Golfers Thread

Gaz

Bought the t9+s today after testing them on their simulator. Felt good and can't wait to get them on the course.

Let me know how you get on with them. I personally took a few weeks to get used to the grips but now the grips on my woods feel weird.

With reagrds to woods I recently got the Adams Speedline 3 wood for £70 quid and I am hoping that it works well but haven't had a chance with the weather.

Bought the t9+s today after testing them on their simulator. Felt good and can't wait to get them on the course.

Let me know how you get on with them. I personally took a few weeks to get used to the grips but now the grips on my woods feel weird.

With reagrds to woods I recently got the Adams Speedline 3 wood for £70 quid and I am hoping that it works well but haven't had a chance with the weather.

I'm half tempted to get a square driver, does anyone have one?

Sorry to be a bit boring, but this is the best bit of advice on this topic.

To all the people talking of buying new equipment;

Spend half the money on lessons, and buy half the equipment you were going to.

I had the Nike MachSpeed square headed driver, and hated it. Couldn't get to grips with it at all. Back to the old Ping G5 now.

I've got the Nike STR8 Fit Machspeed and love it but a lot of people hate the noise that it makes, it does remind me of someone kicking an old dustbin instiead of that lovely ting when you hit a normal shaped head clean.

I've got the Nike STR8 Fit Machspeed and love it but a lot of people hate the noise that it makes, it does remind me of someone kicking an old dustbin instiead of that lovely ting when you hit a normal shaped head clean.

I was going to say that the noise doesn't help, it's like hitting an empty tin can, but it was more to do with my hitting of the ball than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have any experience of either of the Fairmont courses at St.Andrews?? Got the chance of a late booking sometime this week which would only be £40 for a four-ball and just wondering if anyone on here has played either of them/would recommend one over the other. Been playing a little bit recently, played Panmure on Friday afternoon and it was a cracking wee round of golf, some fantastic holes and great condition for this time of year. 88 wasn't too bad going either. Anyone else been out much recently?

Are these The Torrance and The Kittocks course's. If so ive played the Kittocks last week. Good course and in great condition for this time of year. A few GUR's here and there though. Mainly at bunkers dotted around the place. Defo worth a round at that price. Few tough holes on it aswell. All in all well worth it and Links golf is the best chance to get a decent game just now.

anyone have any experience of either of the Fairmont courses at St.Andrews?? Got the chance of a late booking sometime this week which would only be £40 for a four-ball and just wondering if anyone on here has played either of them/would recommend one over the other. Been playing a little bit recently, played Panmure on Friday afternoon and it was a cracking wee round of golf, some fantastic holes and great condition for this time of year. 88 wasn't too bad going either. Anyone else been out much recently?

Im a member at monifieth Golf links next door to Panmure,it's a hidden gem,fantastic course. The sixth "hogans hole" is one of the best holes I've ever played!

I'm a member at Monifieth as well mate. Just looking around with a few mates for some courses to play in the coming weeks. Hogans hole is fantastic, lucky i was playing with a couple of guys who are members so they knew how to approach it. Can't believe more people don't talk about Panmure, to be honest. Thanks for the input on the courses at St.Andrews, Stevie. Think we're giving the Torrance a shot, can't really complain at £10 a head really. Been some cracking weather for Winter golf recently.

Are you sure its £10 a round at the Torrance mate. Id just double check. My Dad booked it for us and he mentioned something like they were advertised as £40 a Tee-Time but at Kittock's it was £40 whether it was a four ball or one ball. Torrance was £40 a person.

I'm a member at Monifieth as well mate. Just looking around with a few mates for some courses to play in the coming weeks. Hogans hole is fantastic, lucky i was playing with a couple of guys who are members so they knew how to approach it. Can't believe more people don't talk about Panmure, to be honest. Thanks for the input on the courses at St.Andrews, Stevie. Think we're giving the Torrance a shot, can't really complain at £10 a head really. Been some cracking weather for Winter golf recently.

What club do you play out of?

Yeah I played Panmure last summer for the first time. Loved it.

On the 6th I teed off with a 4th iron which landed to the right of the fairway bunker and that left a 3 iron to the green and two putts for par :-).

Was playing straight into the wind that day too.

I play Tuesday mornings with a society, we go all over the local courses.

Some cracking deals in you get get more than 10 playing.

Regarding the Torrance and the kittocks we manage to get off weekday mornings for £20.Bargain, both are excellent courses with fantastic greens.

Strathmore,Rosemount,Crail,Drumoig are all good courses and are among the courses we frequent.

We're so lucky to be situated where we are...spoilt for choice!

What club do you play out of?

Yeah I played Panmure last summer for the first time. Loved it.

On the 6th I teed off with a 4th iron which landed to the right of the fairway bunker and that left a 3 iron to the green and two putts for par :-).

Was playing straight into the wind that day too.

I play Tuesday mornings with a society, we go all over the local courses.

Some cracking deals in you get get more than 10 playing.

Regarding the Torrance and the kittocks we manage to get off weekday mornings for £20.Bargain, both are excellent courses with fantastic greens.

Strathmore,Rosemount,Crail,Drumoig are all good courses and are among the courses we frequent.

We're so lucky to be situated where we are...spoilt for choice!

Playing out of Grange as my girlfriends Dad was a social member so it was easy for me to get a reference. Joined in August and it's been a complete bargain of a membership, being able to sign friends on for £10-15 is great too.Everywhere I'm reading about the two courses in St.Andrews are full of compliments. Think we're looking at Thursday morning.

Played Strathmore in the summer and enjoyed it too, nice wee course. As you say, so many nice courses around here, if your playing with a group its fantastic. All the boys I play with are members of different clubs, last course out of the group that i've got to play is Ballumbie.