The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

The full timers really aren’t making a case for getting bums on seats either, the crowd situation is the factor in all of this. The debacle with DG really hasn’t subsided, a lot of dyed in the wool fans haven’t set foot in Starks Park since. The fact we were a community club went right out of the window when that c**t turned up. We’re also losing money hand over fist. The truth is we simply can’t afford to operate as a full time club 

The number of people who haven’t returned post-Goodwillie will be double figures. I’d guess less than 50. It’s also surely time to move on. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The number of people who haven’t returned post-Goodwillie will be double figures. I’d guess less than 50. It’s also surely time to move on. 

We seriously need to move on, without a doubt

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Correct.

And the talk was that the Dean Park shirt sponsorship was more lucrative than the previous sponsorship deal.

7 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Correct.

And the talk was that the Dean Park shirt sponsorship was more lucrative than the previous sponsorship deal.

What’s the situation with Colin Smart regards the “take over” will he step aside?

Given we've spent most of the season dotting around 6th or 7th place in the league I think our crowds have been fine this season. We've been hit by the lack of many decent travelling supports but our home support has been decent enough. Certainly well up on our crowds for the second half of last season. 

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Correct.

Just as well given the huge loss we're going to post...

53 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Given we've spent most of the season dotting around 6th or 7th place in the league I think our crowds have been fine this season. We've been hit by the lack of many decent travelling supports but our home support has been decent enough. Certainly well up on our crowds for the second half of last season. 

Yeah, I was genuinely surprised at how busy the South Stand was last week tbh.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Just as well given the huge loss we're going to post...

And that huge loss includes the signing feck up which should've been met by the assholes who made the decision, McCartney's pay off, the expense of signing Fredericksen and the cost of  cancelling of his contract,   no fecking wonder we need to get people in who know what they're doing

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

And that huge loss includes the signing feck up which should've been met by the assholes who made the decision, McCartney's pay off, the expense of signing Fredericksen and the cost of  cancelling of his contract,   no fecking wonder we need to get people in who know what they're doing

Aye, we get it.

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Without those things, we still would've lost money. Good luck to the new guys getting our house in order. 

15 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Tbf to Murray he did come in a bit later than what a manager normally would because of Airdrie playoffs and holidays etc but when he was appointed he had to scramble about to get players as in and it was difficult look at what the pars and ex Peterhead boss said about the transfer market.

He had an additional handicap as, in his words on a recent radio interview, Kevin Thomson* was already offered the job.

Any delay in him refusing the post hampered the board and Murray at the start of the season.

*BBC Radio Scotland

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He had an additional handicap as, in his words on a recent radio interview, Kevin Thomson* was already offered the job.

Any delay in him refusing the post hampered the board and Murray at the start of the season.

*BBC Radio Scotland

Sorry, am I reading that right? We tried to give the job to Thomson before Murray? 

7 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Talking of letting MacDonald go can get in the sea. Unless we can’t afford him obviously. The defence has plagued us all season.

Let’s unpack this.

Unless we can’t afford him…that’s the question, isn’t it. You’d suspect MacDonald is one of our best earners, is it a good choice? Is it best to spend that money on the keeper when the defenders in front of him are a scratchbuilt, hot mess? Yes, he’ll save some of the leaks, but if there were less leaks, would a less expensive keeper work?

The defence has plagued us all season…and, inevitably, the keeper is integral to that defence. Everyone blames this player or that player for the defence failing here and there, but what an about the question on what MacDonald brings to the defence? There’s the talk about how vocal he is, how commanding…but we’ve leaked set piece goals like a rusty sieve. We blame Nolan, Lang, Dick, Millen, Ngwenya, etc…but no one says why didn’t MacDonald do this or that.

There needs to be a serious look at the cost of MacDonald versus his results, that’s what I’m saying. Perhaps we’re spending too much in one spot, perhaps not…but we’ll find out what IM thinks soon enough.

19 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Thomson would have been useless with our budget this season. 

He's a gibbering wetwipe of a man. Chased out the door by Kelty after whoring himself out to any club seeking a manager. 

21 minutes ago, Michael W said:

He's a gibbering wetwipe of a man. Chased out the door by Kelty after whoring himself out to any club seeking a manager. 

And for arguments sake if he did get our job and done well and someone else wanted him he would do it all over again… I’m kinda glad we got Murray as he’s the type of guy to stay if he believes somethings going in the right direction 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Let’s unpack this.

Unless we can’t afford him…that’s the question, isn’t it. You’d suspect MacDonald is one of our best earners, is it a good choice? Is it best to spend that money on the keeper when the defenders in front of him are a scratchbuilt, hot mess? Yes, he’ll save some of the leaks, but if there were less leaks, would a less expensive keeper work?

The defence has plagued us all season…and, inevitably, the keeper is integral to that defence. Everyone blames this player or that player for the defence failing here and there, but what an about the question on what MacDonald brings to the defence? There’s the talk about how vocal he is, how commanding…but we’ve leaked set piece goals like a rusty sieve. We blame Nolan, Lang, Dick, Millen, Ngwenya, etc…but no one says why didn’t MacDonald do this or that.

There needs to be a serious look at the cost of MacDonald versus his results, that’s what I’m saying. Perhaps we’re spending too much in one spot, perhaps not…but we’ll find out what IM thinks soon enough.

You said very similar about bene last year Tx and I definitely would have kept him, if a younger team you want an experienced keeper to help younger players and Macdonald seems a good egg as well as a good keeper. We didn’t get better than bene last season and think it will be hard to improve on Macdonald, only my opinion