The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

So how come Liam Dick missed the Pars away game, after his red at Easter Road, and will serve his second game in our first league cup game of next season?

Dick’s red was in a “Specified Cup Competition” (Part C), which specifies one immediate and one in the competition…and that’s what I remembered…however, Murray’s red is in a “Competition” (Part A), so it’s two immediate.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1849/suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf

As for why it’s like that, I assume it’s to ensure a cup red has at least a one game result in the cup…IDK.

So if we had a league game next Saturday Millen would be available as it's not been 14 days from the date he accumulated his 6th yellow card? What happens if a player hits 6 yellows and there's one league game left, do they serve their suspension the following season? 

28 minutes ago, Raithie said:

So if we had a league game next Saturday Millen would be available as it's not been 14 days from the date he accumulated his 6th yellow card? What happens if a player hits 6 yellows and there's one league game left, do they serve their suspension the following season? 

Yes

On 11/11/2023 at 17:04, Broken Algorithms said:

R12ATH this evening:

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

Not at all. Really happy he scored the pen and we won, doesnt change my opinion though..  thoughts on their first goal ? Should he have tracked his runner into box ? Got a challenge in? Not stood like a statue at the rebound ? All forgiven for the pen though, took some balls to dink that for the win.

3 minutes ago, R12ATH said:

Not at all. Really happy he scored the pen and we won, doesnt change my opinion though..  thoughts on their first goal ? Should he have tracked his runner into box ? Got a challenge in? Not stood like a statue at the rebound ? All forgiven for the pen though, took some balls to dink that for the win.

Come on now, the rebound? Dabrowski made a great save but he directed the ball right back to Turner’s foot.  No way was anyone going to get in the way of that. Jesus Christ. 😂

1 minute ago, Wardy said:

Come on now, the rebound? Dabrowski made a great save but he directed the ball right back to Turner’s foot.  No way was anyone going to get in the way of that. Jesus Christ. 😂

Perhaps not.. Just meant he stopped and stood still, turner then ran onto ball.. wasnt straight back at him..he was just more alert and was under no pressure...

Anyway, all good..we won..

3 minutes ago, R12ATH said:

Perhaps not.. Just meant he stopped and stood still, turner then ran onto ball.. wasnt straight back at him..he was just more alert and was under no pressure...

Anyway, all good..we won..

Come on. In real time, how is Millen nipping in to get in front of Turner?

Fair enough as you say if he actually gets goal side of Turner for the cross coming in, then he probably prevents the goal. But not buying that he somehow could have got to the rebound. Nonsense. 😂

IMG_6541.png

8 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Come on. In real time, how is Millen nipping in to get in front of Turner?

Fair enough as you say if he actually gets goal side of Turner for the cross coming in, then he probably prevents the goal. But not buying that he somehow could have got to the rebound. Nonsense. 😂

IMG_6541.png

This. 

If Millen tracks the run and challenges/gets in front of Turner the goal doesn't happen.  

Kev has made a reflex save it could go anywhere on the rebound 

1 hour ago, R12ATH said:

Our first goal started from Millen's excellent composure in our box whilst surrounded to casually play it to a teammate in space centrally instead of lumping it up the line. 6 or 7 passes later the ball was at Lewis' feet in the QP box then in the net.

He was absolutely one of our best players on Saturday.

Just realised we have already won as many away league games as we managed in the whole of last season. Next 6 games look a really big test will be interesting to see where we are by the end of it. Keep expecting a bump in the road (and still do in the coming weeks) but the team and management deserve great credit for how they’ve navigated things so far.

Feel like the cup games have come at a good time to give us a chance of some bodies being back for the next league game, also hopefully use up at least one game of Murray‘s suspension. Would still be nice to win both but they’re clearly not priority.

Also, a lot is made of the new signings and the change in mentality in the side and the number of times we’ve said ‘we wouldn’t have won that last season’ which I completely agree with. But also worth nothing there were only 2 new signings amongst the 9 outfield players who turned things around on Saturday.

48 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Just realised we have already won as many away league games as we managed in the whole of last season.

Two points here: 1) I think some of our best performances (Kilmarnock, Ayr, Morton) have come away from home. 2) We’ve not appeared to have an issue playing well on grass, which I sometimes feel we have struggled on in past seasons.

Both really pleasing obviously. As Murray said early on we’re a different animal this season (injury record aside!(some things never seem to change)) I’ve also much preferred us when we’ve gone 4-1-3-2.

Next 3 league games are huge imo and look really difficult on paper - ICT unbeaten since big Dunc came in, Partick picking up points and Arbroath are one of those teams you never know how they'll perform. You'd have to imagine Dundee Utd will pick up maximum points against Morton and Ayr and I reckon we'll need 7 points minimum before going up to Tannadice on the 16th December. Would put us 3 points behind them going into that game. Even 5 points from next 3 games wouldn't be the end of the world assuming we done something mental and beat Utd on their own patch taking deficit down to 2 points. 

Interesting to see what team Murray decides to play on Friday.

Does Masson come in? I’d like to see Brown back in midfield but not sure if that’s an option with Murray out.

Can see Connolly taking a seat on the bench-he’s racked up minutes in the last few weeks.

Thought Hamilton and Gullan (a couple of drives forward down the left were brilliant) changed the game on Saturday. Can see one of them getting a start for Smith who has racked up the minutes this season.

Looking forward to it.

Edited by SerieA

8 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Saddened to hear about the passing of Gordon Wallace (Mk 2).

Saw him at the end of his time with the Rovers before he was transferred to Dundee Utd.

He left for Dundee United weeks before I started going to games.

I was at school with his son Dean and his wife Diane took the Tuesday night Cubs in Dunnikier.

Very sad news.

2 hours ago, SerieA said:

Interesting to see what team Murray decides to play on Friday.

Does Masson come in? I’d like to see Brown back in midfield but not sure if that’s an option with Murray out.

Can see Connolly taking a seat on the bench-he’s racked up minutes in the last few weeks.

Thought Hamilton and Gullan (a couple of drives forward down the left were brilliant) changed the game on Saturday. Can see one of them getting a start for Smith who has racked up the minutes this season.

Looking forward to it.

Who would you drop to put Brown back into midfield? If everyone is fit I don't think Brown makes it into our best 11 anymore. Seems mad saying that but I think Byrne is better and the times we've played Brown and Byrne together we've not been great.

Just can't see a lineup without Brown, he's the first name on the teamsheet every week for me.

There were 3 things last season that really bothered me.  The away form, the inability to grind out wins, and the lack of a proper striker.  So far so good in terms of addressing that.

As soon as we get the centre halves back in, the selection issues pretty much shift right up the pitch. Brown gets back into midfield with Byrne from the off, and it would be a very bold claim to say you know what you'd definitely take from our attacking options.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Corr and Watson get back to fitness. Our form has been absolutely miraculous given our injury issues.