The New Raith Rovers Thread

After recovering from an injury, Byrne went straight into the starting eleven against Arbroath, a game we lost. He then didn't start the next three, two of which we won and all three of which we kept a clean sheet in. 

Having now had a negative result, I expect he'll be back in contention for a starting place. I don't think we need the conspiracy theories. 

6 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't think we need the conspiracy theories. 

Come, come, it’s the Rovers, of course we need conspiracy theories. Heck, Tazz is in the DU match thread sounding down right normal, and almost effusive about the Rovers and DU…something’s about to hit the fan!

6 hours ago, North West said:

Probably a glass bottle.

Perhaps a young fan’s stolen belongings?

I don’t understand the point of an obvious alt account to simply be an arsehole. Be honest enough to do it on your primary account.

On 02/04/2024 at 15:13, SanStarko said:

To be fair, given it took them five years to get out of League One and getting thumped in the play offs last season a Falkirk fan would be well versed in the art of bottling it.

But I'm all for Ro Sham Bo being negative, I think every time he's been negative this season we've went on to completely prove him wrong.

To be Fair, Falkirk didn't get promoted due to the CORRUPT VOTE 🤐

21 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

To be Fair, Falkirk didn't get promoted due to the CORRUPT VOTE 🤐

Well we got relegated from the premier league due to a vote and then promoted to the championship on a vote so I guess that evens it out doesn’t it?

20 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Well we got relegated from the premier league due to a vote and then promoted to the championship on a vote so I guess that evens it out doesn’t it?

explain this mate? how did you get voted out of the premier League ?

2 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

explain this mate? how did you get voted out of the premier League ?

Back in the 90’s when we were in the Premier League, the powers that be wanted league reconstruction which reduced the number of teams in the top flight meaning an extra team got relegated… guess who that team turned out to be? Also, even more strangely, it was us that had the casting vote which ultimately relegated us. Our chairman at the time believed it was for the greater good of Scottish football to vote for it!

3 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Back in the 90’s when we were in the Premier League, the powers that be wanted league reconstruction which reduced the number of teams in the top flight meaning an extra team got relegated… guess who that team turned out to be? Also, even more strangely, it was us that had the casting vote which ultimately relegated us. Our chairman at the time believed it was for the greater good of Scottish football to vote for it!

It was director Bob Paxton who cast the vote. He survived initially, but was ousted when Alex Penman gained control in 1994.

The ultimate in turkeys voting for Christmas. And I'm still waiting on a convincing explanation as to how reducing the top flight from 12 to 10 was ever for the greater good of Scottish football.

Sure we finished 11th that season in between St Johnstone and Dundee we played some good football but drew too many games 2 points for a win as well. 

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Perhaps a young fan’s stolen belongings?

I don’t understand the point of an obvious alt account to simply be an arsehole. Be honest enough to do it on your primary account.

You slaver some pish matey. 

On 03/04/2024 at 03:28, TxRover said:

Come, come, it’s the Rovers, of course we need conspiracy theories. Heck, Tazz is in the DU match thread sounding down right normal, and almost effusive about the Rovers and DU…something’s about to hit the fan!

I will try my best 😂 🇺🇸👍

On a loosely Rovers related topic, it's the 1883 Q&A where members can submit questions. What absolute lunacy is going to sent in for the panel to try and answer? 

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

On a loosely Rovers related topic, it's the 1883 Q&A where members can submit questions. What absolute lunacy is going to sent in for the panel to try and answer? 

Why bring every fucker back for corner kicks?

21 hours ago, Jilted John said:

21 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

It was director Bob Paxton who cast the vote. He survived initially, but was ousted when Alex Penman gained control in 1994.

The ultimate in turkeys voting for Christmas. And I'm still waiting on a convincing explanation as to how reducing the top flight from 12 to 10 was ever for the greater good of Scottish football.

Never knew that. That is madness 😲 3 x 14 Clubs would be a good format. Just can't understand why ? this was VOTED down 😕

35 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Don't think the email said when the closing date for questions will be but I'd assume it'll be after the Airdrie game.   Win the next two games and it'll be standard normal questions, lose one or both of them and then it'll be absolute manic questions.

Just noticed that the last half hour will be open for questions so if it goes wrong over the next three home games I look forward to somebody asking if we're throwing the league because we can't afford to go up.