The New Raith Rovers Thread

Rubbish! Are you the one who wasn't fussed for Moon returning, either?

Mental.

There are very few of the current squad I would categorise as must keeps. McGurn aside I can't think of anyone else off hand.

:lol: I've never seen the contributors to this thread reach this level of agreement! Sorry Martin Nelson, but there's nothing wrong with Cardle's attitude.

There have been occasions where he's looked like he's been trying to get sent off, and he certainly doesn't look like he's putting a full shift in to me. That's before even contemplating how ineffective he actually is.

Cardle is a very good player for this level, I would only be happy to see him go if we had a replacement of the same standard, I doubt we do.

For what it's worth, the Orient trial was sorted out for him by his brother who works with matchroom sports who happen to own Orient, it was always going to be an outside chance that they took him down South

There are very few of the current squad I would categorise as must keeps. McGurn aside I can't think of anyone else off hand.

There have been occasions where he's looked like he's been trying to get sent off, and he certainly doesn't look like he's putting a full shift in to me. That's before even contemplating how ineffective he actually is.

Nobody apart from Mcgurn? You're saying Mcgurn was the only reason we went on such a long unbeaten run at the start of the season? I'm the complete opposite from you, I would keep the majority and add a few more, and that's a really good team...we have seen that several times last season... Yes, there was a massive slump after Christmas but when it got round to about march time, there was nothing left to play for, realistically we weren't making the play-offs and nobody thought Cowdenbeath were gonna go on that run at the end so we weren't going down, whereas the majority of the teams still had something to play for..?

But to suggest there is no-one apart from Mcgurn worth keeping is ludicrous..

Nobody apart from Mcgurn? You're saying Mcgurn was the only reason we went on such a long unbeaten run at the start of the season? I'm the complete opposite from you, I would keep the majority and add a few more, and that's a really good team...we have seen that several times last season... Yes, there was a massive slump after Christmas but when it got round to about march time, there was nothing left to play for, realistically we weren't making the play-offs and nobod thought Cowdenbeath were gonna go on that run at the end so we weren't going down, whereas the majority of the teams still had something to play for..?

But to suggest there is no-one apart from Mcgurn worth keeping is ludicrous..

I'm saying no-one else other than McGurn are must keeps in my view. There are several players in our squad, like Moon, who will probably do a decent enough job but I wouldn't be bothered if any of them buggered off during the summer. The only other player I'd really like to keep is Booth but his future is outwith our control.

Cardle was one of our better players last season. True, cup form aside it was hardly a classic campaign but he was better than most.

Considering our recent history in that position, the chances are, if he does leave, his replacement would be a poorer player.

All this talk about Cardles attitude is a load of Bull####. If you looked at the games we were losing he was showing more passion than the majority of the team. Even more passion than Jason Thomson and he is the captain. Would be very happy If he signed again as he set up the majority of goals this season.

Cardle blows hot and cold. You never know what you're going to get from him. I dont know if its a question of attitude or not - maybe when things arent coming off he loses enthusiasm during the game. That's my impression, but only he knows.

I'd be happy to keep Cardle but he seriously needs competition, there were several spells last season where he really needed dropped but every week he was there, playing 90 minutes and playing absolutely terribly. It seemed to take until about April before Murray would even consider taking him off before Anderson as well, regardless of how they were both playing. I'd go along with Yoss and say I'd be happy enough to see him stay but that I'd probably sign Anderson first if it was a straight choice.

And if Cardle does sign don't let him anywhere near fucking corners.

If we can keep Cardle and Anderson il be happy. Both contributed with a decent amount of assists and goals between them (12 goals and 18 assists) which can't be sniffed at. Agreed tho there needs to be more competition in those areas to keep the players under pressure when they aren't peforming and Cardle seems to be get an easier ride from the fans than Anderson does

Hoping we get some more signing news shortly. Id rather we get in early like last season and not end up picking up scraps just before the season starts