The New Raith Rovers Thread

So far then that's Keatings, Carrick & Eckersly all on their way out from Hearts ? Seems Hearts may be about to have a major clear-out ... Wouldn't mind grabbing a couple of lads from them, however I highly doubt they would be in our budget !

Be interesting to see our squad size next season to, after all the "strength in depth" talk from last season, I'm curious if we will cut down a bit of remain about the same seeing as 2 of the "biggies" will be gone ... Plus side is Vaughan/Callachan are 2 players we haven't had to sign who can definitely be good additions, now if only we can do that every season or 2 :P !

I wouldn't punt Stewart, hes our top scoring striker is he not ? Don't get me wrong, hes perhaps only scored 10 or something, but it all goes back to this "finding a 15 goal a season striker is difficult" chat again ... Stewart & Vaughan have showed they work well together in what little game time they've had ... Elliot on the other hand, he can go, not totally sold on Nade either ....

There is also the argument Stewart's form is a mere purple patch having done little to nothing most the season. I don't think we can justify keeping both Stewart and Nade; it's one or the other.

I think next season's budget will decline, so wouldn't be surprised if Elliott and one of Stewart and Nade are replaced with one incomer.

There is also the argument Stewart's form is a mere purple patch having done little to nothing most the season. I don't think we can justify keeping both Stewart and Nade; it's one or the other.

I think next season's budget will decline, so wouldn't be surprised if Elliott and one of Stewart and Nade are replaced with one incomer.

Purple patch or finding a strike partner who compliments him?

Purple patch or finding a strike partner who compliments him?

They're not mutually exclusive, so could be either. I'd have definitely punted him up until about a month ago, but I'm not so certain now. Still a bit unsure that he really offers much, but he's not quite the lost cause I thought he was. There were too many times I've watched us and had to remind myself he was playing.

I'd like to see Nade and Vaughan together. Stewart/Nade clearly didn't work, which makes it all the more frustrating that Vaughan was left out for so long.

Nade's main problem is that he often seems to try and do too much, and does it too slowly.

I do feel sorry for Nade though as, especially early and mid season, all we'd do is punt long balls up to him hoping he'd flick on for Stewart. He's not that type of player and it never worked yet Murray refused to play any other tactic.

In other news Livi took another point off Rangers tonight. Yet more reason for us to question our performances against them this season.

I do feel sorry for Nade though as, especially early and mid season, all we'd do is punt long balls up to him hoping he'd flick on for Stewart. He's not that type of player and it never worked yet Murray refused to play any other tactic.

In other news Livi took another point off Rangers tonight. Yet more reason for us to question our performances against them this season.

You just know Livi are going to do what Cowdenbeath did to us when we play them next week.

That's what I thought Ding Dang Doo, Rangers are a shadow of the there self from years ago, other teams have proven it, we must have the worst record against them this season. Big season coming up for Murray potentially league could be easier and in my mind anything less than 5th in the league will be failure. Im guessing Murray has had the biggest budget out of all the Rovers managers in recent years and yet have we made progress ? I don't think we have.

FFP this morning saying Callachan is attracting interest from a few premiership clubs...Ross county believed to be one of them.

The papers also saying that we have started offering new deals to players and, at least, 2 are very close to signing. Hoping Callachans one of those players now..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

FFP this morning saying Callachan is attracting interest from a few premiership clubs...Ross county believed to be one of them.

The papers also saying that we have started offering new deals to players and, at least, 2 are very close to signing. Hoping Callachans one of those players now..

At least we'll get a development fee for Callachan if he was to leave. Edited by Martin Nelson

I really hope Callachan is the player mentioned as he's an exciting prospect. As in re-sign. I'd love to see Keatings or Carrick play for us. But I'd imagine a relegated St Mirren might be a better fit as they'd have the potential to bounce straight back (you'd think). Or dependant on who follows them on the way down.

Finally manage to get a couple of youth players into the first team = gone six months later :lol:

Well, I hope not - but you'd have to laugh.