Unpopular opinions.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

King Charles has never won the King Cup

Annie Potts has never won the Potts Cup

Cheryl Tweedie has never won the Tweedie Cup

However Oscar Hammerstein did win an Oscar 

Sue Ryder never won the Ryder Cup.

Drowning a Sunday roast in too much gravy is fucking pointless man, might as well have had anything and just put gravy all over it to kill the flavour. 

You want just enough gravy on the meat and potatoes to enhance the flavour, wee bit in the yorkie as well if you're having them. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Drowning a Sunday roast in too much gravy is fucking pointless man, might as well have had anything and just put gravy all over it to kill the flavour. 

You want just enough gravy on the meat and potatoes to enhance the flavour, wee bit in the yorkie as well if you're having them. 

Not sure I fancy chocolate and gravy

2 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Not sure I fancy chocolate and gravy

*** sees opportunity to make a smutty comment

*** thinks it could be construed as offensive to the LGBTQ+ community ***

*** thinks better not ***

*** realises it's the Unpopular Opinions Thread ***

***stuff it ***

image.jpeg.b3cbb881395275a75c09a22a9bd1b07c.jpeg

Edited by jimbaxters
made slightly less "gammony"

We seem to have the need to label people/things these days. Everything has to be labelled as a certain condition or diagnosis, when the plain truth is some people are fucking stupid. They will make decisions in line with this, its not anybodies fault that they come from a long line of paste eaters and they don't need to be given a nice cuddly label for this just call it as it is. 

We are at a point where reasoned intelligence is being shouted down for fear of upsetting the swathes of f**k wits that walk amongst us. 

9 hours ago, pub car king said:

We seem to have the need to label people/things these days. Everything has to be labelled as a certain condition or diagnosis, when the plain truth is some people are fucking stupid. They will make decisions in line with this, its not anybodies fault that they come from a long line of paste eaters and they don't need to be given a nice cuddly label for this just call it as it is. 

We are at a point where reasoned intelligence is being shouted down for fear of upsetting the swathes of f**k wits that walk amongst us. 

I'm liking how this is a popular sentiment despite no examples being given. Pub car king could be talking about cerebral palsy or making a veiled comment about the inferiority of certain races (please pretend you were, just for the craic).

When I was a kid, it was dyslexics who were routinely classed as thickos by folk who knew more than "experts", so I am curious about which groups are the modern day equivalent.

7 hours ago, Big Rider said:

Paste eaters😆

We now get people who can’t give a reasonable account for their point of view on something, demanding parity with experts because its their “opinion”. Best just to keep Schtum if you don’t know anything.

People spend far too much time talking about things that happen "these days" that aren't a recent occurrence. There used to be a God-botherer on every television programme where serious social issues were being discussed, and the media was swamped with astrologers when I was a kid. Folk have been demanding that their baseless hunches be taken seriously since Utag the Hairy first declared that the sun wouldn't rise outside of his cave in 50,000 BC.