Golfers Thread

Gaz

Nae bad weekend lined up. Down to Carnoustie for the Dunhill tomorrow morning then up to Arbroath for fitba. My season never really got going due to the weather and work.Played more in the last fortnight than i've played all season.Member at Montrose so hopefully get a mild winter and keep game going through winter.

Nae bad weekend lined up. Down to Carnoustie for the Dunhill tomorrow morning then up to Arbroath for fitba. My season never really got going due to the weather and work.Played more in the last fortnight than i've played all season.Member at Montrose so hopefully get a mild winter and keep game going through winter.

Montrose is one of my favourite courses. Haven`t played there for far too long.

Montrose is one of my favourite courses. Haven`t played there for far too long.

If your up to Brechin for the football throw a half set of clubs in your car and nip through to Montrose before hand , it's only ten minutes away and have yourself a cheeky round.

Carnoustie on Saturday was good. Great weather . The big names were at St Andrews so Carnoustie wasn't so crowded.Followed Henrik Stenson for a bit.You cant help but notice the difference between the pro and amateur golfer in terms of their line of approach shot etc etc ,really inspiring because they make it look so easy.

Still to play final of our club foursomes comp, due to play a week on Monday.

Mind n let us know how you get on DD. All the best. Remember to keep it simple, one shot at a time and all that. Treat every putt, no matter the length, with the same concentration and roll them home :D .

Lost on the 21st. Bugger. :(

Really close match and decent standard.

We (my partner) missed a short putt for the match on 18th and our opponents missed a similar one on the first extra hole.

Always next year. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I took my best man to Gleneagles and played the PGA last week as a thankyou for everything he did at the wedding. They're doing a good offer at the moment where you can get a 4 ball for £201.40.

I played ok the front 9 but had an absolute holocaust on the way in, although I did get a birdie on the 17th, which was nice. As I'm a gentleman, I won't reveal my score :ph34r:

I was bored last week so spent an hour writing a plan for how to get around my course - what holes to take a driver on, what holes to play it safe on with a 6-iron and so on.

I've also recently started using a set of steel-shafted clubs and I'm hitting the ball further and further. I'm up to about 180 yards with my 6-iron. Scores are coming down, had a 97 last week.

Our course is getting changed quite a lot to help with the drainage. A new burn getting put across the 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th and 15th, with new ponds at the 9th and 17th. Looking forward to the changes.