The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think in all seriousness though you surely have to try and seperate the institution that is Raith rovers from the management, board and current custodians.  It's them that have made this decision.  A boycott of the club whilst goodwillie, mcglynn and the board is one thing but stopping supporting the club itself and saying you'll never be back whoever's in charge is another thing altogether. I wouldn't get on at anyone for doing the former but still supporting the club itself and returning at some future point. 

I know you sneaked in with comps when the Falkirk board did something you didn't  like. So strength of conviction isn't high on your priorities. You'd  be first on the park had he scored for Falkirk.

6 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

You can be sad watching Kelty Hearts cruising towards promotion. 

Is this interchangeable football clubs thing for real? I support Rovers as they’re the local club. If they ever cease to be I’ll take up DIY or some such thing.

Cowdenbeath would be the next nearest club, for those that way inclined who aren’t glory hunters.

20 minutes ago, R12ATH said:

Surely if you are Goodwillie and had any remorse at all for what happened

He doesn't. His only regret is how it affected him.

Screenshot_20220201-094005_Chrome.thumb.jpg.127b8c67c0768f15fa4817ed69e6761e.jpg

They knew her stance. She made it clear when the rumours came out a few weeks ago. So they either didn’t care, or banked on her backing down. 
Vibes if a bunch of auld guys in a boardroom coming to the decision that this daft woman is just mouthing off, shel no go anywhere, lets sign the rapist and let everyone know that we know best.

So if rovers have paid a fee for him, how come they weren't willing to pay a fee for a striker who's not going to absolutely alienate everyone instead? Kevin O'Hara, Nathan Austin are two names that sprung to mind.

I didn't realise the club were in the position to pay out transfer fees. If the board felt like they had that luxury, then why go out their way to sign Goodwillie and completely damage the reputation of the club and everyone associated with it? Utter, utter madness.

9 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Sigh, I was against signing Goodwillie because of the obvious backlash. Disappointed in our club who constantly bang on about being a family club, a community club, just going to cause division in so many ways.

I won’t be boycotting or losing as much sleep as others either. I would like to think he has improved considerably as a human being since those days but was/is he a ‘rapist’? I’m not so sure, in fact I’m very doubtful reading the evidence in civil case. Big difference between a calculating monster who goes out there to rape innocent women and what is known of this night in question.  I could be a mile off but at same time, Goodwillie’s version of events could be 100% truthful

Just like to highlight this utterly ridiculous post from last night. At least David knows he has 1 fan at Stark’s Park 

How does everyone feel about Kyle Benedictus' criminal record of serious assault and restraining order? Just putting out there... Interested to hear how it's justified that our club captain is celebrated despite a conviction for a serious and violent crime?

4 minutes ago, Moonhound17 said:

So if rovers have paid a fee for him, how come they weren't willing to pay a fee for a striker who's not going to absolutely alienate everyone instead? Kevin O'Hara, Nathan Austin are two names that sprung to mind.

I didn't realise the club were in the position to pay out transfer fees. If the board felt like they had that luxury, then why go out their way to sign Goodwillie and completely damage the reputation of the club and everyone associated with it? Utter, utter madness.

Kevin O'Hara? Jesus feck. Replace the rapist with a guy who takes the pish out of folk with one eye.  Who next Alan Lithgow?

1 minute ago, RavyDavy said:

How does everyone feel about Kyle Benedictus' criminal record of serious assault and restraining order? Just putting out there... Interested to hear how it's justified that our club captain is celebrated despite a conviction for a serious and violent crime?

RapyDavy

Couple of things…

1. He shouldn’t be involved in football at this level IMO, 

2. Fair play to Val, she seems to be carrying the fight towards the board etc, 

However as fans, you need to help, can’t come on here or social media or send letters to your club yet jump up and down or cheer on a Saturday when he scores every week? 

3. I’m quite pleased as a Dumbarton fan because it drastically weakens Clyde. 

Crazy decision by Raith's BoD, lost you main sponsor and one of your most high profile supporter's to sign a rapist at the tail end of his career who may or may not get to you a play off position, if it was Ayr I wouldn't be back until he was out of my club and even then I don't know how I would justify going back to my wife and daughters, feel bad for all the Rath fans against this.

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I said this on the Falkirk thread, but the really worrying thing from a societal point of view is how many folk online supporting him and saying "he did nothing wrong, he was just on a lads' night out" are from the late teens / early twenties sleeve tattoo brigade.

totally right, was sickened by the amount of this.  maybe it's just my perception but there seems to be a new thing now amongst lads in particular that because some social justice campaigners can be righteous arseholes online, it's escalated to real social issues being dismissed as "woke" without any thought.  can see it even on this thread.  not a good place to be.  

to be fair, the backlash is massive here.  Maybe the rovers fans can make their feelings heard.

Still pedalling this nonsense. If your morals are so low that you're happy to support a rapist at least do it quietly ffs.