The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, tazz1903 said:

Never knew that. That is madness 😲 3 x 14 Clubs would be a good format. Just can't understand why ? this was VOTED down 😕

I don’t think many fans would disagree with that, or at least a variation of more teams in fewer leagues. 

23 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Pondering the editing choices...no view of Callum Blyth and only the nose down for Christina...maybe try putting just Duncan's heid nose up above Christina's nose down shot for some fun...like some demented Mx. Potato Heid.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Pondering the editing choices...no view of Callum Blyth and only the nose down for Christina...maybe try putting just Duncan's heid nose up above Christina's nose down shot for some fun...like some demented Mx. Potato Heid.

Callum had an issue with his webcam so we just went with audio only. With the editing software we use, its browser based and can be a bit of a nuisance at times. Sometimes, there'll be bits when you'd expect things like the video to be fine as it's been consistent as it's worked before, but will then play up. 

Just the way it is unfortunately.

The Millen thing is an odd one as to why people are so interested in it. There’s been a disciplinary issue, he’s been asked to not return to the club.  Someone showed me a screenshot of someone on Facebook claiming that because we use “you belong” as a tagline, that means that we deserve to know what happened 😂

How would you feel if there was a disciplinary issue at your work and you got some sort of sanction placed against you, then everyone found out about it? You’d be rightly annoyed. The club still has a duty of care towards Ross Millen, regardless of what’s happened and I’m quite happy they’re keeping quiet, as any professional operation would. The clamour for the club to release a blow by blow account on what’s happened is both bizarre and never going to fucking happen. 

No good comes out of saying anything about Millen, for either the club or the player. For the club you just get all sorts of nonsense in the press (suggestions the manager's lost the dressing room and/or unwanted commentary from various parties having an opinion on matter). You'll also have some people coming along and defending him no matter what it was he actually did/say, which helps no-one. The player meanwhile might find his future employment prospects damaged through gaining a reputation as a troublemaker. 

I don't see how else it can realistically be handled. 

I honestly couldn't care less about what happened with Millen.  It's done now and has no bearing on our future.

The relevant questions for me are about the way forward for the club and what plans are in place for the stadium, the playing squad and youth development.

1 minute ago, AllanJM said:

I honestly couldn't care less about what happened with Millen.  It's done now and has no bearing on our future.

The relevant questions for me are about the way forward for the club and what plans are in place for the stadium, the playing squad and youth development.

I'd agree. I'd be interested in what the way forward will be for the community club if we have to lift the pitch and go back to what would very likely be a poorer surface. There is potentially more to be lost than gained by that change. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I know it's never going to happen but it's frustrating because it's weakened the team. Millen is miles better than Brown. 

Hot take here, I don't think it's made that much of a difference defensively. We've actually kept more clean sheets since Millen dropped out but that's as much to do with a change of tactics across the team.  In terms of getting forward we have lost his ability to put in a good cross but he was hardly freely attacking player.

Brown is a competent defender at this level similar to Liam Dick. 

Well we haven't just lost Millen's deliveries we've lost Connolly's threat cutting inside - no one overlapping means two opposing players up against him instead of one. 

To be honest I'm not complaining about that because if the personnel situation was untenable, that's that. But we have lost a serious threat down the right and not really replaced it with anything. Long balls.

Even with Millen in the team I don't think Connolly has been anywhere near as effective as he was last season. 

This might be down to us playing in a different way, his time out with injury or the revolving door at CB displacing Scott Brown in midfield for most of the season. 

27 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Even with Millen in the team I don't think Connolly has been anywhere near as effective as he was last season. 

This might be down to us playing in a different way, his time out with injury or the revolving door at CB displacing Scott Brown in midfield for most of the season. 

Aye, by and large the switch to the 4-1-3-2, away from the 4-2-3-1 is what has restricted Connolly's ability to get inside as often. Less space in the final third to cut inside and less freedom to drift up front with two strikers on the park and less defensive cover behind that he has responsibility for.

Edited by renton

Relevant questions for me are what preparation in terms of new players has been done for next season. Has anyone signed on a precontract obviously no names can be mentioned.

And stadium development main stand refurb with club shop etc when is it likely to start and is there a timescale for development of the railway stand.

The questions regarding the pitch concern me, the push for the Premier League and the having to lay a grass pitch will reduce how we strengthen. It’s a toughie that’s for sure. How much would it cost for a grass pitch?. Sim will have concerns also, because of the community aspect and the monies lost in his own revenue stream. Does the club in essence get any of that money, or does that go straight to Sim?

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

The questions regarding the pitch concern me, the push for the Premier League and the having to lay a grass pitch will reduce how we strengthen. It’s a toughie that’s for sure. How much would it cost for a grass pitch?. Sim will have concerns also, because of the community aspect and the monies lost in his own revenue stream. Does the club in essence get any of that money, or does that go straight to Sim?

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't need to have a grass pitch for next season if we went up.  We'd have time to put it in place.  

We'll probably need to make a call on it in about a year's time either way though.  If we were looking likely to be in the Premiership in 25/26 (either from already being there and looking like staying up, or because we were in the hunt for promotion) we would almost certainly need to be planning to lay a grass pitch.  This would also mean finding somewhere to train.

7 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Why no Ian Murray interview on Raith TV this week?

Dinae tell me he's in the huff because most are saying it was his team selection and tactics that lost us the game last week??

With it being Easter holidays, its possible that none of our volunteers are able to get down to the club to do the interview due to other commitments? It may also come out today.