The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Quick look suggests the narrowest point of that area is in the 300-320ft range (340 if you move further down), depending on the rail right of way. At SP, the minimum width is in the 240ft range at the Pratt Street fence in the NE corner. It would have to be a primarily two end stand configuration with some terracing on one or both sides. It’s far from ideal, but it’s does seem to allow about a 4-5k max facility…with some parking for community use of a hub/office/facilities building located behind one end…but, that’s a pipe dream without a significant inflow of cash from somewhere.

oh-jesus-christ-stu-berks.gif

The big question for Sim is how we’ve gone from a £500k payment and claims of relative financial stability to the brink in the space of two years?

Is it his piss poor financial mismanagement, the impact of the catastrophic signing of Goodwillie or some random other external factor that’s unique to Raith Rovers. (P.S. Lots of clubs are operating in an economic downturn with ageing stadium)

Edited by roverthemoon

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Quick look suggests the narrowest point of that area is in the 300-320ft range (340 if you move further down), depending on the rail right of way. At SP, the minimum width is in the 240ft range at the Pratt Street fence in the NE corner. It would have to be a primarily two end stand configuration with some terracing on one or both sides. It’s far from ideal, but it’s does seem to allow about a 4-5k max facility…with some parking for community use of a hub/office/facilities building located behind one end…but, that’s a pipe dream without a significant inflow of cash from somewhere.

There isn't enough room there and it wouldn't ever get planning permission even if there was. 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

There are still plenty people who complain about our finances yet won't contribute. People can do ehat they want with their money but don't take the piss.

The club hasn't sat with a 150k (average) shortfall for at least a decade due to anything to do with David Goodwillie ffs. 

The thing that annoys me most about that MacDonald interview is his declaration that one good cup draw could make all the difference. Guess what Steve, we had two of them last year and what we did with that money is almost certainly the main reason why we are where we are. 

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Assuming you have insight into the offset requirements and such, very well.

I used to think it would be a good place for a stadium when I was younger and passed it regularly. It doesn't really have enough space though. There wouldn't be room for car parking or anything and would again leave us right next to the train tracks so no room for future development if it was ever needed. The land has sat unused for years as well mainly due to location I'm guessing. There aren't many vibrant businesses at that end of the town, and few pubs big enough to accommodate fans either. 

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I used to think it would be a good place for a stadium when I was younger and passed it regularly. It doesn't really have enough space though. There wouldn't be room for car parking or anything and would again leave us right next to the train tracks so no room for future development if it was ever needed. The land has sat unused for years as well mainly due to location I'm guessing. There aren't many vibrant businesses at that end of the town, and few pubs big enough to accommodate fans either. 

The road network in and out of there isn't very good either, nor are parking places, fine and handy for Valentes though😉

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

If you measure up the property, it seems roughly twice the length and slightly wider than the land SP sits on…but regulations have changed.

Imagine your pre match local being Bogart's or the Feuars Arms. Awful choices at best. 

Though I think at that site, clearance on either side, closest to road or railway line wouldn't be enough for the structures needed. Not a whole lot of transport either as there is now 1 bus I think they passes there per hour. 

Just now, TxRover said:

If you measure up the property, it seems roughly twice the length and slightly wider than the land SP sits on…but regulations have changed.

All well and good Tx but theres nae money and someones no gonna buy starks and the club for £3 million  and then spend another £5 mill on a new stadium 

Building a stadium there just wouldn't work regardless. That area of the town isn't easily accessible via train, bus etc for travelling fans, nor is it particularly attractive for home fans with the surrounding amenities. 

It's all pie in the sky stuff regardless, unless one of the supposed interested parties are ridiculously wealthy and fancy losing millions. 🤞

Building a stadium there just wouldn't work regardless. That area of the town isn't easily accessible via train, bus etc for travelling fans, nor is it particularly attractive for home fans with the surrounding amenities. 

It's all pie in the sky stuff regardless, unless one of the supposed interested parties are ridiculously wealthy and fancy losing millions. 🤞

I'm sure I saw plans for that site for housing. Could be wrong.

51 minutes ago, grumswall said:

There isn't enough room there and it wouldn't ever get planning permission even if there was. 

The club hasn't sat with a 150k (average) shortfall for at least a decade due to anything to do with David Goodwillie ffs. 

Doesn't stop folk crying about having no money but refuse to turn up.

I can kind of see what Mcdonald is trying to do, probably trying to give some context to the reports from the weekend.

However, I'm not really sure what this has achieved.  According to the article:

- We are looking to move players on

- We are close to breaking even

- There is no threat of redundancies

- Everything is fine if we finish in top 4

- Please donate money to us

Also found it weird how he "believes" Sim was back in the country and at the game.  Is there that much of a disconnect between the Chairman and the Owner that they don't know if the other was at their clubs game at the weekend?

I don't doubt the intentions of those close to the club, at all.  However, every time an article comes up - more questions are asked than answered - which really is not great at all. 

I find this statement a hard one to follow -

"I think we certainly have some good players that teams would come in for in January. I believe that we have some very good assets here.

I'm really not sure who anyone would bother coming in for.  None of our contracted players warrant paying a transfer fee for, and those out of contract surely teams would just wait until Summer?  Mentioning selling "very good assets" is not a way to calm fans, nor is it a way to encourage people to buy half season tickets etc.  Don't get me wrong, there a few players I think in an ideal world we would be wanting to move on - but those players need willing suitors.  

These type of comments with little to no context do no good whatsoever.  

Edited by CALDERON

19 minutes ago, grumswall said:

So what are your suggestions then? Probably another one I won't turn up but expect money to just appear!

Why are some fans even talking about relocating to another stadium. The club has no money, Sim now appears to want out, the current board clearly don't want to invest or some don't have the funds. Any foreign investment is risky at best. They have no connection to the club and will only put money in if they think they will get something in return. Along the road at EEP their investors I've heard have no interest in providing funds for the 1st team but are happy to create a youth academy which they clearly want a return from. 

Investment from Hong Kong, Germany, Switzerland or any other countries is unlikely to happen, our best option is hoping an Alex Penman wants to come back and can bring some other investment with him. 

10 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I'm sure I saw plans for that site for housing. Could be wrong.

I recall seing it was lodged years ago but I think the company went out of business. No idea if it's happened again or if that actually happened in all honesty. 

7 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Doesn't stop folk crying about having no money but refuse to turn up.

Iv missed 3 home games this season due to illness of me or my daughter. 

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

So what are your suggestions then? Probably another one I won't turn up but expect money to just appear!

I bought a season ticket to support the club two days before our first league game due to assurances I was given by someone that will remain nameless that dgw wouldn't be paid off from money coming from supporters. Iv also been putting in to the players fund since it was official he was off the books. So hush child.