The New Raith Rovers Thread

What a difference in the numbers tbh.  Just shows how things can change for the better when you have the right people in the right jobs.  

Good on the board.  The Fife Gretna nonsense quoted by our rivals can get shoved right up their collective arses.

Now, what about a defender coming in before 1130pm guys?????  Sort the pitch issues too!

1 minute ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Just posted hopefully works you are due me a hat.

Well done you, no point letting folk who have been rewarded by the club have a wee perk. How dare they look to repay folk who have chucked in a few quid. It's much better you choose when to break the news to the widest audience than the club. 

Just now, The Tiel Burn said:

Well done you, no point letting folk who have been rewarded by the club have a wee perk. How dare they look to repay folk who have chucked in a few quid. It's much better you choose when to break the news to the widest audience than the club. 

Jesus F Christ - the boy asked what it was and I answered, was helping him out.

Apologies if you feel your perk has been ruined and you feel less special than you did 10mins ago.

3 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

"look at me, look at me, I'm a super fan"

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Cheers, but I was more just being nosey to see what the ‘standard’ welcome gift was. 
All the pics I’ve seen online are the Hat/scarf/pen/badge which is the ‘premium’ gift you get with the gold package. 
Like I say, just being nosey. 

• Welcome gift
  • 🗞️ Exclusive club updates
  • 🏟️ Digital collectible of match day posters
  • 🥇 Quarterly competitions
  • 📈 RRFC in Numbers monthly infographic
  • 🛒 Online Shop Special Offers

Just now, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Jesus F Christ - the boy asked what it was and I answered, was helping him out.

Apologies if you feel your perk has been ruined and you feel less special than you did 10mins ago.

Not your call to make, nothing to do with feeling special. Kinda pointless the club trying to reward folk when you know best! 

Just now, The Tiel Burn said:

Not your call to make, nothing to do with feeling special. Kinda pointless the club trying to reward folk when you know best! 

What on earth are you talking about? Nothing in the email said 'please don't share' - they do the same with signings no? People are literally discussing the content?

A fellow fan wanted to know what it was.....I helped him out. Like I say if that's impacted your reasoning for being in Club1883 I can only apologise that we have a different viewpoint.

Enjoy your evening me ol' china.

What on earth are you talking about? Nothing in the email said 'please don't share' - they do the same with signings no? People are literally discussing the content?

A fellow fan wanted to know what it was.....I helped him out. Like I say if that's impacted your reasoning for being in Club1883 I can only apologise that we have a different viewpoint.

Thanks for sharing mate , can’t believe you are getting stick about this, will get you ear defenders instead of a hat 😂😂, if I could afford it I would join and still might 

10 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

What a difference in the numbers tbh.  Just shows how things can change for the better when you have the right people in the right jobs.  

Good on the board.  The Fife Gretna nonsense quoted by our rivals can get shoved right up their collective arses.

Now, what about a defender coming in before 1130pm guys?????  Sort the pitch issues too!

You do know that the Scottish transfer deadline is tomorrow at 1130pm.

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

"look at me, look at me, I'm a super fan"

Only flaw in your point being that I'm not a member. Like others I haven't got the spare cash. Just think it's fair folk get a bit of time to take in the detail as a wee perk before we all get the news. 

Club 1883 Exclusive suggests the Club wanted to share the news a bit early with contributors. In the past early releases, the club has released the same news more widely reasonably quickly, it’s just a little perk for those willing/able to kick in a little bit.

As such, your posting of it undermines the clubs efforts, sorry, but that’s a fact. The club will likely be officially releasing that sort of data soon anyway, so why? Why not just summarize it as a nice financial update to supporters who have been able to support the club?

I'd hardly call this a perk to be fair and if I was the club I'd be getting it out to as many eyes as possible. 

Some very striking figures in there and mostly from last season.

Over 20 odd games we made 6 grand on match day catering, that's almost negligent. 

Overall revenue from sponsorship is almost double, what fhe f**k was going on previously? 

Christ we've even made money from loaning out players we don't need. 

As Chandler Bings boss said, "the arrows all point up so I'm happy"

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'd hardly call this a perk to be fair and if I was the club I'd be getting it out to as many eyes as possible. 

Some very striking figures in there and mostly from last season.

Over 20 odd games we made 6 grand on match day catering, that's almost negligent. 

Overall revenue from sponsorship is almost double, what fhe f**k was going on previously? 

Christ we've even made money from loaning out players we don't need. 

As Chandler Bings boss said, "the arrows all point up so I'm happy"

It was negligence re the catering.

Maybe it's too easy to summarise this way, but I suspect we became seen as being a lot less toxic with John Sim no longer being involved as a face. The man did plenty to help us in the past up until January 2022 and then completely fucked it for the club.

It's a changed place.

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Club 1883 Exclusive suggests the Club wanted to share the news a bit early with contributors. In the past early releases, the club has released the same news more widely reasonably quickly, it’s just a little perk for those willing/able to kick in a little bit.

As such, your posting of it undermines the clubs efforts, sorry, but that’s a fact. The club will likely be officially releasing that sort of data soon anyway, so why? Why not just summarize it as a nice financial update to supporters who have been able to support the club?

Every supporter supports the club one way or another,some are just fortunate they can contribute more

I hold shares but the previous board never shared the accounts before the broader support knew.Did it bother?no really so why folk are taking a stropp at someone releasing half year finances on here is laughable

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It was negligence re the catering.

Maybe it's too easy to summarise this way, but I suspect we became seen as being a lot less toxic with John Sim no longer being involved as a face. The man did plenty to help us in the past up until January 2022 and then completely fucked it for the club.

It's a changed place.

I have a lot of time for Sim despite recent history. He was there at a time when the club needed him and he kept us going. 

With that said he just didn't have the time to invest and possibly didn't have the vision to take the club forward. The closest we got was him chucking Smudgers missus a wage to run things for him but enough said on that shitshow. 

The "village idiots" have seen an opportunity to turn things round at an underperforming business shall we say. They have been efficient and clinical in their execution. If we don't go up this year I'm a whole lot happier than I would have been that this maybe isn't a flash in the pan and that there is a solid business model behind the club. 

2 minutes ago, David McGurns Left Glove said:

I'd argue that If someone pays for 1883 benefits and information they are then free to do whatever they please with it. 

Nice editing 👌 what was that about folk who are not 1883 members shutting their mouths in your first draft? 

Hey ho, I like that the Fife Grenta tag is being taken head on. The boldness is something I can see other boardrooms struggling with which is great.