The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, AllanJM said:

Ok I'll take one for the team and bite at this.  Inside knowledge or just a random comment to get a chump like me to bite?  If inside knowledge, at least share the details.

Possibly someone at the wind ups in a group chat…hopefully 

2 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Excellent video from our media team as always.

The really hilarious part about these videos is I think of exactly where they are shot every time I see them. The magic that RaithTV does with their production, editing and quality is amazing given the limited facilities they have to do it with. The headroom in that seat would be excellent for Wee Lewis, but I’m sure when they interviewed the helicopter they had to have had him sitting on a crate on the floor because of the limited headroom in the pie stand.

I certainly hope that RaithTV will eventually get facilities of equal quality to their product once we get promoted!

39 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Not the same without reports of mysterious Spanish and French trialists.....

There weren't any.. right? 

I heard there was a dual citizen Spanish/French FB, Pepé Le Pew. Only problem is he prefers Black and White stripes.

3 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

I’m not convinced anyone picked up anything serious from the bounce game.

The sort of situation where if you feel the slightest twinge, you’re coming off regardless.

Hopefully you're right and everybody came out of it ok.

However history shows bounce games against Taysiders are always a bit of a lottery, Aaron Lennox had his jaw broken against Dundee Utd in a friendly

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Sad to see the lino fumes have caused permanent damage to some in Kirkcaldy.

I don't think the claim is as bold as you make out. See Kevin Nisbet... 

Vaughan certainly displayed more potential and talent at a young age than the aforementioned, just see Nisbets history pre Raith Rovers to prove that. 

Far from certain that he would have got a sniff at the scotland squad, but when you see some of the players that have in recent years ( Brophy, Burke, Shinnie, ect), it's certainly plausible that no injuries and the premiership move he would have got would have spurred national team discussion, given a good bit of form. 

If your nan had wheels and all that however... 

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Ian Black made it into the Scotland team.

Conversation closed.

Aye there's been plenty examples over the years of bang average players getting Scotland caps. Vaughan has the natural talent & has proved he has the determination & attitude to make the most of that talent. He'd have got at least one move upwards & caps would have came.

I've now seen the rumour of an injury repeated on twitter.  Possibly came from the same group chat of course as I don't know what usernames on here match up to names on twitter (well I know some but not all of course).

That post suggested that Watson was subbed off due to picking up an injury.  Wouldn't be a huge surprise given the last few months.  It was always going to be a gamble signing a player of his age with the history of injuries.  

It could just as easily be nonsense of course. 

43 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I've now seen the rumour of an injury repeated on twitter.  Possibly came from the same group chat of course as I don't know what usernames on here match up to names on twitter (well I know some but not all of course).

That post suggested that Watson was subbed off due to picking up an injury.  Wouldn't be a huge surprise given the last few months.  It was always going to be a gamble signing a player of his age with the history of injuries.  

It could just as easily be nonsense of course. 

I heard he is fine but who knows🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Is anyone reading anything into the good morning insta post from the club this morning? Looks a bit like what they did in the summer

A certain Mr Easton has liked the post 👀

Not sure if posted already, but Open Goal podcast release later today, the gaffer is on after getting Manager of the Month. Normally some decent viewings with some class stories!