The Falkirk FC Thread

Derek Mcinnes says he's "open to anything". !!!!!!!

What better job than the charity case that is Falkirk FC!

Awaken a sleeping giant Derek, or comotosed football club. who ever gets us out of this never ending nightmare will be loved by all after what we've had to watch and endure over the past few years.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

For me we need to be looking for a manager who can win us the championship and then stabilise us in the premiership. We will soon be on our 6th manager in little over 3.5 years- we can't continue with this level of management and player turnover. 

Phil and Carrie Rawlins have come in with the clear objective of getting to the top flight ASAP- we need someone in who can achieve that rather than another short term firefighter.

A fine goal, but can you hire THAT coach with the prospect of another year in League One first? It’s a pretty difficult ask to find someone who will rebuilt the team and infrastructure, win League One, then win the Championship and stabilize you in the Premiership when there are several better positioned teams ready to poach that coach. The likely candidate to meet your goal is not one of the conventional names, it would either be an out of favor old guard member or an up and comer...and that sure sounds a lot like recent hires.

Just watched Holt’s interview. Might just be me, but I thought his comment about the mood in the camp was interesting. I got the impression that the players weren’t upset M&M were gone, but like I said, might just the way I’ve taken it.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Just watched Holt’s interview. Might just be me, but I thought his comment about the mood in the camp was interesting. I got the impression that the players weren’t upset M&M were gone, but like I said, might just the way I’ve taken it.

I got that impression as well. Also found the comment about what the players are doing in and off the ball interesting 🤔 

there was actually a few comments in there that were probably a slight dig at them!

Edited by Ecosse83

I got that impression as well. Also found the comment about what the players are doing in and off the ball interesting [emoji848] 
there was actually a few comments in there that were probably a slight dig at them!

I noticed that one as well. I wasn’t sure if I was reading too much into the comments, but definitely seems like a few digs were thrown in.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Jackie McNamara working in the background at Dunfermline could be worth giving a try.

Jesus H.

Have you paid any attention at all to football managers in the last decade or so? He was disastrous at DU and got hunted after his dodgy contract was exposed. He then took York City down to tier 6 in England where they continue to languish. Plus he's been seriously ill in the last year or so, so would be totally unsuitable for a job like ours.

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Jackie McNamara working in the background at Dunfermline could be worth giving a try.

Our last attempt at "giving a try" ended up the biggest feck up in the clubs history and will likely consign us to another season in this tinpot league, if the guy has decent credentials then fair enough but we need to be more professional than just giving somebody else a "try".

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Jesus H.

Have you paid any attention at all to football managers in the last decade or so? He was disastrous at DU and got hunted after his dodgy contract was exposed. He then took York City down to tier 6 in England where they continue to languish. Plus he's been seriously ill in the last year or so, so would be totally unsuitable for a job like ours.

So, that confirms he doesn't have the credentials 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I noticed that one as well. I wasn’t sure if I was reading too much into the comments, but definitely seems like a few digs were thrown in.

Aye there definitely was. I liked his comments on the manager search though, sounds like a proper process this time thank feck! 

Judge that at 4.45 tomorrow. He ain’t going to say they are on their knees now is he?

Guest Caractacus Potts
On 22/04/2021 at 20:10, Trump said:

What in the f**k have I just read?

I just plucked out a name. Put in whatever you want, the point is that whoever it is will effectively have Gary Holt as boss with  4 years managerial experience under his belt.