The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, tigger said:

Have heard that Dave John Sim is willing to bankroll full time football for next season but only next season. If we don’t go up it will then be part time football. Whether Barry Smith is in charge I really hope not.

It's a pity he didn't dig deep when Smith wanted a midfielder at the transfer window.

Smith is a very, very poor manager. I suppose an optimist could say we were comfortably ahead of third this season and it’s exceptionally unlikely another team will get as many points as Ayr next season.

But this season has essentially been dreadful. If we don’t have a clause in Smith’s contract about promotion, why not?

Great job from outgoing chairman Alan Young. Locke, Hughes, Smith. Not sure there’s a brain cell between them.

Smith is a very, very poor manager. I suppose an optimist could say we were comfortably ahead of third this season and it’s exceptionally unlikely another team will get as many points as Ayr next season.

But this season has essentially been dreadful. If we don’t have a clause in Smith’s contract about promotion, why not?

Great job from outgoing chairman Alan Young. Locke, Hughes, Smith. Not sure there’s a brain cell between them.

It’s always amazed me that in football management you get paid off for doing a crap job. Surely there should be set targets put into contracts that have to be met.

My understanding is that he wanted an experienced player but was forced into the loan.

Did you not have an agreement with Gadzhalov in place as well before your board pulled the funding at the very last second?

If the club are going to get rid of Smith they should do it as quickly as possible.

Agreed but without a chairman who makes the call? Who hires the new manager?

Sim who won’t even be in the country? Tom fucking Morgan?

It’s a mess and sadly I can’t see anything but Smith staying here for next season.

I can't see him going in all reality. Last night I would have said that he'd most certainly be away (may even have said it), but 1, I don't think we can afford to sack him. 2, I don't think it would be a good idea to sack him and 3, who would sack him if we don't have a chairman?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did you not have an agreement with Gadzhalov in place as well before your board pulled the funding at the very last second?

Quite possibly, however there were medical bills to be paid so I suspect that was the reasoning.

1 minute ago, SuperHans said:

I can't see him going in all reality. Last night I would have said that he'd most certainly be away (may even have said it), but 1, I don't think we can afford to sack him. 2, I don't think it would be a good idea to sack him and 3, who would sack him if we don't have a chairman?

After watching the garbage over the last 3 games, who is going to want to buy a season ticket? Not me, thats for sure.

If we announced Ray McKinnon as manager it would be enough to persuade a good few folk to buy a ticket imo.