The New Raith Rovers Thread

Was in hospitality yesterday, and have to say it was superb.

Did it a few years ago and it was good, but feel it's gone up a few levels.

Graeme Kilgour was superb as a host and gave the afternoon more of a focus than hospitality had before. You could easily be a neutral at 1pm and be right behind the Rovers by the time you took your seat for kick off.

Getting players and staff in is superb. It's a really easy and free thing for the club to do and enhances the experience.

Final shout out to Steve Tosh... some cracking quotes from him.

Think the length of time people stay after, spending money at the bar shows its a very enjoyable afternoon.

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

Re, Jimmy the Janny,

Yet history shows our highest league placing finish since the 1920's being under Jimmy the janny Thomson.

Jimmy and the Harv left for Millwall in late Feb having done most of the heavy lifting to be fair the wheels could easily have come off then and there, but they didn't. Jimmy T's team played 9 won 3 and lost 4 (Celtic & Killie away and Hearts & Rangers at home) in an almost identical WLD ratio to Jimmy Nichols. 

The majority of JT's signings didn't really pan out (eg Bonar and Paul Browne) but some weren't too bad (Peter Duffield) and others like Twaddle and Harvey did well in the Premier with Motherwell. His best singing though was Miodrag Krivokapić.

Paul Harvey is a figure of scorn with a lot of Raith fans but he clashed with Munro and was sidelined and shown the door. before he had a chance.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

It a shared gate? 

Yes after expenses, although I think the Pars get to keep all hospitality revenue.

Assuming a bumper cup gate of 8,000 at an average price of £16 a head, (£128k) Rovers should be good for around £70k (45%)

It and the Thistle v Spiders games are the tastiest ties of the round, what say the Beeb plunk for the West coast game?

7 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Yes after expenses, although I think the Pars get to keep all hospitality revenue.

Assuming a bumper cup gate of 8,000 at an average price of £16 a head, (£128k) Rovers should be good for around £70k (45%)

It and the Thistle v Spiders games are the tastiest ties of the round, what say the Beeb plunk for the West coast game?

We all know that the televised game will be the luvvies 

7 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Assuming a bumper cup gate of 8,000

I’d be surprised if it’s a big crowd to be honest. 
Having seen 3 derbies already this season, with another 2 to come, I think I’ll give this one a miss. 

Just me with a bit of Townie fatigue or anyone else feeling the same?