Unpopular opinions.

35 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Double Impact is actually a good film.

Who ever said otherwise?!

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Furthermore, Jean-Claude Van Damme actually had a decent streak of entertaining films in the late Eighties/early Nineties.

...but that film will always remind me of the night I spent in a friend's bed with double Van Damme staring at me from the ceiling, roughly two feet away from my face  :shutup

Van Damme had a great run. Films like AWOL, Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Timecop and Universal Soldier were all ace.

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Van Damme had a great run. Films like AWOL, Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Timecop and Universal Soldier were all ace.

"I Just want to eat..."

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Forgot 'Guile's speech'

Not a lot of people know this, but Van Damme can do the splits. It's easy to miss, but if you watch every single one of his movies, there'll be a point where he does the splits, and it's quite clever how they manage to make it important to the plot, and not just a reminder that he's physically supple and probably quite excellent in bed IRL.

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Now they have mango smoothie IPAs 

Had a Drygate one last night. Got someone else to try it first - she screwed her face up then was sick in her own mouth - before I took a swally and thought "meh, it's drinkable". By the time I got half way down the tin I was fighting back the watery pre-spew. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Not a lot of people know this, but Van Damme can do the splits. It's easy to miss, but if you watch every single one of his movies, there'll be a point where he does the splits, and it's quite clever how they manage to make it important to the plot, and not just a reminder that he's physically supple and probably quite excellent in bed IRL.

I don't see how it's relevant unless you want to take him up the arse.

On 24/01/2021 at 16:56, Mr. Alli said:

Had a Drygate one last night. Got someone else to try it first - she screwed her face up then was sick in her own mouth - before I took a swally and thought "meh, it's drinkable". By the time I got half way down the tin I was fighting back the watery pre-spew. 

Double disco mango smoothie? I actually quite like this, there's also one you can get in Morrisons that's kinda like a pineapple milkshake, which is a very odd experience that I can't quite explain... I don't think I like it, yet I have somehow repeatedly bought them. 

The above came about searching for something new to try that I could drink a lot of. Absolutely sickened myself of multiple beers during the first lockdown and need something different. 

The worst of the worst are these chocolate milk stout or peanut butter porter type crap. Someone got a random selection of beers for Christmas and these in particular were utterly dreadful. 

Edited by thistledo

Jagermeister. Fucking hell, must be years since I had one of those.
Ice cold it's ok, but warmer it's absolutely rank.

Jäger straight is much better (which isn’t saying much) than a Jäger bomb. Whether that’s cause Jäger is alright or cause energy juice is fucking rank I don’t know. I had an Irish car bomb once, Jameson’s and Baileys dropped into some Guinness. I’d been drinking for 12 hours by this point and was fine, the last thing I remember was having it. Never again.

Jäger straight is much better (which isn’t saying much) than a Jäger bomb. Whether that’s cause Jäger is alright or cause energy juice is fucking rank I don’t know. I had an Irish car bomb once, Jameson’s and Baileys dropped into some Guinness. I’d been drinking for 12 hours by this point and was fine, the last thing I remember was having it. Never again.
I hate both Jager and Red Bull but curiously, quite enjoy a Jagerbomb.

Greater than the sum of its parts.