The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Who was the snake oil salesman that turned up at San Starko demanding an interview, only to be thrown out the door by Turnbull?

During the Anelka reign? Was that not Graham Roberts, ex of Spurs and Rangers? Something rings a bell that Roberts turned up with Anelka to speak to Turnbull about the managers job, but he refused to speak to him.

Could be a masterstroke by the board. 

Shite manager but can’t afford to pay him off.  Make his life so uncomfortable he walks early in the season, this saving us compensation. 

Bring in a better manager (let’s face it, not that hard to improve on Smith) with the cash saved. 

Just a theory. I doubt our board are that smart to have planned it to be honest 

7 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Shite manager but can’t afford to pay him off.  Make his life so uncomfortable he walks early in the season, this saving us compensation. 

Bring in a better manager (let’s face it, not that hard to improve on Smith) with the cash saved. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I'd take Easton over Ellis if we're going down that route.

Part of me thinks the club have engineered this and have been waiting all summer for him to go or to have a horrific start to the league. 

I was thinking the same about this having been engineered by the board. Might just be me being cynical though. 

I was thinking the same about this having been engineered by the board. Might just be me being cynical though. 

Absolute tosh. Up there with “the board don’t want promotion” type conspiracies.

[emoji122][emoji122] fucking brilliant! He's only gone and sussed it! A complete "masterstroke"!! The BoD deliberately wanted to give him limited resources which would put the us at a disadvantage from the start of the season. I actually saw Bill Clarke kick the seat in front of him in rage when Nisbet scorer the last 2 goals against Airdrie. They were so desperate to get rid of him...

This tops the lot!

Why on earth would the BoD put themselves and the club under so much pressure? And with all this cash we've somehow saved from not allowing Smith to buy in the players we so desperately needed we can now poach Pep Guardiola.

You're right though, maybe the BoD didn't do that because they're not tripping on fucking acid and you really are the only person smart enough to have come up with this theory...