The New Raith Rovers Thread

I sincerely hope McKeown isn't being paid £700 p/w.

Yes, it's true that with the Championship being what it is this year we can afford to spend a bit more, but that would be ridiculous to spend on a left back. I'd maybe have accepted one of our players being paid that if it was Baird, who is a stand out at this level, but that's about it. Certainly it would have to be a big exception.

As a general rule, I don't really expect our players to be paid more than £500 p/w.

We've played two games!

You can absolutely say that in those two games he's underperformed, and that his positional sense and ball retention have been poor, but to say that he's 'useless' after two games is ludicrous, and an overreaction in the extreme.

Maybe if we get some central defenders fit we can play him as a wing back and he'll do better.

He might come good but I'm really struggling to think of the last time one of our signings started poorly and turned out to be a good player for us.

If mckeown is that useless as a left back why do the club no play 3 centre halves with thompson and mckeown as wing backs.I know we have injuries so it may not be the right time but in some games it may be worth a shout.

In 2011/2012 season we lost to Arbroath, Montrose and East Fife ( on pens) and drew with Southend United in friendlies. Lost to Airdrie in the League Cup and Ayr in the challenge cup. Are we at that shite stage yet? Oh and we beat Falkirk on the opening day that season.

Edited by Wardy

I sincerely hope McKeown isn't being paid £700 p/w.

Yes, it's true that with the Championship being what it is this year we can afford to spend a bit more, but that would be ridiculous to spend on a left back. I'd maybe have accepted one of our players being paid that if it was Baird, who is a stand out at this level, but that's about it. Certainly it would have to be a big exception.

As a general rule, I don't really expect our players to be paid more than £500 p/w.

Heard he asked for 750 to sign for us and he was told to GTF.

That's what I reckon, we were spoilt last season with Callum Booth, and that's what we've set as the benchmarks for Mckeown. He's got pretty big boots to fill, and it's still far too early to tell if he's going to be up to it..

Should have added. Booth was a contributor to your shitfest last season. Booth may have done well for you but he made no difference.

In 2011/2012 season we lost to Arbroath, Montrose and East Fife ( on pens) and drew with Southend United in friendlies. Lost to Airdrie in the League Cup and Ayr in the challenge cup. Are we at that shite stage yet? Oh and we beat Falkirk on the opening day that season.

We lost to Southend too on pens after nil nil draw, Grant Murray missed the decisive penalty.

Defending -Good

Penalties - Rank

Manager - ..............

That season was utterly horrific, but we had to make massive, massive cuts.

Grant Murray has nit had to do that, in fact, he has been given plenty support by the board for players. If we are even mentioning those two seasons in the same breath later on, that will speak volumes.

I don't think the Ayr and Airdrie defeats were the first two games of the season that year. Plus we had come off the back of a run at the title the previous year not 3 league wins in the second half of a season.

This season hasn't really started yet, but on paper we had a better forward line-up that season.

That was the season where we looked like being relegated at New Year then went on a great run and had a terrific end to the season where we avoided relegation and sent Ayr and QoS down. Are we signing Casa again?

We did the reverse last season, which didn't go down so well with the support.

I'm sure we announced that over the last couple of seasons, our wages to turnover ratio has been dramatically reduced.

Considering our average gate has dropped by around 40% in that time, wouldn't that suggest that Murray's wage budget can't be greater than McGlynn's?

I'm sure we announced that over the last couple of seasons, our wages to turnover ratio has been dramatically reduced.

Considering our average gate has dropped by around 40% in that time, wouldn't that suggest that Murray's wage budget can't be greater than McGlynn's?

Has our average gate really dropped by around 40% since season 2011/2012?

I wouldn't have thought the drop in attendances was that severe. We had Dunfermline in the league in season 2012/2013 and we drew Celtic in the Scottish Cup. Even in the horrendous 2013/2014 post Xmas season, we don't seem to have done that badly attendance-wise, save for the two sub-1000 midweek crowds.

I actually think McKeown and Conroy just have to sit in a room and discuss what the hell theyll be doing ... Individually i think both will be an asset (Yes even McKeown despite his lost/clueless/horrendous last 2 matches), i think the problem seems to be none seem to know whether to go or sit ?

Conroy is know to like to cut inside so McKeown should be making runs down the line to open the game up, they both just dont look like they read or play off each other, resulting in McKeown standing next to Conroy 5 yards away looking like a monkey .... Simple case of communication issues ? ...

I'll try be positive about today and hope we can get the league off to a good start as it is a must to be winning games V the likes of Dumbarton/Alloa/Cowdung ... I just hope we actually do the easy thing and play football as opposed to hoofing it to Nades head (i can hope right ?), pass the ball and move into space, it aint rocket science Bert !

We lost to Southend too on pens after nil nil draw, Grant Murray missed the decisive penalty.

Defending -Good

Penalties - Rank

Manager - ..............

Couldn't have been against Southend as that game just ended 0-0 and we didn't bother with the penalty shoot out.