The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

not far off what I was thinking.  Sticks in my mind that Dixon played as a centre half for United.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him there.

I think he will play left back for us especially with the new centre back coming in. McGhee hasn't been great but I think the manager will stick with him and try the new lad beside him.

Harrison on the bench as back up.

McGhee has been poor this season but he's been playing behind a shite midfield, next to appalling defenders and in front of a totally incompetent goalkeeper. I'd be confident he'd produce more of the performances we know he is capable of with better players around him. Same goes for McKee IMO. 

See when we're announcing new signings it always says "Falkirk fc is delighted...", should it not be "Falkirk fc are delighted...". I know it's a totally minor thing and the least of the clubs problems but it annoys me everytime I see it but I'm not sure if I'm right or not!

49 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

Does this mean you were taking pictures of players before the contracts were agreed with the player and respective clubs as a just in case??

No, the process is that the player gets medical-ed and then he and his agent sign the contract and all the relevant paperwork. After that they're brought through to me and sometimes interviewed for FFCTV. If it's a "big" signing like a manager then he often gets unveiled at a formal press conference with other media, though in some cases I get access to them beforehand.

I don't think we'd ever do it the other way round. And I'm not just saying that for any Morton fans reading.

Delays in announcements are usually due to getting agreements on timings from the previous / parent club.

1 minute ago, spud131 said:

See when we're announcing new signings it always says "Falkirk fc is delighted...", should it not be "Falkirk fc are delighted...". I know it's a totally minor thing and the least of the clubs problems but it annoys me everytime I see it but I'm not sure if I'm right or not!

Oh good, not just me then.

1 minute ago, spud131 said:

HairyImpressionableDromedary-size_restricted.gif.2cf81f878d180fbd7d5b88708f251e8e.gif

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Common mistake. Slavery had absolutely nothing to do with racism, and absolutely everything to do with economic prosperity.

To be fair to you slavery still goes on for economic prosperity but I'm certain alot of people justified slavery circa 1700s with a hefty bit of racism. 

Probably too heavy a topic for the Falkirk FC thread judging by the red dots.

I believe "...club is..." is the most accurate in our English but making the organisation plural isn't necessarily wrong.
Basically, both are okay (as I understand)!

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

I still think we need an experienced striker. Rudden and Lavery don’t fill me with confidence considering the position we’re in.

I notice the number 9 is still vacant. Maybe one of our targets is finishing a loan deal elsewhere.

I still think we need an experienced striker. Rudden and Lavery don’t fill me with confidence considering the position we’re in.

Experienced doesn’t really matter we just need better.

Haber was the experienced striker and look how rancid he was. Give me an Andy Nelson over some c**t like that any day.

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, AL-FFC said:

Edibairn has been must be creaming himself with being ITK and all his predictions being right.

Did he get a single one right? Of the names he actually mentioned none of them have signed so far :lol:

16 minutes ago, spud131 said:

We have a lawyer as Chairman (woman). There's no way they will get it wrong. Fine print detail a speciality.

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

Will have to see them as a pairing for two or three games before any reasonable judgement can be made. Rudden has been pretty good when clear cut chances have come his way. It’s the new midfield who will create those chances, and (hopefully) keep the ball well away from the lame ducks that are still going to populate our defence. Muirhead is probably now the one most likely to undermine our recovery.

Harrison can be relied on to do a simple job with a bit of discipline. Aero can’t. It’ll be interesting to see which one makes way for McKenna.

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Did he get a single one right? Of the names he actually mentioned none of them have signed so far :lol:

Not a single one even the one from Everton he named was the one rumoured during the summer, the rest were apparently we were looking at but the player (s) had other offers.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Will have to see them as a pairing for two or three games before any reasonable judgement can be made. Rudden has been pretty good when clear cut chances have come his way. It’s the new midfield who will create those chances, and (hopefully) keep the ball well away from the lame ducks that are still going to populate our defence. Muirhead is probably now the one most likely to undermine our recovery.

Harrison can be relied on to do a simple job with a bit of discipline. Aero can’t. It’ll be interesting to see which one makes way for McKenna.

A poster earlier mentioned Muirhead going back to right back. That wouldn't surprise me!