dos, but asked what the worst case scenario for the wait was, and she said another 45mins. She also said I could happily take paracetamol and that the other person shouldn't have told me that.

I'm obviously cynical about the ambulance actually coming at all, but with a 7 year old and 3 year old in the house, and no-one nearby to look after them, I was a bit stuck.

After another hour my wife called to ask expected TOA. Ambulance still hadn't even been allocated. By this time the endorphines have well and truly f*cked off, and the pleasing numbness has been replaced with throbbing agony. Every time I shifted even fractionally I could feel the top and bottom halves of the bone grinding against each other.

Eventually I call a mate who drives over from a few towns away and we manage to use a first aid kid to haphazardly strap the arm up, and drive to A&E. Strapping it up and getting me off the garden path and in and out his car was no picnic.

I love the NHS. Once I got to the hospital they were great. Straight in to X-Ray, straight through to get a brace on. send packing and need to go in on  Tuesday to see if I need pins or whatever.
My gripe is the bullshit false hope given with the ambulance time. I know they're busy and they know they're busy. If it's going to be 3 or 4 hours then tell me that; don't wind me up with some ridiculous fantasy about 20 minutes. I reckon if I'd left for hospital when in shock or riding high on natural painkillers I could have managed with a fraction of the pain. 

Also I'm a bit annoyed that the next few months are a write-off, obvs.

Broke my arm yesterday. It might qualify as PTTGOYN due to the stupid way I did it. Was having a water fight with the kids, and slipped on the back step, decked it and snapped the humorous on the edge of the next step, halfway between the shoulder and elbow, like a twig. 
The real PTTGOYN is the folk running the 999 service. This all happened in the afternoon, maybe 4 o'clock, and they said 20 mins for an ambulance, which obviously I immediately knew was bullshit, but I wasn't in a position to argue. They also told my wife not to give me any painkillers. An hour later some duty doctor called to say an ambulance hadn't yet been allocated. I wasn't too bad at this point, as I'd flopped the arm into my chest and was running high on endorphines. I said fair dos, but asked what the worst case scenario for the wait was, and she said another 45mins. She also said I could happily take paracetamol and that the other person shouldn't have told me that.
I'm obviously cynical about the ambulance actually coming at all, but with a 7 year old and 3 year old in the house, and no-one nearby to look after them, I was a bit stuck.
After another hour my wife called to ask expected TOA. Ambulance still hadn't even been allocated. By this time the endorphines have well and truly f*cked off, and the pleasing numbness has been replaced with throbbing agony. Every time I shifted even fractionally I could feel the top and bottom halves of the bone grinding against each other.
Eventually I call a mate who drives over from a few towns away and we manage to use a first aid kid to haphazardly strap the arm up, and drive to A&E. Strapping it up and getting me off the garden path and in and out his car was no picnic.
I love the NHS. Once I got to the hospital they were great. Straight in to X-Ray, straight through to get a brace on. send packing and need to go in on  Tuesday to see if I need pins or whatever.
My gripe is the bullshit false hope given with the ambulance time. I know they're busy and they know they're busy. If it's going to be 3 or 4 hours then tell me that; don't wind me up with some ridiculous fantasy about 20 minutes. I reckon if I'd left for hospital when in shock or riding high on natural painkillers I could have managed with a fraction of the pain. 

Tbf it may well have been 20 minutes when they said it. But something else could have come up between your call and that time. With respect, I expect your injury was a low category ambulance job. If there had been a heart attack/head injury/unconsciousness etc. in that time you'd have undoubtedly been knocked down the pecking order.

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

Why you calling an ambo for a arm break,? Sorry maybe I'm too hard of too soft in the brain. I brock a few thinks while in Scotland, I'm not calling an ambulance, I'm getting someone to take me.

Breaking your arm, as you know now is not ans emergency (maybe children, but not a grown man) shot in the head maybe (not yer wife on Mondays). FFs  

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

Did you like there all that time?

54 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Broken arm I'd be getting someone to take me to hospital or getting a taxi, f**k phoning an ambulance for that.

Lower arm aye.  Upper arm naw.  Tried to get a lift when I broke mine years ago.  As soon as the car started moving I was howling.  Ambulance with the laughing gas for me thanks.

3 hours ago, milton75 said:

Friends mum had a fall in her care home and suspected broken hip. Nine hours she was on the floor waiting on ambulance.

If it was lower arm I'd have got a lift, upper arm is a tad sorer I now know. But in any case, I have learned my lesson.

Saw the X-Ray. Got all floating bits in there, which explains it being nippy. They've given me co-codamol, which I take as an insult. We used to party. I don't want drugs for lightweights. Give me something I can use for a spot of time-travelling.

Niklas Pivic в Twitter: „Ralph Brown, who played Danny in "Withnail and I",  was in "Wayne's World 2". Too weird. https://t.co/doBKrXwx9v  http://t.co/1sVuyFh6jI“ / Twitter