The New Raith Rovers Thread

Think you are the one acting dumb when you know what it means personally, mibee I can say the odd 'racist' thing for a joke between friends or make slang references to a Chinese restaurant out of habit I imagine. Strikes me as the same sort of thing, sectarianism while I don't understand most of it is wrong too I believe?

Funny you call them orcs but not ogres or trolls or gremlins or something else :/ hmmm. Anyway call folk what you want, I am an ambassador for free speech, on the off chance it was chance that you refer to them as this then at least now you know what folk associated with Celtic/Rangers see it as meaning

Think you are the one acting dumb when you know what it means personally, mibee I can say the odd 'racist' thing for a joke between friends or make slang references to a Chinese restaurant out of habit I imagine. Strikes me as the same sort of thing, sectarianism while I don't understand most of it is wrong too I believe?

Funny you call them orcs but not ogres or trolls or gremlins or something else :/ hmmm. Anyway call folk what you want, I am an ambassador for free speech, on the off chance it was chance that you refer to them as this then at least now you know what folk associated with Celtic/Rangers see it as meaning

You're having an absolute 'mare here. Just leave it.

Back to the football

Yeah instead we spent a thrilling season in the first. Nah give me promotion any day. I don't know what it us but rovers fans never seem to want to be promoted we had the same shit about us going up to the first, too expensive, well get pumped ever week etc.

I'm old enough to remember the team of 1980/1 which just simply ran out of steam in the last few months of the season, after leading for a long time. We were part time back then competing with a full time Hibs and Dundee, who eventually went up.

There were accusations for years in the town, that the board/players bottled it, we had a small squad and injuries and suspensions, as well as 2 games a week just crippled us. That stigma of not wanting promotion, even haunted the 1992/3 team when we wobbled and went 2 games without winning.

Fast forward 18 or so years, and we just weren't good enough that season to beat Dunfermline. I am 100% certain that had we gone up, we wouldn't have spunked money on SPL journeymen, we would have been more than likely relegated, but we would have accumulated a few ££'s in the bank.

Give it up please, you're embarrassing yourself.

Embarrassing? I'm pointing out he is making a sectarian reference (what would be perceived as one to Rangers fans anyway)

I'm not vilifying him, simply questioning why this word was used ahead of any other if he didn't know what most folk (except Raith fans) know it stands for.

Some people on here like to stick there head in the sand at times yet attack others for little reason, very cliquey it seems.

Why not stick some wee pictures up for me of animals or folk making faces or something? Saves actually saying what you feel I have written wrongly.

Didn't a guy call a bunch of Gers fans orcs in Starks Bar after a Pars game few years back? That didn't go down too great for him and his friends from what I mind!

Embarrassing? I'm pointing out he is making a sectarian reference (what would be perceived as one to Rangers fans anyway)

I'm not vilifying him, simply questioning why this word was used ahead of any other if he didn't know what most folk (except Raith fans) know it stands for.

Some people on here like to stick there head in the sand at times yet attack others for little reason, very cliquey it seems.

Why not stick some wee pictures up for me of animals or folk making faces or something? Saves actually saying what you feel I have written wrongly.

Didn't a guy call a bunch of Gers fans orcs in Starks Bar after a Pars game few years back? That didn't go down too great for him and his friends from what I mind!

The way you're coming across here is that you're trying to cover up for your partaking in the 'odd' racist joke by pointing the finger at Hank for something he is quite obviously unaware of it's real underlying meaning. I personally had no idea either.

If its the game im thinking about then no it didnt. I was sat having a drink with my townie mates and it was a wave of fighting coming towards us. Wether theres any truth in the orc nonsense I doubt it.

Correct, however there's an assumption behind that that the majority of people are aware of the 'crime'. Nice deflection from your racist tendencies, though.

My racist tendencies...?

Please explain or withdraw that remark.

Please do expand on that,

The way you're coming across here is that you're trying to cover up for your partaking in the 'odd' racist joke by pointing the finger at Hank for something he is quite obviously unaware of it's real underlying meaning. I personally had no idea either.

Oh right, no, not covering anything up. Admit that they have a pretty ugly support but surely a bit strange that theirs is the only one ever referred to as ORCS from plenty angles (mostly Celtic angles mind you)

I will discuss it with them in April...not

Oh right, no, not covering anything up. Admit that they have a pretty ugly support but surely a bit strange that theirs is the only one ever referred to as ORCS from plenty angles (mostly Celtic angles mind you)

I will discuss it with them in April...not

....Or maybe give it a rest, its boring, and makes you look stupid.

John Brown does look like an Orc. The one in LOTR that ride the big dog. Gets killed.

Before or after it gets killed? :P

Put me in the didn't realise it had any sectarian links section heard the term Orc used loads never once realised it was sectarian thought it was in reference to the knuckle-dragging fans and the fact Celtic fans often refer to Ibrox these days as Mordor. Still you learn something new everyday.

Before or after it gets killed? :P

Put me in the didn't realise it had any sectarian links section heard the term Orc used loads never once realised it was sectarian thought it was in reference to the knuckle-dragging fans and the fact Celtic fans often refer to Ibrox these days as Mordor. Still you learn something new everyday.

Me too.

Pride of Fife is a secret Orc IMHO.

Just saying.