Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Another PTTGOMN is that there are no independent bike shops in Aberdeen (Edinburgh Bicycles is a national chain). It's Halfords or Alpine bikes. Alpine is the wrong end of the city and Halfords is shite.
Ah, didn't realise you were in Aberdeen. It doesn't strike me as a particularly bike friendly city.

38 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You could always, you know, lie.

Use AB35 5TB for example.. 

Ach I tend to just dismiss it and just insist on paying normally without going through that bollocks. They ask for your postcode so that they can find you on their system. It apparently makes it easier for refunds, but if I keep the receipt then going through the rigmarole of their finding my details in their system is redundant. The tinfoil hat part of me thinks that it's so they can sell data to third parties or something. It's just an unnecessary impediment to making a quick purchase. 

10 minutes ago, velo army said:

Ach I tend to just dismiss it and just insist on paying normally without going through that bollocks. They ask for your postcode so that they can find you on their system. It apparently makes it easier for refunds, but if I keep the receipt then going through the rigmarole of their finding my details in their system is redundant. The tinfoil hat part of me thinks that it's so they can sell data to third parties or something. It's just an unnecessary impediment to making a quick purchase. 

It's probably both reasons, and they can batter you with ads if you give them your email address. I've never been denied a purchase by refusing anything more than the payment, I think it pisses the shop assistants off more than the customer having to ask it tbh. No I don't want a fucking loyalty card, just hand over the Twix..

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'd honestly walk out and go somewhere else, there have to be other alternatives in Edinburgh.

I walked out of Curry's one day when I was trying to pay cash for a pair of £15 headphones. The girl at the till insisted that I had to give name and address, and that she couldn't process the sale without the information. So i left the headphones on the counter and went to Argos and bought a more expensive pair instead.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's probably both reasons, and they can batter you with ads if you give them your email address. I've never been denied a purchase by refusing anything more than the payment, I think it pisses the shop assistants off more than the customer having to ask it tbh. No I don't want a fucking loyalty card, just hand over the Twix..

Aye this is where it strays into the realm of pettiness for me. I do refuse and am able to pay normally, so I could just stand my sacred ground and get less pissed off by it, but I just want to pick up the thing, pay and leave without giving more of myself unnecessarily. It feels invasive.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Players clapping fans. In general it's a load of bollocks aimed solely at the thickest of each fan base, and I don't care if players don't do it, but since it's now an expectation (and has been for a while) I want to see some players do something different, like some sort of wrestling style pose or at least something better than the standard clapping in front of their chest. 

Are you for or again this semi inducing act?

Screenshot_20221016-083808.jpg

Got steaming yesterday, for most folk that's a reason to be cheerful, but I'm a recovering alcoholic and went 2 and half years sober,
Was ment to be going up to Montrose yesterday but plans changed last minute so smart arse me thought seen as I'm in town ill have a pint, I can have just 1, how wrong was I, can vaguely mind getting home last night
Never mind eh, what time do pubs open on a Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Got steaming yesterday, for most folk that's a reason to be cheerful, but I'm a recovering alcoholic and went 2 and half years sober,
Was ment to be going up to Montrose yesterday but plans changed last minute so smart arse me thought seen as I'm in town ill have a pint, I can have just 1, how wrong was I, can vaguely mind getting home last night
Never mind eh, what time do pubs open on a Sunday.

You're allowed a lapse mate, it sounds like you have been doing fantastically well.

Don't be too hard on yourself, regroup, talk to people who can support you and restart your sobriety.

You're allowed a lapse mate, it sounds like you have been doing fantastically well.
Don't be too hard on yourself, regroup, talk to people who can support you and restart your sobriety.
Thanks mate, just more gutted I went into pub, I wasn't craving a drink or anything, just walked past pub and thought f**k it ill have one.
Day one of sobriety starts again today

9 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I walked out of Curry's one day when I was trying to pay cash for a pair of £15 headphones. The girl at the till insisted that I had to give name and address, and that she couldn't process the sale without the information.

You should have asked her for hers and told her you couldn't pay without that information either.