The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think there is a time and place for smoke bombs or flames, but throwing them into the crowd isn't it.  At the last derby at Starks, one was thrown into the crowd and hit a young lassie in our row.  That's just shit, tbh.

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I think there is a time and place for smoke bombs or flames, but throwing them into the crowd isn't it.  At the last derby at Starks, one was thrown into the crowd and hit a young lassie in our row.  That's just shit, tbh.

Them being illegal in grounds does mean they tend to get thrown, if thats from the back you risk hitting your own fans. If it's from the front, they will go on the pitch.

As long as they are available cheaply online, and youngsters see it happening at big games I dont see it stopping any time soon.

There's currently a debate about pyro nationwide. Provision could be made for cold burning smoke bombs to be used under supervision in a designated area, with safe disposal buckets similar to Scandinavia. 

Chances of that, probably nil... More likely we'll get more stewards doing useless pat down searches and the odd buffoon getting hammered by the courts.

4 minutes ago, ShitRaith said:

Connor O’Riordan scoring again for Crewe today. 
What on earth was he doing here?

Learning his craft well, apparently. Surely that doesn't hurt our appeal as a place to loan a laddie if we have matching needs, eh?

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

The good thing is they might get the bounce after a manager leaving and stuff the Pars. 

The bad thing is we have them twice in December, so we don't want much of a bounce!

Watching the highlights from Friday (for the 4th time) and something worth mentioning is the reaction of Jamie Gullan to the goals. I am sure he would have been disappointed not to start the game after playing a key role in the turnaround at Hampden and then playing well against Accies. He would have been forgiven for just standing and applauding at the goals. 

However, when Vaughan’s goal goes in he is literally the first player jumping on him and in amongst the celebrations which is great to see. I know it’s easier when things are going as well as they are and keeping everyone happy when results dip will be much harder but I thought it really summed up the team spirit in the squad at the moment.

Also, thought Murray heading straight to Robbie Thomson to give him a hug and high 5 after Dabrowski’s penalty save was a nice touch.

20 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Saw this on Twitter/X earlier. The results of the wee morons throwing flares into their own fanbase. Could have been much worse but still. No consequences I bet either. Someone needs to find them and hammer them. 

Absolute brainless wee fud that threw that, throwing pyrotechnics at anytime is pretty stupid but to launch it from the back of a stand and not realise it could hit someone at the front is beyond stupidity.  Lucky all it did was burn her coat! Young lads are good at trying to create an atmosphere but this was sheer brainless behaviour.  

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

That's Dundee Utd had another cup shock to a seaside team. Will this continue into the league or were they half arsing it to concentrate on the league? 

We can only hope it's the former, hopefully we can return with 3 points in a few weeks time.

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

That's Dundee Utd had another cup shock to a seaside team. Will this continue into the league or were they half arsing it to concentrate on the league? 

image.png.27f61fc30ed3518908d7456b10a7090c.png

Not sure they were half arsing it as much as being piss-poor infront of goal going by the stats. Thats an awful shots on target to goal ratio. 

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

image.png.27f61fc30ed3518908d7456b10a7090c.png

Not sure they were half arsing it as much as being piss-poor infront of goal going by the stats. Thats an awful shots on target to goal ratio. 

35 shots and 18 on target for 2 goals, fucking incredible, hope their finishing is just as poor on Dec 16th