The Falkirk FC Thread

Yeah that makes sense. Gives them an opportunity to block the next Hamish Deans from gaining too much power, without committing them to spend cash reserves they may not have. 

If the club doesn’t have the money then it can still not approve a share sale. If anyone with over 1% of the company wishes to sell to another shareholder then they need Board approval.

At the AGM the club will need 75% of the shareholding to vote for the resolution to start releasing shares. If it doesn’t then Rawlings can’t have the shareholding he is looking for. The only other avenue would be to buy the MSG shares of those who want out and sell then to Rawlings. That of course would mean less coming into the club coffers.

Dunfermline were clearly the better team in the second half but miles ahead, no.

Second half they were miles ahead IMO. I sent a text to a mate late on in the game to ask him had we actually been in their box 2nd half. I thought we were appalling 2nd half and defensively appalling all night. All four at the back will need emptied if we somehow get up this season.

Overall I was far from impressed, didn’t think they were that great either but yet again had young legs all over the pitch.

If anything last night also highlighted if there's anymore room in the budget after the centre back a winger is needed. Connolly was injured which led us having to put Leitch and Todd out wide left who were both unatural out there and it didn't work at all. Dowds was impressive, held the ball in well and also had a surprising turn of pace for someone of his size. Again it's already been said but having gomis and miller in beside eachother doesn't work as they both want to do the same job.

Edited by FFC 1876

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If anything last night also highlighted if there's anymore room in the budget after the centre back a winger is needed. Connolly was injured which led us having to put Leitch and Todd out wide left who were both unatural out there and it didn't work at all. Dowds was impressive, held the ball in well and also had a surprising turn of pace for someone of his size. Again it's already been said but having gomis and miller in beside eachother doesn't work as they both want to do the same job.

Would disagree with Todd. Thought he looked good wide left and played a full season with Queens in that position.

Leitch, again, was absolutely invisible.

Edited by wee_bairn

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Heard that Leitch has been playing really well in our games so far, apart from one or two clever passes he looked like a player lost among footballers, as said maybe an over the top reaction.....

I was all for him getting a chance. Last season he looked great in games that didn’t matter but vanished when it did. 
Really not convinced Mercer is an upgrade on Doyle either. Tbf, he won’t come up against anyone of Dom Thomas’ ability this season so we will see how he does next week.

Edited by wee_bairn

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Just listened to Cracks interview after the game, clearly pissed off with display, but I’m slightly concerned that although he’s confirmed we’re needing a defender, he’s not pinned it down to a CB. Looking for someone that can bring overall cover, unless there’s still a decent budget, I hope we’re not sacrificing a salary on another maybe player.

Aye agreed. Was astonished he included RB in the quote considering Gary Miller can fill in there. A competent centre half is a must.

Edited by wee_bairn

Not a lot to add here about what we learned from the match other than it’s now very obvious we need a quick, strong no nonsense central defender who will not only boss opposition but sort out the rest of his back four 

Also found it was refreshing to listen to honest assessment from Cracks after game & would have been interesting if we had the likes of Alston & Connelly on bench 

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

Whilst I agree we need a new centre half let’s not get carried away. We conceded 18 goals last season and had one of the best defence records in the country with 3 out of that back 4, considering Buchanan dropped out when M and M came in. 

Yes when we play anyone from 5th to 10th we look ok but we get absolutely ragdolled defensively against a competent striker like Goodwillie. Brian Graham will have a field day against Hall.

Edited by wee_bairn

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Think we’re all singing from same hymn sheet on the game, but we don’t have any player like Thomas. Tactically D.... got it spot on second half, went man to man across the midfield & froze out Morrison Leitch & Gomis.

With Thomas free he was able to have a free hand. I would like to think that M&M are not that stupid knowing that players like Gomis Millar and Dixon will probably be ok in this division, but against a decent Championship side all three toiled. CB pairing is frightening and at least one new player needed. Still think some of the criticisms are a bit over the top, after a decent first half. We haven’t played football for seven months and it’s clear we’re needing games for fitness and with Alston & Connolly to come back, let’s not get too carried away.

D..... won’t be to far away from top of league at end of season.

We also don’t have the budget to have players like Thomas and Whitaker at the end of the day. Dunfermline will have the 3rd biggest wage bill in the Championship behind Hearts and Dundee.

They are throwing a lot of money at going up.

We have a rotten defence and let’s face it a lot of us have seen that coming - what worries me is that M&M don’t see the defence is rotten.

We have a rotten defence and let’s face it a lot of us have seen that coming - what worries me is that M&M don’t see the defence is rotten.

I think they do but they’re never going to come out publicly and say that. They won’t want to alienate players before a league season has even started in case they need to rely on them at some point.

First competitive game in 7 months so don’t want to read too much into it. We’ve had excellent Betfred cup campaigns, and a poor season. However we’ve also had poor Betfred cup campaigns and had a poor season.

I expect Clyde and Dumbarton to be towards the end of League One, those games will be more of a gage for where we are at I reckon.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We also don’t have the budget to have players like Thomas and Whitaker at the end of the day. Dunfermline will have the 3rd biggest wage bill in the Championship behind Hearts and Dundee.

They are throwing a lot of money at going up.

Whittaker looked completely done to be honest so I wouldn't take him over the likes of miller anyway.  Think we need to remember this is the league cup and none of these guys have kicked a ball in anger in 7 months.  Dunfermline only scraped past Dumbarton via a pen in their first outing but that extra 90 mins makes a big difference and you saw that the longer the game went on. First half we were decent keena should've scored and the ref bottled a clear pen. Second half Dunfermline changed to one up top and took control of the middle of the park. We should really have done something to match that but didn't . However you may find this was for the long term benefits of getting our first choice 11 up to speed.  So what did we learn from this 90 mins. Well we all knew we need a decent centrehalf with pace and this reinforced that. Mercer is a decent footballer but a  bit slow although Thomas is a class act at championship level and Kevin O'Hara is still utter dung. Still a lot of work to do but it's being ready for the 17th that matters and not before as we learnt 3 seasons ago..

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Whittaker looked completely done to be honest so I wouldn't take him over the likes of miller anyway.  Think we need to remember this is the league cup and none of these guys have kicked a ball in anger in 7 months.  Dunfermline only scraped past Dumbarton via a pen in their first outing but that extra 90 mins makes a big difference and you saw that the longer the game went on. First half we were decent keena should've scored and the ref bottled a clear pen. Second half Dunfermline changed to one up top and took control of the middle of the park. We should really have done something to match that but didn't . However you may find this was for the long term benefits of getting our first choice 11 up to speed.  So what did we learn from this 90 mins. Well we all knew we need a decent centrehalf with pace and this reinforced that. Mercer is a decent footballer but a  bit slow although Thomas is a class act at championship level and Kevin O'Hara is still utter dung. Still a lot of work to do but it's being ready for the 17th that matters and not before as we learnt 3 seasons ago..

Moderators, I think somebody has hacked into Shadwell's computer or summat and are making positive posts, can you please check it out? Either that or Shadwell is on the same euphoria inducing drugs as Donald Trump.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Moderators, I think somebody has hacked into Shadwell's computer or summat and are making positive posts, can you please check it out? Either that or Shadwell is on the same euphoria inducing drugs as Donald Trump.

If we perform badly on the 17th then I can assure you I'll get fired right into them but after one game in 7 months against a team from the league above with a much bigger budget plus we were missing our major signing is not the time to do it.