The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Think it's fair enough tbh that folk are starting to get a bit concerned.  By trying to engage in some transparency, there's now a void created by not making an appointment and no real communication afterwards - with little more than rumours to fill that void.  I get why Barrowman did it, but if you give people a line that contains the phrase "days rather than weeks", then you kind of either have to deliver on that, or provide further updates.  I get why they haven't done the latter, but the optics around this aren't looking great.

I actually don't have a problem with Potter/Cameron in interim charge for as long as it takes (I genuinely don't think we will be any worse off than if Murray had remained in charge, I was concerned with what i had seen so far and the Partick game was an obvious improvement) however I suspect if that was the boards intention then they would have said as much.  

I get what you are saying and have no issues waiting for the right person to come in, however it also appears that recruitment has stalled with nothing rumoured for weeks. 

We can all see we need a striker and another coupe in for different positions. 

An update from the club would be good for the latest managerial news but also player recruitment. 

9 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I get what you are saying and have no issues waiting for the right person to come in, however it also appears that recruitment has stalled with nothing rumoured for weeks. 

We can all see we need a striker and another coupe in for different positions. 

An update from the club would be good for the latest managerial news but also player recruitment. 

I had noticed this lack of recruitment since the sacking as well, I mentioned yesterday they may be saving money for the manager recruitment if they are trying to extract a big name from another club. What do you think of that for a theory? Or simply want to be able to promise a new manager a few of their own signings when they come in?

On 20/08/2024 at 12:19, g martin said:

That's more the level of name / CV I was expecting you to target in order to be a marked step up from Murray - years of experience in the top tier and achieved promotion from the championship. 

Have there been any player signings made since the sacking? The CEO interview after the sacking mentioned recruitment was ongoing and money was available. Possibly this has instead been set aside to get a bigger name manager? 

Maybe Robbie Neilson is homesick and said he will leave Florida for a pile of cash and a sunbed. Has also achieved promotion to the top flight more than once. That could also have taken some time to organise and could explain the wait.

50 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Anymore cliches you want to throw out there? 

At the end of the day it would have been nice to get the appointment done early doors, but it's important we get one of the most highly respected coaches in the game who understands the DNA of the club.

5 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

At the end of the day it would have been nice to get the appointment done early doors, but it's important we get one of the most highly respected coaches in the game who understands the DNA of the club.

Sounds awfy ITK

18 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

missing the obvious "moving forward" cliche.

1 hour ago, Langtounlaud said:

Used to be the smell of linoleum that covered Kirkcaldy, noo it's the smell of Rovers fans pishing their knickers. 

Trust the board to make the right appointment, not a quick fix. 

I get what your saying but the longer this goes on it just leaves more unanswered questions tbh, and fans are right to question why it’s taking so long considering the post hasn’t been formally advertised so our “list” is obviously getting smaller

36 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

And who is this fabled manager? Is it time to do what we always do when in trouble ?

IMG_4574.jpeg

57 minutes ago, g martin said:

I had noticed this lack of recruitment since the sacking as well, I mentioned yesterday they may be saving money for the manager recruitment if they are trying to extract a big name from another club. What do you think of that for a theory? Or simply want to be able to promise a new manager a few of their own signings when they come in?

The problem is the transfer window shuts at the end of next week, so any new manager would need to act quick or possibly look at the loan market.

4 hours ago, g martin said:

From an outsiders point of view - if in theory there was no external candidate found in the near future, wouldn't Fordyce be a more experienced option as he was at least assistant manager at Airdrie to McCabe? Unless Hanlon has managerial / coaching experience I am not aware of. 

In either case there is the question of what qualifications they’ve passed. Does anyone know which badges each may possess?

1 hour ago, g martin said:

What recruitment would Raith be looking at with IM still there? In all likelihood it would be perhaps an attacker…and with Potter still there any previously identified targets will have been assessed. It’s most likely IM was intending upon relying on a loan(s) for the final pieces, in which case it’s still early anyway. Yes we’re into a sudden defensive tight spot too, but only for a (hopefully) short period, and Potter will be watching that too. If a quality player becomes available, and Raith are a viable choice for them, I’d expect it to go forward, manager or not. It’s more likely the edge cases that Potter and the BoD would hesitate to sign now.

Edited by TxRover

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

The problem is the transfer window shuts at the end of next week, so any new manager would need to act quick or possibly look at the loan market.

If we're buying from other clubs, sure. But free transfers are able to be signed at any point and loans are available for a bit after August I think. Problem we have is that the free transfer market will start to get more and more towards "McBride and Frederiksen" sort of players the longer clubs wait. 

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

First and foremost, we need to select the right candidate. 

37 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

And who is this fabled manager? Is it time to do what we always do when in trouble ?

IMG_4574.jpeg

That'll be f**king right.  I'd rather have Yogi than him.
In fact I'd probably go as far as to say I'd rather trade in my near 40 years of following the Rovers to go to East End than have that p***k back.
(f**k the Pars obviously!)

Just now, Heid_The_Baw said:

That'll be f**king right.  I'd rather have Yogi than him.
In fact I'd probably go as far as to say I'd rather trade in my near 40 years of following the Rovers to go to East End than have that p***k back.
(f**k the Pars obviously!)

Never said I wanted him and it’s a joke obviously but yogi/east end  is a step too far 😜

My previous post might appear like I’ve went in two footed and I’m not ‘knicker wetting’ either.

A couple of defeats and no recognised striker in the match day squad there will be fans going apopletic.

We’ve rightly or wrongly punted Murray but the situation is a bit embarrassing.

Hopefully Potter and Micky can grind out another 1-0 win this Saturday and keep us going.

None of it can be good for business either. The lack of manager, plus the gaps in the squad are all causing a big loss in excitement. We can’t have sold many more season tickets in the week leading up to the Partick game and I can’t imagine the club shop or hospitality sales will have been booming over the last week.

Knicker Wetting as some folk like to call it will ultimately be costing the club money. That’s on Barrowman.

5 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

At the end of the season, when we lift that league trophy, we'll all be wondering what everyone was fretting about 

SQYbMTF.gif.f8fed118537d3d04a7f7fc88a7c5ebfd.gif