The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You are right but heard he's coming in as a coach to assist Murray. 

Even if he does he can still be a director of football as well as a coach easing the pressure off Murray and Colin about the summer and winter transfer windows 

The next train will be arriving at apathy Central. Some folk are never happy. Shut the f**k up and be pleased that local folk are getting involved.  Yeh, it may be 2 "parsy hoors" and the Kelty clippy (ask yer granny). At least these people know how to run a business.  Two words - Claude anelka.

From what I recall from previous IM interviews, the money from the Rangers game allowed the club to bring in Isma, money well spent then!

According to the Courier it will be Barjonas and Agyeman coming in, make of that what you will.

As for Andy Barrowman, John Barrowman might have been preferable, more money, more charisma and would have done our LGBTQ+ credentials a power of good, maybe got the womens team back too.

However this ends up, I just want it over with now. We can judge the new guys once they have had control for a few months, hear what plans they have, how they will be financed. As long as I still have a club to follow I've got to the stage where I would be happy to follow a part time Raith team in L2 than no Raith at all. I don't even care if they sell Starks and build us a new, modern stadium accessible to all

13 minutes ago, lgb61 said:

However this ends up, I just want it over with now. We can judge the new guys once they have had control for a few months, hear what plans they have, how they will be financed. As long as I still have a club to follow I've got to the stage where I would be happy to follow a part time Raith team in L2 than no Raith at all. I don't even care if they sell Starks and build us a new, modern stadium accessible to all

It's not easy to sell something you don't own.

1 hour ago, lgb61 said:

From what I recall from previous IM interviews, the money from the Rangers game allowed the club to bring in Isma, money well spent then!

According to the Courier it will be Barjonas and Agyeman coming in, make of that what you will.

As for Andy Barrowman, John Barrowman might have been preferable, more money, more charisma and would have done our LGBTQ+ credentials a power of good, maybe got the womens team back too.

We can judge the new guys once they have had control for a few months etc, they said, whilst in the same breath judging one of the new guys before they have had control for a few months etc.......

1 hour ago, lgb61 said:

John Barrowman might have been preferable, more money, more charisma and would have done our LGBTQ+ credentials a power of good, maybe got the womens team back too.

I realise you were being flippant, however, we could do without an attention seeker like him with previous for getting his knob out in public for cheap laughs.

11 hours ago, raith1974 said:

You are right but heard he's coming in as a coach to assist Murray. 

That'd be good buisness. While Potter hasn't had a successful managerial career he gets allot of praise from players, especially young ones about his coaching ability. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That'd be good buisness. While Potter hasn't had a successful managerial career he gets allot of praise from players, especially young ones about his coaching ability. 

He’s generally always been talked up for his coaching abilities. Just maybe not cut out to be the main man himself.

Someone else mentioned but I don’t see why he couldn’t take on a role both coaching & also having input in the recruitment process as a DoF type too.

If it can be justified & works to the benefit of the club, nothing should be off the table.

44 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

He’s generally always been talked up for his coaching abilities. Just maybe not cut out to be the main man himself.

Someone else mentioned but I don’t see why he couldn’t take on a role both coaching & also having input in the recruitment process as a DoF type too.

If it can be justified & works to the benefit of the club, nothing should be off the table.

Apparently a director of football will be appointed just not Potter.

Whoever comes in has a job to do.  As well as financing the team on the pitch, they should be looking to set up an academy and get a squad playing in the reserve leagues or whatever.  Reserve team is invaluable for keeping squad players fit and also bringing injured players back to fitness.  Of course development of young lads in a competitive environment before they make the break through and possible sell on for fees.
If we had a reserve squad this season, we would have had centre halfs to come in etc when the senior squad is depleted like it has been lately.  Yes it would be young lads coming in, but better that than guys playing ridiculously lout of position. 

If Sim is still here, owning the stadium he needs to get his finger oot and repair it before we lose the safety licenses.  Also get the railway side terraced!

2 hours ago, lgb61 said:

That can't be true as Isma was signed before we'd made it through the previous round. He scored in that game.

32 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

That can't be true as Isma was signed before we'd made it through the previous round. He scored in that game.

Think Murray said something like it was a risk signing him, and getting through to the next round effectively paid for him - or something similar.

Listening to the k107 discussion and the guys seem optimistic and it sounds like the consortium are saying all the right things. Like a few, i am sceptical and wonder what they intend on getting out of us. Given what Sim was saying about transfers etc, it sounds like there needs to be more structure to the club and if they bring that, it can only be a positive. 
I don’t know, we can only hope that the intentions are good, that sim has put his faith in the right people and it works well. Even if working well means we grow as a club steadily on and off the park. Yeah,  a few seasons in the premier would be great again but only if we were ready for it on and off the park. 

Its pretty poor form just using the work of others with a stock reference to source. FFP are among the worst for this. Can't even be ersed covering their local club with any interest.

Basically lifting information to get Allan Crowes mortgage paid. 

Puts me off buying a budgie as I don't want to give then the sale for the bottom of it's cage.  

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Listening to the k107 discussion and the guys seem optimistic and it sounds like the consortium are saying all the right things. Like a few, i am sceptical and wonder what they intend on getting out of us. Given what Sim was saying about transfers etc, it sounds like there needs to be more structure to the club and if they bring that, it can only be a positive. 
I don’t know, we can only hope that the intentions are good, that sim has put his faith in the right people and it works well. Even if working well means we grow as a club steadily on and off the park. Yeah,  a few seasons in the premier would be great again but only if we were ready for it on and off the park. 

Wonder if John Sim knew that the AGM would be broadcast on the radio a few days later 🤷‍♂️