The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

One thing to keep an eye on is how we perform in terms of commercial deals. Stuff like naming rights for stands will be longer term deals. 

This has been a curse in the past, ten years sponsorship up front causing a surge in income for that year, then nothing for the remaining nine.

Figures are great and well done to all. 👏👏👏

Wonder if some of these sponsorships are  multi year deals though but will find out in next years figures. Looking good going forward though 

47 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Surely under 12s are likely to have an adult with them, and then hassle said adult when they see the pie stall after getting through the gate.

Correct.Played a blinder with that

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

This was always my fear, season ticket numbers well up but how many were ‘free’, meaning no extra actual income. That’s been well and truly put to bed now.

Absolutely. Gate receipts have naturally seen an increase with Dundee United and Dunfermline being in the league, but we are well up even taking that into consideration. 

My own worry has also been put to bed - the cost of the increased off-field staff. It's up, bit not by a massive amount. And, more importantly, the revenue is well up to cover it. 

Can definitely vouch for the increased spend at the pie stall due to the free under 12 tickets. Also making products such as Hot Dogs, popcorn and fudge donuts available.....

Went from always being under a tenner for a lukewarm pie or two and a bovril for me and maybe a packet of crisps for one kid to well over £20 a game for me and three constantly hungry bairns wanting all sorts of delicacy.

The phrase "I'll just get ma lunch/ tea at the Rovers mum" was never used before this season.

1 hour ago, SerieA said:

How many of those extra fans are free U12s-they must be spending a fortune at the pie stall mind you.

This is where the club are missing a trick to bring in more revenue, and needs to improve for both the income point of view, and fan experience. From around 2:20 onwards on a Saturday, the queues for the concession stalls are long and move so slow compared to the majority of other clubs we've visited this season. To the extent that I reckon a lot of folk don't bother!  A bit more thought and a couple of extra staff / bit of thought around pop up pie stalls could easily bring the club in a bit more money. 

12 minutes ago, SerieA said:

Correct.Played a blinder with that

Same can be said for a lot of things. Some adults will end up getting season tickets to go with the free under 12s tickets. Then you add in things like replica kits. It's very much a trickle down effect which people overlook, and I'm surprised more clubs haven't seen what Partick and ourselves have done and jumped at it.

11 hours ago, parsboi said:

Before I say what I’m about to, let me caveat that l think a lot of the communication and work your board has put in place has been very good.  Whether it can be sustained, up to them and you.  I do wish I’d hear more from our current board and investors but they pays their money so their gig.

If those figures are right and encompass all the ins and outs (I’m using approximation for speed) am I right in working out it adds up to a calendar year loss of £342,000?

I think you've simplified it a bit too much - What they've presented is an analysis of income and expenditure over part of the financial year, not all of it. There will be an up to date forecast somewhere that will have things like end of season cup ticket money, and league and cup prize money forecast in. 
I would imagine they will have revised attendance forecasts for some of the games to come - possibly revised upwards if we are competing for the league title. I would expect they may also no be factoring in revenue from at least one potential play off match, although not certain! 

On the commercial deals, when it comes to actually preparing the formal accounts, any multi year sponsorship deals should be accounted for using the Revenue Recognition standard which states you should only recognise revenue for the reporting period.

In simple terms,  - if company A has paid up front fully for a 5 year deal, you'd hold 4 years of that income on the balance sheet, and only recognise one year of revenue in the P&L. Your balance sheet then carries the remaining balance, which reduces over the next 4 seasons. 

40 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Same can be said for a lot of things. Some adults will end up getting season tickets to go with the free under 12s tickets. Then you add in things like replica kits. It's very much a trickle down effect which people overlook, and I'm surprised more clubs haven't seen what Partick and ourselves have done and jumped at it.

Doubt we’ll see it next season.Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Surely under 12s are likely to have an adult with them, and then hassle said adult when they see the pie stall after getting through the gate.

Is that how it works for normal families?

Mine is more like;

”Do you fancy a pie?”

”Nah”

”Double biscuit? Fudge donut?”

”Nah, no thanks”

”Oh well, we’re in the queue now, may as well get a pie for myself….”

3 hours ago, FitbaSupporter said:

On the bar takings, am I right in thinking the change with the 200 Club, McMillan Club etc means that the club is now just taking the profits from their drink sales direct rather than letting them make a profit over the year and waiting for donations from them? 

Exactly that. 

We're in good nick now but I hope it's never forgotten that the members and volunteers at those clubs quite literally kept the club going in the darker days with said donations. 

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Only if its something Kikcaldy centric. The Valente single fish stadium, The Jackie O arena, I kent his faither field.

Forbo Field at Stark’s Park? Change the plastic pitch to linoleum inset with the lines in contrasting samples?

In all seriousness, naming is a possible minefield. We saw that with the North Stand, and that would just amplify if the facility sponsor suddenly becomes less appropriate. I’m not a huge fan of the sale of whole facility naming rights, but it is the way of the world these days.

If we do sell more stand or stadium naming rights can we just make sure they put the signs on central this time, unlike the Craiglea Timber Frames one.  Mind you, putting it on off centre might have had the desired effect as that's probably the first company I think off now when I think of those who sponsor the club.

A few different things to consider from reading the last few pages.

Firstly, people are entitled to share the information in any way they want.  It's in the courier today so not exactly a secret.

The numbers themselves are really encouraging.  It really shows just how poorly the club was being run before.  The catering numbers are just ridiculous.

I wouldn't be against selling the naming rights for Stark's Park.  Even if it became the Kingdom Homes Stadium (just an example before anyone thinks I'm in the know) we'd all still call it Stark's/the San Starko anyway.

I'm still hopeful we'll see a new defender in during February.  I was a little disappointed to see this morning that Queens Park have signed Danny Wilson as I was hopeful of us looking at him when I spotted he was coming back from the US.  

51 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Seem to recall reading something about re naming stadium as "The Skoda Stadium"......is that the case?

I was being toungue in cheek, while also highlighting a point that the club could make money... ;)

They could call it the sexy big tits arena I would still always call it Starks Park though.

I'm sure most companies that would consider buying naming rights would do it similar to EEP. So it would be "[Company Name] Starks Park. Last thing they'd want to do is anger the fanbase. 

I do think it is something that should be explored for easy income for the club.