Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

When you've got a new crowd to tell a fun story to, but there's one person there who's heard it a few times before (ie the other half) that's inadvertently putting you off telling it.

Here's your big chance then!

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

When you've got a new crowd to tell a fun story to, but there's one person there who's heard it a few times before (ie the other half) that's inadvertently putting you off telling it.

I’ve heard that one before.

On 11/11/2023 at 22:06, richardsedmond said:

Leg cramps at night

I used to seriously bad cramps in the balls of my feet I started to drink fruit juice with tonic water  after my mate was recommended to do this by his GP , It works for me 

15 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Heard they are being removed in the next few days .............allegedly

"in the next few days" - why put all these down as a temporary measure? For a week? Lots of backtracking here. 

Retail park bosses claim new speed bumps are 'temporary' measure as Falkirk Council leader demands they have rethink

Edited by scottsdad

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

"in the next few days" - why put all these down as a temporary measure? For a week? Lots of backtracking here. 

Retail park bosses claim new speed bumps are 'temporary' measure as Falkirk Council leader demands they have rethink

Retail park mob at it..

costs money to get the job done, they were still installing them on Friday AM when we popped in..

Hysterical...

Think the complaints too much..

there was an other video of an Audi floating about somewhere on social media....

dunno if true, parking meters and some 4 hr parking restriction was also planned

I'm ill, and I've got a new neighbour who has been playing garbage music all morning. No idea what it is, but I imagine it's the kind of thing Yer Maw would hear on Britain's Got The X Factor and add the CD to their weekly Tesco delivery.

In case this becomes a regular thing, does anyone know if P&B is blocked from within Glenochil?

Edit: good God, I just recognised one - it's that Ed Sheeran song where he's a vampire. I can't believe anyone actually listens to that.

Edited by BFTD

10 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

Retail park mob at it..

costs money to get the job done, they were still installing them on Friday AM when we popped in..

Hysterical...

Think the complaints too much..

there was an other video of an Audi floating about somewhere on social media....

dunno if true, parking meters and some 4 hr parking restriction was also planned

The 4 hour thing is for sure - we got an email form Cineworld about it. You have to validate parking if you're at the cinema for longer than 4 hours now.

image.png.cd4885f67ed5b8f4d94e867f03505278.png

On 11/11/2023 at 22:06, richardsedmond said:

Leg cramps at night

I've got a job that requires drinking litres of water during a shift, and I noticed I was getting terrible leg cramps afterwards, so figured I had a salt deficiency again as it was being rinsed right out of me. Half a teaspoonful in water before I went to bed knocked that on the head.

As already mentioned, magnesium deficiency is another common cause, so scarf down a banana maybe an hour or two before you retire for the night if the salt thing doesn't work. Not a bad idea anyway TBH.

Re: the Falkirk Retail Park - is that still a popular hangout for the boy racers to pull doughnuts in once everything's closed for the night? The place used to be mobbed with them after the last showings at Cineworld, although admittedly this is twenty years ago.