The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, SerieA said:

Had heard a rumour about young forward from Stenhousemuir?

Plays as more of a 10 or out wide so I'd imagine that's out the window now Easton has re-signed.

25 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Plays as more of a 10 or out wide so I'd imagine that's out the window now Easton has re-signed.

Unless one of their under contract players leaves… 

27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We’re allowed to sign more than one player in the same position.

32 minutes ago, Enigma said:

We’re allowed to sign more than one player in the same position.

We have about 6 players who prefer to be behind the striker. What's one more. 

Surprised at that, felt it was a stick on he'd be away so very happy he's chosen to stay. I'd imagine that puts to be bed any possibility of Murray going to Hibs, think Murray has been a big reason in Easton a) rekindling his career and b) choosing to come here in the first place. I think any notion of Murray possibly moving on might have had some bearing on whether he chose to stay or not. Kinda similar to Stanton who said Murray signing an extension was the primary reason he chose to extend his deal. 

1 hour ago, mealsonwheels said:

So has work indeed started on starks Park?

I believe that there's been a bit of tidying up going on, using a hoover!😊

After Andy Barrowmans interview about youth development, I wonder if we'll offer a contract to the young lad that played a few times during preseason 

Great news about Easton but it's worrying that they've not announced a new contract for Ross Mathews yet. Would be very disappointed to see him leave. 

9 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Great news about Easton but it's worrying that they've not announced a new contract for Ross Mathews yet. Would be very disappointed to see him leave. 

I don’t have any ITK knowledge but I think we will see an announcement on Matthews today then the retain/release list will come out.

You’d imagine Matthews with his length of service..ability to also play RB to a competant standard (esp when we don’t have one on the books) and potential loss of Byrne it’ll be a no brainer to get him tied down.

Unless his testimonial golf day at the end of this month is him leaving.

One player I feel a bit sorry for in the squad is McGill. Thought with the small flashes of game time he’s had that he looks like a player. 

On 30/05/2024 at 23:09, Scottydog said:

Fire Bodge in amongst them!

If they're that keen on Fireworks lets see how they like it when a Rocket explodes in amongst them!

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh!

:D

14 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Might actually get more out of Easton now with a more attacking minded fullback to overlap him, instead of a 2/3 v 1 most of the time when he attacks down the left side 

Sorry Liam, but the amount of times I saw Dick pass the ball to Easton, then overlap him up the left wing to receive the pass back, only to watch Easton trying but failing to beat three opposition players, losing the ball, then Dick from a really good threatening position having to rush back to defence!  The amount of times I saw that this year was far too many, and far too often.

Easton can definitely be a very skilful game changer and he scores some spectacular goals.  However through either his greed, or inability to read the game, he sadly also has the ability to kill goal scoring chances through not playing the easy Ball.  He really needs to work on this.

On 31/05/2024 at 14:57, CountryBumpkin said:

I wonder if we would/could work with Kirkcaldy and Dysart, provide them with the surface in the Den Road area as there are 2 or 3 pitches there now and use it as a training facility and community area as part of it? Of course it wouldn't be cheap, we'd have to find ways to fund a lot of the work/renovation but perhaps its something that our community work can help influence or garner investment.

Then just move the pitch itself there.....  Obviously need the groundwork underneath done to suit the artificial surface.

Or just go all Bernebau and have the pitch in storage under the stadium and a plastic pitch for training on.....  Should only cost a few hundred million to do :D

My honest preference is grass back at Starks too, BUT understand the financial aspect and future player (and fan) development benefits of the artificial surface we currently have.