The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd seriously have Peter Houston back before Lee Clark or Jim Duffy. If it's true that Gary Caldwell has applied, we should be giving him whatever he wants.

@tubbybairn

I'm surprised Danny Lennon hasn't been mentioned so far.
Didnt you mention him a couple of pages back in some attention seeking, ITK type post?

Is this a follow up?

(I may be wrong, cba checking since the above will remain broadly applicable to you anyway even if I am)

7 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Sheps will be offered plenty of two year deals if he keeps up his goal a game scoring at Edinburgh City.

Possibly, but then you told us that he would have his pick of League 1 and 2 clubs if he left Falkirk. He ended up at the second-worst team in senior Scottish football.

Did no-one else want him?

That's not a dig BTW and I was a bit surprised myself that no-one else appeared to have been in for him. Or did he feel some sort of loyalty to EC?

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:
Their fourth stand is a temporary structure used solely for away games...

Aye shame we didn't get to use it at Firhill !!

Unfortunately the planning permission for the monorail doesn't allow it...

Just hope our board really take the time to think about the state we are in and how crucial the wrong appointment would be.

Imagine how our fans would react if we got some c**t like McCoist. It would just prove that they hadn't a clue with regards to the feelings of the support.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Possibly, but then you told us that he would have his pick of League 1 and 2 clubs if he left Falkirk. He ended up at the second-worst team in senior Scottish football.

Did no-one else want him?

That's not a dig BTW and I was a bit surprised myself that no-one else appeared to have been in for him. Or did he feel some sort of loyalty to EC?

I know there were a number of teams interested in him in leagues 1 and 2. I guess he chose to go back to Edinburgh City as he felt appreciated there and that's where he's played the best football of his career. I believe they also pay good wages for that level. The fact they're managed by James Mcdonaugh probably also had something to do with it..

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Just hope our board really take the time to think about the state we are in and how crucial the wrong appointment would be.

Imagine how our fans would react if we got some c**t like McCoist. It would just prove that they hadn't a clue with regards to the feelings of the support.

Some of our fans would be over the moon with McCoist