The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Macron are terrible.

As was our home shirt last season - a Falkirk shirt should never be that close to THEM!

I got what they were attempting do with the pinstripes akin to the spall coasters kit but it wasn't even remotely close. Made even worse by the lunatic that thought I know let's make the away kit blue aswell then having stumbled across the glaring f**k up rush out a third white kit that was no more than generic puma training gear. 

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Had a few of them a certainly were a better quality than most.

Personally speaking I don’t think you can beat adidas & don’t recall we’ve ever used them 

But my teenage grabs in & his contemporaries are Nike fanatics 

Everyone to their own I guess 

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Macron are terrible.

As was our home shirt last season - a Falkirk shirt should never be that close to THEM!

The more simple the strip the classier it looks and would be a commercial success.

Home

Blue tops with white collars and cuffs white shorts with choice of blue - white - red socks to avoid colour clashes

Away White tops with blue collar and cuffs blue shorts

Mix and match for a third strip is required

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

I was hoping for a modern version of this to help mark the inaugural season of the Crunchie stand…

D214FFC7-B631-4340-A9A3-BD4A024A1816.jpeg

My first strip in 1982/83. Loved it. A slightly modernised take on it would be tremendous, and red socks are a must. Bring back Patrick!

The more simple the strip the classier it looks and would be a commercial success.
Home
Blue tops with white collars and cuffs white shorts with choice of blue - white - red socks to avoid colour clashes
Away White tops with blue collar and cuffs blue shorts
Mix and match for a third strip is required

Far too sensible for on here[emoji23]

14 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I wouldn't mind Hummel again.  , joma and castore strips just look like cheap shite, not a fan of macron either. 

I've got a couple of Joma kits I wear to the gym and they're better quality than our current Puma ones.

On a slightly different topic, ticket sales for Crunchies match are slow, hoping many are simply holding off till next week to get a ticket. Some guys on here have worked their bollocks off for such a long time getting this in place, it would be terribly disappointing to see a low turn out. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

On a slightly different topic, ticket sales for Crunchies match are slow, hoping many are simply holding off till next week to get a ticket. Some guys on here have worked their bollocks off for such a long time getting this in place, it would be terribly disappointing to see a low turn out. 

Yeah disappointing, but friendlies for us are notoriously poorly supported, plus it’s not part of a season ticket, should have just made the first Dunfermline home game “crunchie day” like what they did with Latapy with donation buckets on the day. Considering there is a legacy donation it could be (hopefully not) a poor amount.

11 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Could have predicted the low turnout. I recon lucky to make 1,000 for a friendly. Would have been so much better unveiling at first league match.

Yeah- a friendly against Kilmarnock was never going to get a massive crowd.

It’s also at the start of the Falkirk holidays which I suspect won’t help.

However many tickets are sold in the run up I reckon the same amount again will make a decision on the day and go. Still think there will be a reasonable crowd, more than would be at a regular run of the mill friendly anyway. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.