The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just having a look at our February fixtures. We play Stirling twice home and away, Cowden away and Dundee away. This could be the month to decide whether we are genuinely in this title race for the long haul. Our away form is good and that's 3/4 games away and we're playing Stirling and Cowden arguably two of the weaker teams in the league although accept that we rarely do well against Stirling. If we could collect 9 or 10 points from those fixtures then I'd start to believe I think. A big IF though.

Just having a look at our February fixtures. We play Stirling twice home and away, Cowden away and Dundee away. This could be the month to decide whether we are genuinely in this title race for the long haul. Our away form is good and that's 3/4 games away and we're playing Stirling and Cowden arguably two of the weaker teams in the league although accept that we rarely do well against Stirling. If we could collect 9 or 10 points from those fixtures then I'd start to believe I think. A big IF though.

Its worth saying that whoever wins this league doesn't have to be great.. Just better than the others.

Davie was a little edgy against Morton and obviously had that howler against Falkirk but I think to be dropped for that is harsh. He had a couple of decent saves in those games too. Do you think this means he will remain dropped for Saturday or until his replacement does something wrong?

Davie was a little edgy against Morton and obviously had that howler against Falkirk but I think to be dropped for that is harsh. He had a couple of decent saves in those games too. Do you think this means he will remain dropped for Saturday or until his replacement does something wrong?

Hard to tell. I am getting flashbacks to McGlynn's rotational keeper policy when Fahey and Renton and that lot played for us. I have a pal who is a Montrose fan and was surprised when I told him McNeil wasn't getting a game, he though he was more than good enough for this division. We don't know how McGurn is doing in training for example or how McNeil has been performing in reserve games. McNeil may well deserve a chance in the first team and McGurn did look, as you said, a bit edgy agaist Morton. I wasn't at the Falkirk game so I can't comment.

It was very harsh to drop him when we take the probable incident for his dropping in isolation. However, there are maybe some other circumstances behind it. I guess we'll see on Thursday.

What I hope we don't see, is a repitition of the aforementioned Renton/Fahey rotation we witnessed in division two. That didn't do us any favours at all.

Edited by Michael W

It was very harsh to drop him when we take the probable incident for his dropping in isolation. However, there are maybe some other circumstances behind it. I guess we'll see on Thursday.

What I hope we don't see, is a repitition of the aforementioned Renton/Fahey rotation we witnessed in division two. That didn't do us any favours at all.

I can't honestly see a repeat of that situation. McGlynn certainly seems to have learnt his lessons from that time and it's important to remember that it wasn't entirely McGlynn's fault either (though he certainly made mistakes). The problem was caused by that tosser leaving his foot in on Fahey and compounded by Renton's cripplinf loss of form after 2 or 3 mistakes.

Ever since then we've run a pretty steady ship in the goalkeeping department and I would expect McNeil to keep his position for the forseeable. A situation I'm fairly comfortable with.

Renton was the tall keeper we signed from a 3rd division club but had previously been on blackburns books. Only remember him having one good game a cup tie against St.Johnstone at Starks