The New Raith Rovers Thread

Whats the point of having upper tier and lower tier tickets why not have us all in the same tier of the stand unless we sold out the whole thing.Also ticket prices are outrageous for championship games but who cares lets just fleece the fans.Same as the sfa are doing to the scots support. :thumbsdown

Presumably they want to sell the remainder of the stand to Hearts fans so couldn't just put us in lower or upper as they need to segregate from right to left. They are hardly tiers anyway, they just have a walkway between the sections so it's a bit like calling the front bit of the South stand the lower tier

I actually don't mind the price for the game, it's clearly far too much for this level but Hearts would sell Tynecastle out to their own support only at that price - if you can get it, then well done, go for it.

What I do object to is the likes of Dundee trying to charge £20 when there's 8000 empty seats - that's outright greed and trying to prey on fans loyalty.

Not too sure how it works but flicking through the fife free press at the hairdressers today, they have Barry Mackay receiving all three points in the star check.

Sure that's not right?

It was there guy from the East Fife Mail who did last Friday's match report for the Press.

He tweeted when the subs were made that he couldn't believe Mckay had been taken off.

Thought that was odd, as I thought he'd been garbage, and thoroughly deserved to go off. Didn't realise he'd received all three points though. Michty me.

The prices for this level are ridiculous and i dont care whether they would sell out tynecastle themselves or not they shouldnt be asking fans to pay.

The only way to stop it, is to stop going.

Loyalty is one thing, getting fleeced by Boards of Directors with no morals is another.

It was there guy from the East Fife Mail who did last Friday's match report for the Press.

He tweeted when the subs were made that he couldn't believe Mckay had been taken off.

Thought that was odd, as I thought he'd been garbage, and thoroughly deserved to go off. Didn't realise he'd received all three points though. Michty me.

Yep, all three points.

Grant Anderson offered more within minutes of getting on the pitch.

Seriously baffling call.

Yep, all three points.

Grant Anderson offered more within minutes of getting on the pitch.

Seriously baffling call.

If the guy was from the East Fife Mail I assume he usually reports on East Fife matches and therefore wouldn't be able to spot a football player to save himself.

The prices for this level are ridiculous and i dont care whether they would sell out tynecastle themselves or not they shouldnt be asking fans to pay.

Don't go then - I don't want to give Rangers my money so I'm not going tomorrow. I don't object to Hearts, albeit I probably should, and it's obviously too much for Championship football.

Supply and demand sadly. The ground will be full anyway so there's no incentive to drop the prices.

If the guy was from the East Fife Mail I assume he usually reports on East Fife matches and therefore wouldn't be able to spot a football player to save himself.

To be fair, difficult to argue with this. The team scored no goals in the 58 minutes McKay was on the pitch, and three in the 32 without him. Including one a whole thirty seconds after we got him off. Only a lunatic would give MoTM to him.

I've always got the impression that the guy in question hates the Rovers to be fair. Too professional to say it, but now and then it comes out.

I am going because i want to watch my team plus its remembrance weekend and my lot will be showing our respects at the haymarket memorial pre match.Just because i am going doesnt mean to say that i am happy about the prices same as going to scotland games.The sfa dont give a shit about the fans with their pricing structure that is why ia m no going to the england game.They wont notice me no being there as someone else will take my ticket.

We now have games coming up at home to the bottom of the league team and away to a junior side in the cup. If we lose either of these matches Murray can get stuffed.

Probably reaching that stage. Support in the fanbase for him must be about as low as 20% by now, I get the impression he's fighting a losing battle regardless of what we do from here. Minds are made up and it's hardly a knee-jerk reaction.

I don't think I can bear to properly look at our stats for 2014 but I imagine they're the worst in the league.

Imperative for Murray's job we win next week.

Ouch, that's a big loss. We all knew going into this season that trams would be regularly turned over by Hearts and Rangers, but it's happening to us with a disappointing frequency. I still don't really think it changes anything though, as long as lessons are learnt. Without being at the game, it's difficult to make too many judgements, but it's pleasing to see that we at least got ourselves back into the game, and were competitive for much of it. A late defensive collapse doesn't change that, as frustrating as it is. The defensive frailties we have are well published. Again, the fact that Laurie Ellis is starting games speaks volumes. Getting players back from injury should go some way to rectifying that, but I can't help feeling that relieving Ross Laidlaw of his current duties would contribute too. We've all seen how well he can play when his tail is up, but we're going to be under too much pressure throughout this season for him to go to pieces every time he makes a mistake.

It's the go-to solution for any young player, but I wonder if a spell out on loan, with a little less spotlight, might be beneficial for him. A chance to play some football and make mistakes without having quality finishers like Boyd and Baird capitalising on each one.

It's utterly perplexing that we're losing goals to goalkeeping errors when we've got Davie McGurn sitting on the bench. As much as he's a great keeper, i know he's not the messiah that we, as Rovers fans, sometimes paint him to be, but he is solid, reliable and someone the defence knows they can count on.

If we can get McGurn back in now, alongside Hill if he's ready, we can build for 2015 on a solid defensive base, knowing that Barr can come in and further solidify as the holding, screening midfielder. From there, we can start to improve in midfield and up front.

Obviously we've got problems with injuries up front, but even if we were scoring twice as many goals we still wouldn't be picking up maximum points, because we're leaking too much.

I don't mean to pin the blame on Laidlaw. I'm not trying to make him a scapegoat. But when we've got a more stable option available, and our defensive unit is so shaky, his learning on the job is beneficial for nobody.