Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The only problem with checking people's pulses would be that everyone would be nervous at a group of stormtroopers arriving at their house, probably even Nazis themselves!

57 minutes ago, supermik said:

Got a handwritten letter through the door today. It was basically an apology that due to the current covid problems, we are sorry that we can’t visit you personally.

It was from the local Jehovah witness people!!!

We got the same at work when we re-opened - some of the first visitors were from a local religious "counselling" group to apologise for not being available to "help" our workers.

I always accepted their literature "for your break room" when offered, as they were frankly terrifying and reeked of cult recruiters, but it went straight in the bin after they left. We occasionally had vulnerable people on the premises who could be easily influenced, and I think they targeted us (and similar businesses) as a result.

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've read a bit about the Jehovah's Witnesses, mostly by an ex-JW, and they seem to me like as if the Scientologists merged with the Free Presbyterians.

A bunch of total cults.

I had an auntie who was JV. I only met her a couple of times but she was absolutely hatstand. She did teach me that church steeples are representations of Satan's boaby, so there's that.

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've read a bit about the Jehovah's Witnesses, mostly by an ex-JW, and they seem to me like as if the Scientologists merged with the Free Presbyterians.

A bunch of total cults.

I used to work beside one. To his credit he never tried to 'spread the word' in the office (maybe he'd been warned off) but he was featured in the paper along with his wife and teenage daughters, banging on about how they didn't celebrate Christmas or any of that heathen stuff. They don't approve of blood transfusions, so every time the mobile unit visited the office I used to leave the donor volunteer form on his desk when he went for his dinner.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A bunch of total cults.

My flatmate is ex-Jehovah and given he's ex his parents don't talk to him but have sent him very flowery cards about it. Very strange.

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A bunch of total cults.

Their treatment of apostates is shocking.  Being willing to cut ties with members of your family because they won’t slavishly follow in your believes is the sign of a true c**t.

20 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I have a colleague who is an ex-JW. f**k knows what he was like before, but he goes on about it enough now.

I got to the door naked and it really freaked the JW's out.

Not sure what scared them the most. The fact I was naked, or the fact I knew where they lived.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

A girl i went to school with was a Christian scientist (or rather her family were). She broke her leg and they went mad at her for getting a cast. Should have prayed it better. 

Did any of them wear glasses?