Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Folk that are booze free and don't feel the need to tell everyone all the time are the only ones who are "truly" happy. I haven't ate liquorice since I was 4 but I don't feel everyone has to know this all the time, why? Because it's my choice. And it's shite  - that's 26 years now, btw.

Neither are an achievement, get on with your life ffs.

4 minutes ago, Dele said:

Folk that are booze free and don't feel the need to tell everyone all the time are the only ones who are "truly" happy. I haven't ate liquorice since I was 4 but I don't feel everyone has to know this all the time, why? Because it's my choice. And it's shite  - that's 26 years now, btw.

Who’s feeling the need to tell everyone “all the time” here?

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

That’s not really a valid comparison though is it? Alcohol is everywhere in our society and accepted as the norm. Folk die every day from it. It wrecks lives, families etc. It’s an addictive drug and one that consumed me for about 25 years. When people beat their addictions it gives them a sense of achievement and purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Who’s feeling the need to tell everyone “all the time” here?

It's basically all I ever read Shandon Par say.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I tried some liquorice tea, it was very nice and refreshing. Nice alternative to tea & coffee if you're watching your caffeine level.

I'm never supplying you with Council cooking tips ever again, that sounds absolutely horrible!

21 minutes ago, Dele said:

It's basically all I ever read Shandon Par say.

I'm never supplying you with Council cooking tips ever again, that sounds absolutely horrible!

If someone is battling an addiction and it helps them or makes them feel better to talk about it or mention how long they’ve been sober then surely that’s a good thing? Your view is very simplistic, and a bit ignorant, in my opinion of course. 

11 hours ago, Rugster said:

Due to a combination of personal circumstance I haven’t had an alcoholic drink since August. Today was my birthday and I decided to have a couple of cans. Was looking forward to it. Turns out they tasted pretty shit and I really don’t miss drinking at all. We’ve got a night away planned on Friday with free drink all night and I’ll probably have a few at that but won’t be rushing back to the bevvy again in a hurry. 

There you go. 

Surprised that the thought of being knocked out and your hairy ass being bared to a room of people and attacked with scalpel didn’t drive you to drink!!

Edited by Rowan

If someone is battling an addiction and it helps them or makes them feel better to talk about it or mention how long they’ve been sober then surely that’s a good thing? Your view is very simplistic, and a bit ignorant, in my opinion of course. 
This.

I've been in the unfortunate position of having faced addiction in the past, and I have absolutely no problem with admitting it. For 10 years I was addicted to opiates (sp?) And prescription medication, ending up with a blurry 2 years, where it got to the point I faced prosecution for stealing medication from my work. I'm not ashamed of it and I certainly wouldn't put anyone down for opening up about past troubles.
Its talking about it that keeps it fresh in peoples minds and reminds them why they fought it and won.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I started a thread on the Jussie Smollett story, it seems to have been binned.

Anyway, he's been charged with filing a false report in relation to the racist and homophobic attack he alleged he suffered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47313172

Cerberus will be delighted the thread is gone.

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I started a thread on the Jussie Smollett story, it seems to have been binned.

Anyway, he's been charged with filing a false report in relation to the racist and homophobic attack he alleged he suffered

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47313172

He paid off the Nigerian brothers who pretended to attack him with a cheque. How dumb would you have to be, and is America still in the 20th century?

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He paid off the Nigerian brothers who pretended to attack him with a cheque. How dumb would you have to be, and is America still in the 20th century?

Surely a baseball bat or something would have been more effective. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:
Surely a baseball bat or something would have been more effective. 

Depends. Take your good self for example, who would have to get picked up off the bathroom floor if you put your aftershave on too hard.....

Mind that time I stayed at your house and I did just that? As I lay on the floor I turned my head around and I was still eye level with you?