The New Raith Rovers Thread

Guest TedCrilly

On a side note, I’m really surprised DG has went for this. He’d have likely been on decent cash at Clyde and was widely accepted by their support whilst going under the radar from the press. In League 1, apart from Airdrie/Falkirk, I can’t imagine he suffers much abuse other than a few random shouts. He’s not exactly went to RR for life changing money either. Baffling move whatever angle you look at it.

Edited by TedCrilly

11 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

According to someone in the know , the players are not happy about it.......... watch this space I think

What do you think they’re going to do?  Walk out?

This is their job.  They can’t sign for another club until the next window.  They still have to pay the mortgage and support their families.

53 minutes ago, JTWell said:

Indeed however no mention of the hypocrisy of Raith’s (previous) sponsor making a career out of writing about increasingly deprived criminal activity,  including rape, in order to attract readers and make her more money.  

And don’t tell me it was all fiction as she has indicated her inspiration for characters such as Jacko Vance (Saville).  

The replies from a minority of idiots on this thread actually seem to be getting worse. 

Have a f**king word with yourself!

10 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Niall on the Rovers commentary mentioned they might have a mystery guest on the commentary in the second half.  Then it never got mentioned again and he did all the commentary himself.

Got a really awful feeling that Goodwillie was going to be the mystery guest but then they realised that would be the third stupid thing the club had done in 24 hours.

The board had maybe booked Bill Cosby to lighten the mood and tell a few gags. 

14 minutes ago, Left Back said:

What do you think they’re going to do?  Walk out?

This is their job.  They can’t sign for another club until the next window.  They still have to pay the mortgage and support their families.

Exactly

The club have put the players and staff in an ver near impossible situation

What was the attendance like tonight? Was it notably less than usual?

also, it’s really confused me the difference in reaction from Clyde to Raith fans. Think the signing is disgusting and feel for Raith fans, but its weird that I can’t remember there being much backlash from Clyde fans when he signed there and he’s seen as a hero there, whilst its caused Raith to lose several sponsors, board members etc. Anyone think of any reason why the two reactions to Goodwillie were so different? Find it weird man

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Really? You managed 3 goals - surely scoring wasn’t your issue. 

With a proper goal scorer (a non rapist one) we would have had 5/6 tonight quite easily. However, you are correct we were a shambles defensively too which was just as much of an issue. Need Berra back pronto, Musonda is all over the place and a complete shadow of his former self.

Indeed however no mention of the hypocrisy of Raith’s (previous) sponsor making a career out of writing about increasingly deprived criminal activity,  including rape, in order to attract readers and make her more money.  
And don’t tell me it was all fiction as she has indicated her inspiration for characters such as Jacko Vance (Saville).  

Missed Goodwillie tonight, hopefully he will be in the team for Saturday. Probably would have had a hat trick tonight 
We were crying out for a proven goalscorer tonight...

Can a Mod just ban this fuckwit already? Embarrassing stuff to create accounts purely to act edgy about a rapist. The term OFTW is overused in here but it seriously applies to this fucking creep.

9 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

The Ayr United game on the 5th of March is apparently a 'Ladies Day' to coincide with International Women's Week.

Can see that playing out well.

No way they can go ahead with that.

Wouldn't surprise me if your board had Goodwillie in a sexy butler outfit selling 50/50s.

Edited by Chubbychops