The New Raith Rovers Thread

300k?

We didn`t even make that getting to the semi final

It was a total guess in fairness, but Spence doesn't score we don't have the Airdrie replay, the Deveronvale game and a potential full house and live TV cameras against Celtic.. bound to net us a fair whack. Should all be unbudgeted for too.

It was a total guess in fairness, but Spence doesn't score we don't have the Airdrie replay, the Deveronvale game and a potential full house and live TV cameras against Celtic.. bound to net us a fair whack. Should all be unbudgeted for too.

Exactly. You've got to remember. We'll have a natural attendance spike if Celtic come through, on top of that you have the potential for a TV game (which, in all honest, wouldn't surprise me if they found out some way to f**k us over with), as well as other additional streams of revenue such as prize money, hospitality, 50/50 tickets and programmes. If Celtic fail to get through, then we can have a decent tie to play Arbroath.

We've done well in the cups this year: no embarrassing exits, a tie at Parkhead and now a potential tie with Celtic at home, which may even be televised. Financially, this should see us deliver a strong and better than expected result.

It was a total guess in fairness, but Spence doesn't score we don't have the Airdrie replay, the Deveronvale game and a potential full house and live TV cameras against Celtic.. bound to net us a fair whack.

Understand where your coming from

Should all be unbudgeted for too.

You would like to think so.Couldn`t have budgeted for a potentail cup tie against Celtic but could they have budgeted for getting throught to this round?Surely not

Exactly. You've got to remember. We'll have a natural attendance spike if Celtic come through, on top of that you have the potential for a TV game (which, in all honest, wouldn't surprise me if they found out some way to f**k us over with), as well as other additional streams of revenue such as prize money, hospitality, 50/50 tickets and programmes. If Celtic fail to get through, then we can have a decent tie to play Arbroath.

Not exactly sure how much it is for TV game,60k-80K?

Our ground only holds just under 8,500 and if Fifes Finest Constabulary implement the same stupid policy as they did for the Dunfermline with regards to the first rows of seats that knocks another 1000 off

Take off all our fines for indiscipline ;)

As I said,our run through to the cup semis netted us under 300k including prize money,however by beating Celtic and reaching the semis this season would see us pocket 300k+ :P

All hypothetical as Celtic ain`t through yet

I believe the TV fee is in the region of £80-85k. I presume that's spilt between the teams, though?

I have no idea what our capacity is without the railway stand, but the ground looked completely full against Aberdeen and i think the attendance that day was 7039 or something. Say for arguments sake the average price paid is £12 and there are 7,000 (not unrealistic) and you're looking at £164,000 after factoring in the TV money. That discounts the catering costs etc. Of course, the costs then come off and Celtic get 40%, but we're still looking at a decent wedge.

We'll then get prize money if we're knocked out. No idea how much it is for this round, but probably around £12,000.

I would hope that all cup income is treated as unexpected for the purposes of our finances.

An Arbroath victory would of course put paid to this argument!

Edited by Michael W

I believe the TV fee is in the region of £80-85k. I presume that's spilt between the teams, though?

Yep,you could well be right with that figure

I have no idea what our capacity is without the railway stand, but the ground looked completely full against Aberdeen and i think the attendance that day was 7039 or something. Say for arguments sake the average price paid is £12 and there are 7,000 (not unrealistic) and you're looking at £164,000 after factoring in the TV money. That discounts the catering costs etc. Of course, the costs then come off and Celtic get 40%, but we're still looking at a decent wedge.

Not paying VAT? :P

There should be no cost for catering as thats solely run by one of the directors.As you say though,still a decent wedge to be made

According to Fife Police website capacity is 8495 give or take a few burst seats and potential no seating in the first few rows.As you said still a decent wedge to be made

We'll then get prize money if we're knocked out. No idea how much it is for this round, but probably around £12,000.

Not sure on the prize money although it was posted on here a year or so ago.Almost certain the prize money for the league cup round per round was more.

Our ground only holds just under 8,500 and if Fifes Finest Constabulary implement the same stupid policy as they did for the Dunfermline with regards to the first rows of seats that knocks another 1000 off

Guarantee you that this policy will not apply for any potential tie with Celtic. There was never 1000 damaged seats in the north stand a couple of weeks ago & the plods will be fully staffed up.

I think there is a problem with the infrastructure of the Railway Stand, state of toilets, no running water etc so it's not just about putting in seats. We don't need the seats long term so not cost effective to do it up for one game and then become a white elephant after. In the current climate this game may not even sell out especially if its on the telly

From memory, only one tie can be televised from each round. Rangers vs Dundee United anyone? dry.gif

Three were televised over the weekend. If it's the same next round we've got a chance. Although even then there are enough all SPL ties to allow them to overlook our match.

Three were televised over the weekend. If it's the same next round we've got a chance. Although even then there are enough all SPL ties to allow them to overlook our match.

Given that only 4,000 tops of TGSITW can attend, it has to go on TV, how else will the 196,000 who were at Seville see the match ?

There's three live matches again this round. Sky get picks 1 and 3, BBC Scotland get pick 2. Saturday lunchtime, Sunday lunchtime and Sunday afternoon appear to be the slots. I imagine first pick would be Dundee United v Sevco so I'm guessing we'll be on BBC, which going by recent history would have us more likely to be on the Saturday.

I've just realised I'm in London on the 2nd of February so I'm praying the game, if it is Celtic, gets moved to the Sunday. :(

I think there is a problem with the infrastructure of the Railway Stand, state of toilets, no running water etc so it's not just about putting in seats. We don't need the seats long term so not cost effective to do it up for one game and then become a white elephant after. In the current climate this game may not even sell out especially if its on the telly

I think thats the case roverthemoon regards the Railway Stand,althougth the roof was supposed to have been water tight.John Sim was supposed to be revamping the Railway Stand at no cost to the club but its come to nothing.

I think thats the case roverthemoon regards the Railway Stand,althougth the roof was supposed to have been water tight.John Sim was supposed to be revamping the Railway Stand at no cost to the club but its come to nothing.

Much rather if Sim was going to do anything it would be to go towards running costs or our budget. Seems a little daft to upgrade the railway stand for use when we dont even get the fans to fill the south stand most weeks so it would make it look even more baron during games

Really can't see any purpose in us repairing the railway stand when attendances in the south stand is dropping. It'd just be an unnecessary output we'd have to spend money on.

Much rather if Sim was going to do anything it would be to go towards running costs or our budget.

He already does in way of reduced rental

Seems a little daft to upgrade the railway stand for use when we dont even get the fans to fill the south stand most weeks so it would make it look even more baron during games

Oh I agree but it was for the purpose of hospitality not the ordinary punter.Cant remember the exact wording or the technical detail for it but the money he had to invest could not be given directly to the club in cash it had to go into the stadium.The proposal was to make the Railway Stand watertight,new guttering,upgrade toilets,running water etc and install portacabin type structures for hospitality.This was to be funded by John Sim/Starks Park properties Ltd.Like everything else,you hear of proposals then here f**k all when they dont come to fruition.

Really can't see any purpose in us repairing the railway stand when attendances in the south stand is dropping. It'd just be an unnecessary output we'd have to spend money on.

As above

Edited by Mij