The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Someone at Stark's reads this forum. LED screen lit up like a Christmas tree when I drove past just now.

3 hours ago, Jilted John said:

There’s been a couple of detailed interviews with our CEO where he talks about the reasons behind the decision. If you’re that interested, give them a listen and it’ll answer your questions. Whether he’d still have been in a job had we won the playoffs if neither here nor there. If my Grannie had baws she’d have been my grandad!

I did listen to the interview on youtube when it came out on the 5th august as did quite a few neutral fans due to the nature of the sacking. While an interesting watch at the time I didn't think it was especially informative (as is any boards right to keep their cards close to their chest). I listened it to again just now, from the video only around the 2 to 5 minute section out of the 19 covers the actual reasons for the sacking - 4:08 "In our opinion, we think that there's been a regress individually and collectively as a group from the turn of the year. We didn't feel that regression was going to change under Ian's leadership, hence the reason we decided to make the decision that we have."

So without this regression, Raith could have finished first in the league or could have won the play offs if they had stayed at the same level? Or could simply have finished with more points or some higher scoreline wins? If the latter is the answer and you were happy with league position and making play offs but not the manner in which you got there, you are getting into intangible things like "feel", a word which he used at least 3 times in the video.

Getting 2nd and reaching the play off final is a tangible achievement, the negatives of murray that were given seemed more vague to me. In any case I don't really see that I was supposed to watch the interview and decide that any other manager will do at this time, even if they have a weaker CV. New manager needs experience in the tier above / getting a club promoted or it makes no logical sense to me. I guess it does make it easier to take a punt on any new manager if you are truly not worried about results / getting promoted / league position at the end of a season, as long as it "feels" better.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Attend games and you'll understand 🤷‍♂️

I saw one Raith home game last season - weekday game April 9th vs Airdrie as I remember I thought it would be a good one as a neutral in terms of match quality / Airdrie fighting for 4th position in the league. The game finished 1-3, I wouldn't have said Raith looked particularly bad, and Airdrie were beating Raith at the beginning of the season anyway before said regression. Airdrie won the game but Raith came a lot lot closer to promotion than Airdrie did in the play offs and had a better season overall. If second and play off final isn't good enough ok, you say based on results we believe this team can do better, therefore we want a manager that has the CV to deliver this and is on paper better than Murray. So no Scott Browns etc.

Sorry for the long post

Theres not a squeak from any club in Scotland regarding an approach to speak to whoever, makes me think that the target is outwith the Scottish Leagues, its unheard of for anything like this to be kept under wraps 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

50 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Theres not a squeak from any club in Scotland regarding an approach to speak to whoever, makes me think that the target is outwith the Scottish Leagues, its unheard of for anything like this to be kept under wraps 

Could be , definitely unheard of  for the Scottish game 

9 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Some laugh to see the panic yo-yo between "Why is the cladding no finished?" and "Why is the manager no announced yet?"

It's all just becoming a big cover up!🫣

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

You've thought it was someone different almost every day. Tomorrow you'll be wondering if the new manager is perhaps the latest Chat GPT version. 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

There was this. 

13 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Please dont appoint anyone soon as the banter recently has been brilliant

It's ok, I don't think we were planning to.

Edited by renton

1 hour ago, g martin said:

So without this regression, Raith could have finished first in the league or could have won the play offs if they had stayed at the same level? Or could simply have finished with more points or some higher scoreline wins? If the latter is the answer and you were happy with league position and making play offs but not the manner in which you got there, you are getting into intangible things like "feel", a word which he used at least 3 times in the video.

Getting 2nd and reaching the play off final is a tangible achievement, the negatives of murray that were given seemed more vague to me. In any case I don't really see that I was supposed to watch the interview and decide that any other manager will do at this time, even if they have a weaker CV. New manager needs experience in the tier above / getting a club promoted or it makes no logical sense to me. I guess it does make it easier to take a punt on any new manager if you are truly not worried about results / getting promoted / league position at the end of a season, as long as it "feels" better.

I can understand why neutral fans were bewildered and it took most of our own support, myself included, by surprise too. However I’ve seen these do the rounds and I think it displays exactly what was meant by regression.

image.thumb.png.1cf99eeac001aa6695698af90a272c90.png

image.thumb.png.0bc7e5ae1bfef9c60bfcbf0e034e9cb3.png

image.thumb.png.64b5025a7ea8745e645aabac79a9f4e7.png.

The blue line is from 1st of January (not change in manager like the title says) and it clearly shows how performances dropped significantly in the second half of the season.

Without seeing the data, we could see as fans the performances had continued into the League Cup and the Airdrie match. 

Were we just meant to wait and hope it got better? It’s bold action certainly and time will tell whether it’s the right call. But the charts above showed what we saw from the stands last season - from January on, even when we were getting results, it was really because of individual moments (Vaughan at Ayr, Brown v Dundee Utd, O’Reilly at Dunfermline) rather than any coherent performance.