The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, lgb61 said:

image.png.3d0d14d46e8ad0c9db3081180f19a31e.png

I'll stick my head above the parapet! White shorts and white socks with the crest in the middle, sorry I'm not clever enough to do that

Looks like summing you’d see an American 10pin bowling team wear or summing the young team would wear in 1950s summer nights in America 

9 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Yellow away kit next season according to the rumours.

As for incoming Kelty players, I'd take Jameson or Martin before I'd take Barjonas (and I'm not. desperate to sign either !) That is not a position we desperately need someone in and certainly not someone who coming just because he's looked good in the league below last season, can't we sign someone who looked good in our league?

The classic Scotty "according to rumours" ie my mate who is ITK told me. I know this is a forum full of gossip but I hate reveal details leaking, genuinely love the bit where we see the kit for the first time. 

It's one of the few remaining aspects of being a supporter where I can still feel like a kid. 

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

White top with a narrow Blue band, with two narrow Gold bands above and below and then two narrow Red bands on the outside…if we could get away with it, that crest on the upper left chest…and then a thin black band at the neck and arms with RRFC in black just above those bands on the arms…that would be a winner

Can you be a bit more specific?

2 hours ago, lgb61 said:

image.png.3d0d14d46e8ad0c9db3081180f19a31e.png

I'll stick my head above the parapet! White shorts and white socks with the crest in the middle, sorry I'm not clever enough to do that

It's like if the guys designing the Crystal Palace kit had abandoned it half way through. 

11 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Yellow away kit next season according to the rumours.

As for incoming Kelty players, I'd take Jameson or Martin before I'd take Barjonas (and I'm not. desperate to sign either !) That is not a position we desperately need someone in and certainly not someone who coming just because he's looked good in the league below last season, can't we sign someone who looked good in our league?

Like the player who was our best player last season by a country mile?

8 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

In all honesty, I would really like as a nod to the twa hoop shirt, an away top like the old Honved strips with 'a reverse red hoop' to reflect an away shirt.

HONVED DE BUDAPEST contra Atlético de Bilbao 22/11/1956 | Equipo de ...

Stirling Albion had a similar kit in the 60s when Rovers had the two navy hoops.

Screenshot 2023-05-20 at 09-42-52 Stirling Albion - Historical Football Kits.png

45 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Like the player who was our best player last season by a country mile?

I certainly won’t make that mistake again, was watching Clyde v Annan last night and honestly tommy goss ( ex QoS 6ft 4 target man) was certainly no worse than big John  and probably would have cost us less and been more effective . Not saying we sign him but there are gems to be found.

I’d also like us to do something a bit different for the goalie top (and make these available for sale if the finances allow). Noticed during the Partick vs Ayr game last night that the Partick keeper had a fairly lurid Technicolor effort. Clearly not everyone’s cup of tea, but reminded me of the wild goalie tops we got in the 1990s rather than then single colour efforts we’ve had in recent years. 

Quite like a red away kit. Yellow can be hit and miss depending on the shade. Feel similar about the two hoops, doesn’t really mean anything to me as I never saw the team play in it, but always get mentioned in these debates so maybe it could be a classic. Presume that the new commercial guy will have a say as what will sell is probably going to be the main consideration.  Anyone know what the big sellers of the past have been? The Remember top feels like one that sold well, but no idea if that’s true or not. 

8 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Quite like a red away kit. Yellow can be hit and miss depending on the shade. Feel similar about the two hoops, doesn’t really mean anything to me as I never saw the team play in it, but always get mentioned in these debates so maybe it could be a classic. Presume that the new commercial guy will have a say as what will sell is probably going to be the main consideration.  Anyone know what the big sellers of the past have been? The Remember top feels like one that sold well, but no idea if that’s true or not. 

I don't know if it was just down to how the ordering was done, but given how many restocks were done this season, it feels like both the home and away tops were both good sellers

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

I certainly won’t make that mistake again, was watching Clyde v Annan last night and honestly tommy goss ( ex QoS 6ft 4 target man) was certainly no worse than big John  and probably would have cost us less and been more effective . Not saying we sign him but there are gems to be found.

I'd say Tommy Goss is a fair bit above big John's level. The helicopter would never have scored 20+ goals in the 2nd division. 

Agree that we should take a punt on Goss though.