Golfers Thread

Gaz

My thinking is go to American Golf and get a set for less than £300. Might even see if they have a good second hand set. Any advice or recommendations?

1. Have a look at their website and do your homework on irons you can afford.

2. Visit an American Golf store with a range attached you so can hit the clubs

3. Leave the store and go away and shop around for your favoured clubs. Go back to American Golf where they will price match you.

1. Have a look at their website and do your homework on irons you can afford.

2. Visit an American Golf store with a range attached you so can hit the clubs

3. Leave the store and go away and shop around for your favoured clubs. Go back to American Golf where they will price match you.

Cheers.

Not so far. Just starting to think about it. I'll probably go for a ddecent brand (Taylor Made maybe) if I can get a set in my price range.

I recently bought a set of mizuno jpx-800 second hand from American golf for 289 and they are brilliant. Like others have said go to one with a driving range and see what suits you then have a look online

Right, I'm getting a new set of clubs for my birthday. I like the look of the John Letter T9+ Hybrid iron set, any reviews? And what do folk recommend in terms of woods and a putter?

I bought these last year and managed to win a couple of competitions and get my handicap down from 20 to 17. Probably would have gotten lower if the course wasn't flooded every other weekend.

The clubs are super easy to hit especially the hybrids. I got them off Direct Golf at Edinburgh and tried a few others like the Adams Redline. Hit both the Adams and T9+ about the same but the cheaper John Letters won the day.

Right, I'm getting a new set of clubs for my birthday. I like the look of the John Letter T9+ Hybrid iron set, any reviews? And what do folk recommend in terms of woods and a putter?

I bought these last year and managed to win a couple of competitions and get my handicap down from 20 to 17. Probably would have gotten lower if the course wasn't flooded every other weekend.

The clubs are super easy to hit especially the hybrids. I got them off Direct Golf at Edinburgh and tried a few others like the Adams Redline. Hit both the Adams and T9+ about the same but the cheaper John Letters won the day.

Excellent. I'm going to direct golf in dundee tomorrow to get irons, so I'm hoping they have them in stock. Anyone any recommendations for reasonably priced woods?