The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

Oh dear. What a shame. Imagine the support bring unhappy with a group of players who never tried a single f*****g leg for eight months of a nine month season. These big, bad, nasty, ungrateful Falkirk fans once again. Absolute disgrace. 

Your continual defence of, and endless supply of excuses for, the biggest bunch of charlatans to ever wear the strip is as ludicrous as all of your other nonsense. I’m only surprised you have not attributed last season’s abomination to boardroom leaks. Still time. 

Never insinuated that at all your missing the point ! Their contracted players McGynn has limited budget and has to play them. He has to turn them into better players. Getting on their backs when they are picked gets us nowhere.

As for leaks from the boardroom they have stopped for good reason they saw it reflected badly on them and the club.

Get a reality check.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Never insinuated that at all your missing the point ! Their contracted players McGynn has limited budget and has to play them. He has to turn them into better players. Getting on their backs when they are picked gets us nowhere.

As for leaks from the boardroom they have stopped for good reason they saw it reflected badly on them and the club.

Get a reality check.

Get a spell check.

Aye he signed a PCA months ago but pulled out of it when they were relegated. Might still end up in your league depending on what other offers he gets.
Did he? I heard Hughes was keen to get him to the Fifers, saying there is no loyalty in football etc, but Sibbald wasn't for it. So I'd be surprised if he signed a PCA with them.

O'Hara absolutely hates the Pars and still signed for them so unfortunately there's no reason why Sibbald wouldnt do the same. Still, surely he wouldnt have been on megabucks at Livi so hopefully we wouldnt have to lay on a fat wedge of cash like we did for Griffiths. Given the nick of the Championship this year he's not going to get a better wage offer from anyone apart from Dundee and possibly Partick anyway

Sibbald did indeed sign a PCA with Dunfermline. He was also going there on loan in January, but they wouldn’t pay the wage percentage. 

As of last week, the only confirmed offer on the table for him was Ayr United. A week’s a long time in football though, so that may have changed. 

[quote post="15316581" timestamp="1656696706" name="mozam76" userid="15558"
As of last week, the only confirmed offer on the table for him was Ayr United. A week’s a long time in football though, so that may have changed. 

I’d be shocked if we’re the only club interested though. Bit surprised that Bullen openly admitted to trying to get him but we’ll only be one of a few clubs after him.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

O'Hara absolutely hates the Pars and still signed for them so unfortunately there's no reason why Sibbald wouldnt do the same. Still, surely he wouldnt have been on megabucks at Livi so hopefully we wouldnt have to lay on a fat wedge of cash like we did for Griffiths. Given the nick of the Championship this year he's not going to get a better wage offer from anyone apart from Dundee and possibly Partick anyway

He would've been on around 1k a week I'd imagine. Honestly he was probably one of our upper earners I think after signing an extension when he was in good form. That kind of cash probably is a bit much but he's the right player if a team is pushing on a bit

Sibbs is an ambassador for Pro Performance Academy (or something like that) based out of Little Kerse.

Charlie Telfer, Cameron Blues and Stephen Kingsley have all been down LK recently getting ready for their respective pre-seasons, wherever they may be so Sibbs probably doing same.

Edited by Blame Me

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

If Sibbs signs for Dunfermline I’ll be done with football forever.

If he drops to this level, but not to us, I will be forced to assume (and will not hear otherwise) that we opted no to go for him. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If he drops to this level, but not to us, I will be forced to assume (and will not hear otherwise) that we opted no to go for him. 

We are 100% in the race for Sibbald. Whether we win that race is another thing entirely but he cannot sign for them.

8 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

We are 100% in the race for Sibbald. Whether we win that race is another thing entirely but he cannot sign for them.

Would love to see the guy back. Has ability the others we’ve had in midfield could only dream about (McGinn perhaps exempt)type of player that can split a defence, turn/sidestep the opposing midfield and not scared to have a pop.

Would expect some championship teams to be front runners.