The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just watched the highlights, our entire season in one piece. I dont even recall Kevs save at the start. Ross Millen not buying into the thistle player trying to provoke a reaction great too. Keepers jersey clash was weird and the ref was wildly lenient. That penalty claim for Stanton!!

Should have been out of sight, should have been happy with a point. Never satisfied to go out without a bang. Magic, planning to watch it all again tomorrow, never really grasped we can do this on RTV

Like others a question if there is going to be a post match can't recall one being so late. 

Edit- Dont want to appear critical re interview, just look forward to them. Its a great package, extra angles are the difference in quality we are now used to. 

Edited by The Tiel Burn
ADDITION

2 hours ago, Always next quarter said:

Was just going to post that too, I want to hear the managers take and indeed anything available on that performance.

Ended up next to the "choir" last night and thought it would break me for 90 minutes. Left smiling at kids getting exactly what a great football team should be giving them. 

What a laugh it is watching Rovers. 

You’ll get a good one on bbc iPlayer. Murray got asked about the bench celebrating the goal and replied with ‘better not tell Dunfermline about that’

Edited by Jilted John

Had to laugh at Murray discovering a new issue with us having a decent size bench, trying to communicate who he wants to come back from warming up.  At 3-2 down Connolly, Smith, Brown and Matthews were all warming up.  Murray yells over as he wanted to make a sub, followed by about 30 seconds of them all trying to figure out which of them he wanted. 

saturday night live 90s GIF

From what I saw on the tele.

A wee word for the Young Team. 

Nah! A huge shout to them!

Thanks guys for taking the message on board.

No pyros. No pitch invasions.

Great to see and hear your encouragement and enthusiasm from up the back of the stand.

Well done.

Keep up the good work 👏👏👏👏👏

I cum in piece. Just wanted to say how envious I am about Raith right now. The football you get to watch is the stuff of dreams. Sorry to bring it up but, you had your ‘Goodwillie incident’ when sponsors were leaving in their droves long time posters on here were questioning their dedication to the club. I genuinely worried for the long term prospects of the club and from the outside looking in it looked like the beginning of a death spiral. What a turn around and I’m chuffed for the die hards. All that said, f**k ye’s on the 22nd. I hope you all have a shite Christmas. But recover enough to win the title.

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I cum in piece. Just wanted to say how envious I am about Raith right now. The football you get to watch is the stuff of dreams. Sorry to bring it up but, you had your ‘Goodwillie incident’ when sponsors were leaving in their droves long time posters on here were questioning their dedication to the club. I genuinely worried for the long term prospects of the club and from the outside looking in it looked like the beginning of a death spiral. What a turn around and I’m chuffed for the die hards. All that said, f**k ye’s on the 22nd. I hope you all have a shite Christmas. But recover enough to win the title.

wonechu-what.gif.b8cdbd650e6b0a451bbb259d1df2853a.gif

11 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I think on reflection in a strange sort of way this changed the direction of the club and ownership leading to where we are today. 

It's a real sliding doors moment. Had McGlynn just thought better of it he'd probably still be here. John Sim would still be the majority share holder and we wouldn't have seen anything like the progress we've had on and off tha park. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I think on reflection in a strange sort of way this changed the direction of the club and ownership leading to where we are today. 

It's a real sliding doors moment. Had McGlynn just thought better of it he'd probably still be here. John Sim would still be the majority share holder and we wouldn't have seen anything like the progress we've had on and off tha park. 

If nothing else, Sim had a bit of a "f**k this" moment and put the club up for sale. It's probably a fair comment that the fallout from that horrendous episode put the events in motion. Sim is still here, naturally, but he isn't in charge anymore. Hopefully he's happy with the current arrangement, although I see no reason why he wouldn't be. It seems to me that the new board has brought in exactly what he was looking for. 

It was around this time last year that we had Delios and Silverbear discussing the club over their big beefy flavour in some Glasgow restaurants. Thank f**k that scenario was averted. 

Sim deserves a fair bit of credit for alot of things he's done for the club over the years but seing through the whole delios, silverbear nonsense ranks pretty high up there Imo. He could have just cut and run but he's made sure the club is in what appears to be so far, good hands. 

When Murray came in, we were promised a team that would work harder than everyone else if nothing else and we're certainly being given that this year and so much more. A genuine joy to support the Rovers just now.

With an almost fully fit squad now, I still have no idea who I'd play in our strongest XI. Could make a strong argument for any of our midfielders or attackers to merit a place.

3 minutes ago, Ex Machina said:

When Murray came in, we were promised a team that would work harder than everyone else if nothing else and we're certainly being given that this year and so much more. A genuine joy to support the Rovers just now.

With an almost fully fit squad now, I still have no idea who I'd play in our strongest XI. Could make a strong argument for any of our midfielders or attackers to merit a place.

Our defence has been pretty easy to pick largely because it's been a case of, who's fit. As you say though, you really could make a case for anyone in the midfield/ up front and none of them have let us down this season. Even Ross and Mitchell played their part before moving out on loan. 

Looks like we've sold about 600 tickets for the United game so far.

Being honest I thought we'd have sold more than that with the free buses and us genuinely having the chance to go top of the league.

I suppose there is still a week to go, and we've had a lot of away games recently, and it's very close to Christmas etc.

Hopefully we can break the 1000 mark with another weeks worth of sales.

1 hour ago, Ex Machina said:

There is no need for a strongest XI these days and rightfully we don't have one. We have a capable squad that aren't weakened in most of the areas if someone is out. Football is no longer about just an 11. 

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Being honest I thought we'd have sold more than that with the free buses and us genuinely having the chance to go top of the league.

I suppose there is still a week to go, and we've had a lot of away games recently, and it's very close to Christmas etc.

Might be a bit of a bump if/when the buses go to general sale too.

3 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Think by the time comes we'll be closer to 2000, I've not bought my ticket yet but will do during the week, just hopeful I can find somewhere close to park without getting a ticket, that said if it isn't a Dundee council one then it get binned.